Micro Tips

No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Micro Tips

Post by mnogud »

I am bad at microing musk type units in both mirrors and when using in melee. Any tips on how to improve upon it ? I tried to find a convenient hotkey to switch from melee to volley mode but i fail to do so. Also is attack move good for ranged units as it usually bugs out for me.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Micro Tips

Post by forgrin »

mnogud wrote:I am bad at microing musk type units in both mirrors and when using in melee. Any tips on how to improve upon it ? I tried to find a convenient hotkey to switch from melee to volley mode but i fail to do so. Also is attack move good for ranged units as it usually bugs out for me.?

Attack move is weird in this game, it seems to have some kind of delay. Just takes getting used to I think (I still suck at it). If you have a mouse with secondary buttons (any gaming mouse) then maybe map the hotkeys there for combat, makes it much faster to use.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Micro Tips

Post by Mimsy for President »

The animation is very slow. Not your fault.
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Micro Tips

Post by mnogud »

but the problem i face is
1) first shot is always overkill
2) i tend to lose a lot of units while retreating. I am fine at kiting with skirms but just suck with musks.
3)i lose a lot of musks when someone calls minutemen and there is cav present
France iNcog
Ninja

Micro Tips

Post by iNcog »

i'm starting to think that attack move should not be used

it's just shitty in this game and buggy
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag drumal
Skirmisher

Micro Tips

Post by drumal »

there is way to use hotkey for change formation?! HOW?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Micro Tips

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

drumal wrote:there is way to use hotkey for change formation?! HOW?
Only on TAD ^^
Jaeger

Micro Tips

"Unit Tactics Hotkeys" part
No Flag drumal
Skirmisher

Micro Tips

Post by drumal »

So i have to move on TAD.. why this very helpful function cant be on nilla also :(
Jaeger

Micro Tips

To force people to migrate to TAD and that's one of the reasons that explain the OPness of TAD & TWC civs. It's just marketing and it's understandable imo.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Micro Tips

Post by Marco1698 »

Nilla sucks. Move attacks often bugged so micro can't be correct as well
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Micro Tips

Post by mnogud »

can you please not discuss about attack move and tell me how to micro instead :/
Jaeger

Micro Tips

mnogud wrote:can you please not discuss about attack move and tell me how to micro instead :/

mnogud wrote:Also is attack move good for ranged units as it usually bugs out for me.
? ? ? ? ?
Anyway watch this &' play "time to micro" scenario. Im not sure if it helps but I learned some basics there.

[video src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqLcvZ189-U" size="medium"][/video]
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Micro Tips

Post by mnogud »

shaolinstar wrote:
mnogud wrote:can you please not discuss about attack move and tell me how to micro instead :/
mnogud wrote:Also is attack move good for ranged units as it usually bugs out for me.
? ? ? ? ?
Anyway watch this &' play "time to micro" scenario. Im not sure if it helps but I learned some basics there.

[video src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqLcvZ189-U" size="medium"][/video]
seen it long back... the musk battles shown are small in number.... but in large numbers i overkill a lot...and micro scenario is not the same as in game
France iNcog
Ninja

Micro Tips

Post by iNcog »

I'd look at first person VODs from good players. H20 when he streams, for example. Look at how he fights musk vs musk mirrors.

Otherwise a player who has really impressed me in the past with micro is Braidon, I'm sure there are good FPVODs of him playing. Basically he selected a couple of ranged units, (8 or 9 musks), then he clicks on an enemy unit to shoot a volley. He manually spread infantry fire and was a beast at it. most good players will do that, instead of a-move.

it really comes down to adjusting unit positioning for melee units and making sure that ranged fire is spread out correctly. easier said than done, for sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddNUKc66ZD4
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Jaeger

Micro Tips

mnogud wrote:...and micro scenario is not the same as in game
Yeah no sh*t ^^
France benj89
Howdah

Micro Tips

Post by benj89 »

I once played him when he hosted "1v1 be godlike" games, wanted to give a lesson to this arrogant guy
I got bashed by some pure brit musk bo, was sad
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Micro Tips

Post by _H2O »

Watch my stream when I play, if you are in chat as some questions on what I am doing and I will answer.

The problem with time to micro is that its not realistic at all. All those tactics used to win those fights are great ideas for the scenario, but i rarely control my units the way described in those VOD's. The amount of value you get for the work put in is so small there.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Micro Tips

Post by Marco1698 »

Micro tips: use attack move and fight only where you can win
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Micro Tips

Post by Durokan »

Dont ever micro, play like the glorious boneng! A quote directly from the man himself, "I micro by macroing." This man is my spirit animal. (But im not good) :(

Kidding of course :)
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Micro Tips

Post by princeofkabul »

durokan wrote:Dont ever micro, play like the glorious boneng! A quote directly from the man himself, "I micro by macroing." This man is my spirit animal. (But im not good) :(

What I''ve seen the guy has a decent micro if he wants to put effort in it. But terrible macro, cause of the res stockpiling, not investing it at all.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Micro Tips

Post by macacoalbino »

princeofkabul wrote:
durokan wrote:Dont ever micro, play like the glorious boneng! A quote directly from the man himself, "I micro by macroing." This man is my spirit animal. (But im not good) :(

What Ive seen the guy has a decent micro if he wants to put effort in it. But terrible macro, cause of the res stockpiling, not investing it at all.

The quote is very funny though

Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Micro Tips

Post by macacoalbino »

mnogud wrote:but the problem i face is
1) first shot is always overkill
2) i tend to lose a lot of units while retreating. I am fine at kiting with skirms but just suck with musks.
3)i lose a lot of musks when someone calls minutemen and there is cav present
Ok, I''ll try to help with this
1) you can use attack move but that''s the lazy way. if he has 1 unit in front is overkill just like clicking all the units. What you can do is, when approaching a fight you click in the direction you want the units to move, once the enemy units appear you have to drag a box with at least 6 musk to attack 1 opponent musk (which will kill it) and do that fast to make all units attack. Doing so you will spread the dmg the most efficient way.

2) Don''t understand this exactly, it''s when you''re retreating from a fight? or when trying to kite with musk?

3) In this case you can maybe not fight too close to the enemy''s TC when you know he can do this. also if you get caught you can leave a couple of units behind and try to save the rest of the group, as they won''t be slowed down by the ones who are taking hits from the cavalry.