Tip of the day -- Improve ur treasures hunting skills

India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Tip of the day -- Improve ur treasures hunting skills

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Hey the idea that peacelot said u can practice this on Lost map or ty it out on scenario editor were u can lay treasures and play there. Lost map which is game with full of treasures u can try it out there and also u can also use my technique I think many of them knows this use ur scout to gt the treasures I have posted my comment on this on triangular treasure please check that out if u practice these u would significantly improven ur treasures hunting skills by seeing this link https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zdSSVCfDOeg{ thx @sircallen for mentioning the link } all those skills I got is from playing Lost Idk lost map is there on TAD but there is on Nilla u can try there. The link where is posted my ideas is this viewtopic.php?p=196573#p196573 please check that out!
:nwc:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Tip of the day -- Improve ur treasures hunting skills

Post by momuuu »

Someone link parfait's video on this pls.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Yes, the very concise, 10 min video on creeping by Parfait: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zdSSVCfDOeg
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

For the best Lost map, check out this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6275
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I think there are a lot of better ways to creep than that video lays out. And it skips over age 1 dynamics. (Sometimes to minimize steal risk you creep differently).

It's a good pr 25 starting point. If you are higher than that then you should be looking to push your age 1 play well beyond that.
No Flag Nathan_Drake98
Crossbow

Post by Nathan_Drake98 »

_H2O wrote:I think there are a lot of better ways to creep than that video lays out. And it skips over age 1 dynamics. (Sometimes to minimize steal risk you creep differently).

It's a good pr 25 starting point. If you are higher than that then you should be looking to push your age 1 play well beyond that.

Can you give more tips?
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

I don't have the time to do it right. Would love Kaiser or Mitoe to write something. Those are the other two players who I think get it really well.

Maybe I can build on that
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Watch ryans streams or his explains series with interjection, he usually talks a lot about treasures on them!
Watching a lot of those made me realize how big age 1 can be in a match.

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Pro tip: dont care as much about age 1. It often doesnt matter that much and the fact that it fucks with your mentality is a much bigger deal.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

macacoalbino wrote:Watch ryans streams or his explains series with interjection, he usually talks a lot about treasures on them!

iirc, veni talks a lot about this too in some of his casts. I remember a specific one he talked about, Spain vs Russia or sth like that on Hudson bay casting with interjection. Anybody else remember what I'm talking about?

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

sdsanft wrote:
macacoalbino wrote:Watch ryans streams or his explains series with interjection, he usually talks a lot about treasures on them!

iirc, veni talks a lot about this too in some of his casts. I remember a specific one he talked about, Spain vs Russia or sth like that on Hudson bay casting with interjection. Anybody else remember what I'm talking about?

There's his video on YouTube about treasure hunting.
:nwc:
No Flag Nathan_Drake98
Crossbow

Post by Nathan_Drake98 »

So veni and _H2O's streams?
I'll watch it, thanks! I think that treasure hunting is a big part of the game but I'm bad at it.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

Watch the age 1 in h2o explains videos. Those do provide a lot of real examples.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Jerom wrote:Pro tip: dont care as much about age 1. It often doesnt matter that much and the fact that it fucks with your mentality is a much bigger deal.

Although you shouldn't really care about treasures stolen and such, I do think you should always maximise your potential in age 1, as there is not a lot to be done. Micro vills perfectly, check opponent's deck, try to creep nicely, too.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

A great example of the effects of age 1 in a game is game 5 of best trash can vs British musketeer. Duck had a huge lead going into age 2 coz of the age 1 shenanigans
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Lost maps are random treasure spawn so the answer is NO. Also.. "exploring is skill " h2o
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

randomness factor is rather irrelevant in terms of creeping, right
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

rsy wrote:A great example of the effects of age 1 in a game is game 5 of best trash can vs British musketeer. Duck had a huge lead going into age 2 coz of the age 1 shenanigans

;p
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Jerom wrote:Pro tip: dont care as much about age 1. It often doesnt matter that much and the fact that it fucks with your mentality is a much bigger deal.

Most people do this and that's why they lose hard in age 1 and then say it's luck, when in fact there's a (big) part of skill

Maybe I will at some point do a first person video like this guy did about treasures, or write a guide idk. I feel like most people underrate age 1
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

pecelot wrote:randomness factor is rather irrelevant in terms of creeping, right

The guardian runs in a random direction after you shoot it while being outside of the zone yourself, and if you are unlucky and it runs out of the zone itself, it will reset. You either hope this doesn't happen, or you stop creeping and walk inside the ring of death.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

sure its partly skill, but let's take Silk Road map for example.

There is two spots where usually a big wood or food or coin tres will spawn. It's near the nat tp's on the side of the map. So you can either go for the tres spot closest to your base, or you can go to the tres spot closest to the enemy base. Let's say spot A belongs to player 1 and spot B belongs to player 2.

So 4 things can happen
Both players go to their own spot. 1 goes to A, 2 goes to B
Player 1 goes to A but player 2 also goes to A
Player 2 goes to B but player 1 also goes to B
Both players go to enemy spot, 1 goes to B and 2 goes to A.

In the first and last scenario, there is really no skill involved, it's just about luck. 1 spot will likely have a 90w tres, the other will have like 80f tres or maybe some shitty horse siege tres.
In the middle scenario's, you can say well, the skilled player should always go hunt for the enemy tres, so he can steal it, cuz hes better at clicking to pick up tres and hes better at avoiding tres bug, but if both players do this, you end up with the last scenario, and were back at luck deciding tres hunting.

People say age1 is skill, but it's not that much, i mean sure, creeping is a skill but it's not a big skill. Most of age1 is knowledge, knowing where the best tres are on each map, and also knowing your opponent so you can predict wether he will go for your tres or go for his own, and it's experience, knowing roughly where your opponent can be on the map, depending from how far you arefrom his base or where he just picked up a tres. This is not skill, but it's definitely not just luck either.

But let's face it, you can have a good scouting pattern, but sometimes the map will just spawn shitty tres there. like on yukon you always go top asap. Sometimes you find a 125w tres just outside your base, and your opponent is most likely going to be too late to steal it, even if he walked straight to it. Some other time all that you will find is the huge 500 res tres or a polar bear tres. You just can't deny that it is luck.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Gendarme wrote:
pecelot wrote:randomness factor is rather irrelevant in terms of creeping, right

They guardian runs in a random direction after you shoot it while being outside of the zone yourself, and if you are unlucky and it runs out of the zone itself, it will reset. You either hope this doesn't happen, or you stop creeping and walk inside the ring of death.

That's exactly the kind of stuff people should know but don't know. If you do a line with the treasure, the guardian and your explorer, with your explorer being out of range of the guardian, when you shoot at him he will not run in a shit direction (he will always stay in what you call the "ring")
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

I thought the ring was around the treasure (i.e. if it runs too far away from the treasure it will reset), and not affected by the position of the explorer.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Gendarme wrote:

The guardian runs in a random direction after you shoot it while being outside of the zone yourself, and if you are unlucky and it runs out of the zone itself, it will reset. You either hope this doesn't happen, or you stop creeping and walk inside the ring of death.

It's not the randomness I meant initially, but I hope it was explained enough above.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

@umeu Yukon is a bad example; everyone does the same scouting pattern and are aware of the 125w treasure - so apart from creeping and stealing it's luck. Furthermore, knowledge is a part of skill (at least the way people use the word). If you put your pikeman who's taking fire from the TP in cover mode while I don't, you're regarded as more skillful in that regard, even though I would do the same if I only had realised the fact that cover mode reduces outpost damage.