How to avoid reverse hunting

Post by 1nf3ct3d »

How exactly does it happen?
If i'd know why it happens i could avoid it
France iNcog
Ninja

Re: How to avoid reverse hunting

Post by iNcog »

It happens when the hunts get too far away from their starting hunt. After that all I can say is that reverse hunting doesn't happen every time, more like 1 out of every 2 shots (iirc).
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

From what I've experienced, it's like 1 in 10 shots or even rarer and it happens randomly.
EDIT: although I may be wrong, it just feels like that... see below
No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by 91 »

It's definitely depending on their starting point, the further away the more likely to backherd.

Keep in mind the starting point might be different from where they are when you scout them, sometimes causing lots of backherding, and other times being able to herd very far

I tested this a lot to see if it was dependent on for example where my villager was standing or which animal I was shooting at. I didn't really get much more clarity in how it works though, except that it tends to always backherd at the same distance from their starting position.. (might be different distance for different hunts too, didn't test this)
Austria 1nf3ct3d
Crossbow
ESO: lestan33

Post by 1nf3ct3d »

Maybe the guys making maps somehow have some insight here?

so it means that if u know where they started u have to atually back herd to herd them into the right direction? or are they regardless of where u shoot them running back to their starting location
No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by 91 »

1nf3ct3d wrote:Maybe the guys making maps somehow have some insight here?

so it means that if u know where they started u have to atually back herd to herd them into the right direction? or are they regardless of where u shoot them running back to their starting location

Sorry I could've been more clear. With "backherd" I actually meant that they run back towards their starting location. If they are at their maximum "backherd range" you can never trick them into running further by shooting from the other side. They actually don't care at all from what direction you shoot when they "backherd". (except some weird angles sideways) What matters is their starting point.

I also tested now again.

1. Villager position does not matter
2. Which animal is shot does not matter. It's instead the location of the whole group that seems to matter.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Everything for you is there : https://www.twitch.tv/rikikipu/v/40655733
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Rikikipu wrote:Everything for you is there : https://www.twitch.tv/rikikipu/v/40655733

*can't

:P
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Each herd has a range within which it can be hunted. The center of this circle is where the hunt originally spawns. Animals move by themselves in addition to when they get hunted.
Backherd happens when you try to hunt the herd outside of its range of pertinance. It is not random.
Image Image Image