Announcing ESOC Invitational #2!

Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Announcing ESOC Invitational #2!

Post by Mitoe »

Hey everyone! I am proud to announce that ESOC will be hosting another small invitational tournament shortly after the Autumn Championship!

However, in light of recent discussion & events there will be some changes from our usual ruleset, so let me explain:

We've had a lot of feedback about how map diversity is a bad thing as it encourages non-standard play and how many of maps such as Bonnie Springs, Tibet, Indonesia, Klondike, etc. are "non-standard," "trash," "pathetic," "deplorable," "disgusting," and pretty much any other negative adjective you can think of in virtually any modern European language. So to right our previous wrong-doings, this will be the new map pool for this event and future events, and in fact, the only maps you will be allowed to play on ESOC patch in general:

1) ESOC New Great Plains
2) ESOC New Great Plains
3) ESOC New Great Plains
4) ESOC New Great Plains
5) ESOC New Great Plains

This new map is revolutionary, more balanced than any other map we've ever made, and will only encourage the most standard of gameplay. To be honest I can't believe we ever played on maps like High Plains and Kamchatka, as they pale in comparison to this one! Here's a screenshot of this new upcoming map:

In this new and improved version of AoE3's iconic Great Plains map, we've added a significant amount of hunts in order to prevent "mapscrews" and the like. Players also start with at least 3 gold mines under their TC and 2 safely tucked in the back behind their base to ensure their vills will never be at risk of exposing themselves to the dangers of "completely random" cavalry raids.

Treasures have also been removed, as they have proven themselves detrimental to the health of the game. We are also currently considering removing explorers from the Discovery Age and adding them to your Colonial Age politicians, as you may incur an unfair advantage by attacking your opponent's villagers.

As you can see, we also changed the trade route so that each player has their TP tucked safely behind their base and on a route of it's own, so now you no longer have to worry about those pesky players taking all 5 trading posts and grabbing that stagecoach upgrade uncontested because you wanted to do a naked FI! Now you can simply upgrade your own single TP out of harm's way and reap all the benefits of stagecoach with none of the drawbacks!

If the map proves to not be as balanced as we wish after playtesting, we are also currently considering turning all of the mines into gold mines and the bison into elephants, but we'll keep you posted. We don't want to overdo it. ;)

-----------------------------

There are also some other quick changes coming up in the next version of EP I should let you know of beforehand:

- Portuguese has been removed from the game because it would clearly be too imbalanced on ESOC New Great Plains, and as we all know, every single map should be able to compete equally on every single map. Since we decided to cut every single other map from the game, we figured we might as well scrap this civ too.
- All units no longer snare. This mechanic was just too broken to continue any longer.
- Docks have been removed from the game in case anyone tries to make monitors in the ponds.
- The herding mechanic has been removed, as the skillcap it too high to consistently herd hunts to safety.

-----------------------------

The future is looking better and better for Age of Empires 3 everyone! Soon we will be hosting even more events on the most balanced patch in AoE3 history! Look forward to it!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: Announcing ESOC Invitational #2!

Post by gibson »

Less then 5 tps.......bad map. Trash, pathetic, deplorable, and disgusting.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

PLZ TURN ALL BISONS TO ELEPHANTS

Btw who is invited to this invitational?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

who says mitoe cant troll :flowers:
United States of America rickytickitembo
Dragoon
ESO: RickyTickiTembo

Post by rickytickitembo »

And you didn't even add trees?! What a joke.
My favorite donut is chocolate Aiz.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

ovi12 wrote:Btw who is invited to this invitational?

@somppukunkku for sure. He was the one who finally inspired us to take these measures to balance of the game once and for all. All he had to do was convince me that Bonnie Springs was a bad map and that's where it all began. No one can even compare to his magnificent understanding and mastery of the game at the moment.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

rickytickitembo wrote:And you didn't even add trees?! What a joke.

Actually, we did ;) I neglected to mention that.
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

One of the more beautiful things I have read this week. . .
No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Post by enjoy2play »

wow, finally the first esoc tourney which i like, so this is my first sign up for any esoc tournament!!

thx
Acergamer wrote:Well, that's it for me fellas haha. Anyways I just want to say good luck to Samwise12 ,and hope he beats Lordraphael since he's basically a piece of shit idiot combination of Garja and Umeu.
N3O_Jerom wrote:and huh the balance is actually pretty good
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Is this picture a disgusting pro-Brexit propaganda? Jobless British citizens, abandoned by their leader and surrounded by brownies.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Make a historically accurate great plains with no trees pls
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

One of the native posts spawned closer to the blue side than red; this map is pretty much unusable.
duck
:mds:
imo
Mali SenorCallen
Skirmisher

Post by SenorCallen »

deleted_user wrote:Make a historically accurate great plains with no trees pls

they had trees until the white man took them
"I suck"

-Mitoe

"Ugh I suck"

-Mitoe
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

7/7 shitpost, would shit again
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

#balance
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

i was hoping this wasn't simply a shitpost, but i guess since it's in general and not news it certainly isn't serious :(

it would be a nice experiment! i think different formats for small-scale tourneys/invitationals is a great thing to bring to the community in terms of entertainment value
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Looks like sth kiirbii would like to play
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

How the fuck am I supposed to 10/10 every single game? This map is terrible for my playstyle and you should feel bad.
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

Playing on the same map five times on a row is boring, no matter what map it is. This map is balanced of course but there is an exaggerated amount of resources and you don't have sea. Why would you play on a land map only on a tourney, people who fish are disadvantaged then (kynesie, breeze etc). I don't get why people wouldn't play on the classic esoc maps (Hudson Bay Arizona Arkansas High plains) with a different amount of resources if that's the problem
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

tedere12 wrote:Looks like sth kiirbii would like to play
Are 2lts allowed to play?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:
tedere12 wrote:Looks like sth kiirbii would like to play
Are 2lts allowed to play?

What are u talking about he is pr50
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

Hype!!, Good job Mitoe for the write up
[spoiler=spoiler]guys kiirbii is captain now, cmon..[/spoiler]
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:Playing on the same map five times on a row is boring, no matter what map it is. This map is balanced of course but there is an exaggerated amount of resources and you don't have sea. Why would you play on a land map only on a tourney, people who fish are disadvantaged then (kynesie, breeze etc). I don't get why people wouldn't play on the classic esoc maps (Hudson Bay Arizona Arkansas High plains) with a different amount of resources if that's the problem

No Flag musketjr
Lancer

Post by musketjr »

i guess if this shows anything it's that esoc needs to disassociate itself from the rhyno because, as you can see, people like mitoe have no capacity for exercise of their own agency when under the influence of a (as it happens, simple minded) control freak

goodspeed is undemocratic, but intelligent, and it is submitted he should reassert control
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Move to town center pls MODS!