AOE offline 1.2

United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

AOE offline 1.2

Post by giveuanxiety »

Hey guys update on Age of Empires Online. The community released a new version yesterday, of the attempt to rebuild the game (aizamk and others helped). Not to talk it up too much. It still does NOT contain multiplayer or any form of PVP. (hopefully in the future)

If you have no idea what game I'm talking about here is a good youtube vid of a tournament finals that I played in which was observed with commentary and streamed on the live ageoempires twitch channel, back in its glory days. @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSwBxCeYrrE

the new released version of AOEO is called Project Penelope 1.2
Download @ http://aoeo4ever.net/forums/news/467-pe ... .html#3591
(need to register on forums to dl)

This version include the final built game. minus capital cities and online.
It includes Norse, Celt, Babylonians, Greek, Persian, and Egyptian civilizations.

You can play quests and also download ones that community members have made and play those ones. It is fun to mess around with and I hope some of you enjoy it.
Also we are trying to grow that community in the hopes that online and pvp will some day return. If it does there will be tournaments hosted with prize pools similar to the aoe3 ones just an fyi.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Re: AOE offline 1.2

Post by Ashvin »

Congrats! you and AoEO community has a long way to go :smile:
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

thx, I edited post to include the youtube vid. (forget to link it originally)
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

I remember this. I was so excited when I bought the game.
. . . And then logged on and realized it was free to play.

TBH I never really got into it. The quest system and gameplay seemed too far off from the original series of Age Of Empires.

That said it is nice to see some people enjoyed it, and perhaps just for that it should be kept around.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

How did you manage to buy a free-to-play game? You got scammed?

I guess I'm in a similar position, I only played in beta and wasn't that amazed. I've heard a lot of good things about the game though and would be willing to try it again, especially if new servers and multiplayer would be reintroduced.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

EAGLEMUT wrote:How did you manage to buy a free-to-play game? You got scammed?

I guess I'm in a similar position, I only played in beta and wasn't that amazed. I've heard a lot of good things about the game though and would be willing to try it again, especially if new servers and multiplayer would be reintroduced.

You could buy separate civs. I still have that code unused if anyone wants it.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

giveuanxiety wrote:Also we are trying to grow that community in the hopes that online and pvp will some day return. If it does there will be tournaments hosted with prize pools similar to the aoe3 ones just an fyi.

Are you pledging to sponsor them? :ohmy:
oranges.
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

If pvp comes back I would definitely donate money towards a tournament, soldier would also and many other players that were competitive. Zuta probably would too as he loved the game and hosted a tournament back in the day for it where he put in $600 by himself.

India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

I loved this game. Started playing when the champion mode and empire points patch was already done, so never had much to dislike. I saw your farewell to aoeo video recently. The theme music inspired some nostalgia.

This project developed quite fast. But i suppose from here on, road to private server and pvp would be quite difficult. There is supposed to be a seperate server version of the game right, which they probably can't get their hands on. If you have some inside knowledge, can you please comment how soon can we expect or probability of getting the pvp, capital city mode(consumables) and private server...

Looking forward to playing it again, when I get time in coming months.
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

Well there was a guy working on getting the online version to work, sadly I havent heard anything recently. however I'm pretty sure he really wants it back himself and he said it was going to be a time consuming process and would keep at it and update us when necessary.

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Very interested in this project, have you guys considered talking to voobly ( no flame pls!! ) in regards to multiplayer support?
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

drsingh wrote:I loved this game. Started playing when the champion mode and empire points patch was already done, so never had much to dislike. I saw your farewell to aoeo video recently. The theme music inspired some nostalgia.

This project developed quite fast. But i suppose from here on, road to private server and pvp would be quite difficult. There is supposed to be a seperate server version of the game right, which they probably can't get their hands on. If you have some inside knowledge, can you please comment how soon can we expect or probability of getting the pvp, capital city mode(consumables) and private server...

Looking forward to playing it again, when I get time in coming months.

There already exist emulations for Advisors+Consumables on P1.2 if the scenario designer has set it up to work that way.

As for pvp and private servers, I feel like they're still pretty far away from reaching that goal. Basically, until further notice, the project operates on an entirely offline basis.
oranges.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Ahaha this is so illegal
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

should b fine unless a C&D shows up in the mail
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

Age of Cartoons is back!

Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

Updating from 1.2 to 1.3 (after downloading the update pack): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjRcYITjqAk
For some reason there is weird bug (?) with elifent, it seems :S hope the people working on it can fix in a future update
oranges.