why am I so bad?

United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Re: why am I so bad?

Post by _H2O »

Clubs can't ever fight. Ashi can and with the speed difference in early game you can get a nice catch potentially. From there you can blend a few nagi to back a transition to yumi or punish someone who is pure yumi. Really I suck at this matchup though since the nerfs so I may just be wrong haha
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Yeah, you usually have 4 sets of hunts near your base that you can defend nicely.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

_H2O wrote:Clubs can't ever fight. Ashi can and with the speed difference in early game you can get a nice catch potentially. From there you can blend a few nagi to back a transition to yumi or punish someone who is pure yumi. Really I suck at this matchup though since the nerfs so I may just be wrong haha

ashi are just a horrible unit for their cost in colonial though, and if u make a batch of ashi u miss a batch of yumi, meanwhile u can train clubs from the cons for essentially free but what do i know.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

_H2O wrote:Clubs can't ever fight. Ashi can and with the speed difference in early game you can get a nice catch potentially. From there you can blend a few nagi to back a transition to yumi or punish someone who is pure yumi. Really I suck at this matchup though since the nerfs so I may just be wrong haha

Ye you lost to a "giant trashcan"
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

So funny.

Yeah they are a pretty bad unit honestly. They don't do well vs cav and are expensive.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

to be honest, ryan was ahead the entire game, if he didnt missmacro so terribly (stacking 2 shipments and then 1500f), he wouldve won even with the attack problems. he was ahead 20 score all game, so his frustration was understandable. It's still aoe3 gold tho.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

How does a pure Yumi Japan mirror work? Wouldn't a bunch of nagis just go ham on everything?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:Tbh a part he's cheater, you can notice about your mistakes. You should always be ?/200pop . So make more shrines, also you can't stay age2 for so long time.

Lastly, sending 5 yumi at 12 min mark and then 15 min mark, is terrible. If you have nothing better to send, then try to age up. (20 min still age2 is terrible anyway)
the issue was there aren't any hunts to shrine, and a shrine without hunts takes a superong time to pay off. I believe the wood gather rate without animals is .17 so a shrine that costs 106 wood(didn't send kami) would take over 600 seconds like 10 minutes to pay off, just don't seem worth it. Also I didn't feel like I could sneak in an ageup cause he would have just pushed me, eliminated my fb and taken the map and just followed me up.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

imo what went wrong was more in unit control and decision making. As I said, there was a point where u did the nagi switch and you had like 10 nagi and couldve cleared up his entire army.

You didnt take that fight, which you shouldve, then you waited, and took another fight in a much worse position and from then it was basically fighting all the time. But you moved your yumi's around way too much and you also moved your nagi too much in some fights. If you had controlled better, you wouldve swept him even with the cheats he used.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

I think card order was a problem too, sure positioning could have been improved but at this lvl you can just out macro your opponent in mirrors and attack-move if you have superior mechanics.

Shipping double 600c to make nagi doesn't make any sense when you're making yumi too. Double 600w would have let vills gather coin (more efficient) and you would have had more mass, then you could just a-move and win.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

forgrin wrote:I think card order was a problem too, sure positioning could have been improved but at this lvl you can just out macro your opponent in mirrors and attack-move if you have superior mechanics.

Shipping double 600c to make nagi doesn't make any sense when you're making yumi too. Double 600w would have let vills gather coin (more efficient) and you would have had more mass, then you could just a-move and win.
theres no reason to send 600w on that map. You arent gonna be making shrines cause you can get at max 3 hunts(including the big shrines). I checked and he sent 4v first as well. It doesn't really matter what you put vils vs shrines on cause shrines gather at different rates based on the res as well.
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

gibson wrote:
forgrin wrote:I think card order was a problem too, sure positioning could have been improved but at this lvl you can just out macro your opponent in mirrors and attack-move if you have superior mechanics.

theres no reason to send 600w on that map. You arent gonna be making shrines cause you can get at max 3 hunts(including the big shrines). I checked and he sent 4v first as well. It doesn't really matter what you put vils vs shrines on cause shrines gather at different rates based on the res as well.

600w is just more vs than 600c, and you can use it for market ups and whatnot. Also, shrines gather wood and coin at the same rate... go test it.

India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

forgrin wrote:
gibson wrote:

600w is just more vs than 600c, and you can use it for market ups and whatnot. Also, shrines gather wood and coin at the same rate... go test it.

lol man, the map he played has less hunts + he dint send heavenly kami, so its perfectly fine that he can skip 600w and go directly 4 vills while making like 120-140 pop shrines..also he was playing aggressive so no point in booming fully with shrines. Also, he probably shipped 600c to add nagi mass which makes sense, as opponent had yumi mass.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

you're right but you wanna pressure mines due to there not being that many of them, while theres plenty of trees
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

gh0st wrote:
forgrin wrote:
Show hidden quotes

lol man, the map he played has less hunts + he dint send heavenly kami, so its perfectly fine that he can skip 600w and go directly 4 vills while making like 120-140 pop shrines..also he was playing aggressive so no point in booming fully with shrines. Also, he probably shipped 600c to add nagi mass which makes sense, as opponent had yumi mass.
yea I was already behind in yumi count so the only way to deal with yumi was nagi
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

gh0st wrote:
forgrin wrote:
Show hidden quotes

He was making yumi too. My point was that if he's making yumi anyways then why not just use 600w to make those and mine/shrine coin for nagi instead of sending double 600c to make nagi. It's simply more efficient resource-wise.

edit: ofc hard to overcome OP 4 settlers as Japan

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I dont know exactly, but theres a reason that it used to be ashi mirror and I think h2o once made a guide explaining that raiding the shrines with ashis just gives you too much advantage. I do think thats a pretty big deal on a map where theres like 30 animals in total.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Jerom wrote:I dont know exactly, but theres a reason that it used to be ashi mirror and I think h2o once made a guide explaining that raiding the shrines with ashis just gives you too much advantage. I do think thats a pretty big deal on a map where theres like 30 animals in total.
In a normal game it might be but in this game where there are literally 4 total hunts and only one thats being contested ashi just arent good.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Yeah but on the mid RE map they're good again I think. Otherwise I'd yumi though.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Hazza54321 wrote:
forgrin wrote:
yemshi wrote:Ashi suck hard.
I can't imagine a situation where yumi+nagi+club wouldn't be superior.

EDIT: Making ashi sucks. The unit in itself is quite good.

Compositionally it's better, but there's gotta be a reason that pro jap mirrors are just pure ashi. From games I've seen it's because of siege.

Thats old meta, everyone makes yumi now because theyre a superior unit

Lol this is exactly why I give zero shits about high level player's opinion now. I have been asking high level players for ages why dont you make yumi (and other things ppl do now) and only getting obvious BS answers, as if logic doesnt exist.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

rofl, Ovi's Rebellion guys. Hide in your Bastille's cuz Ovi is cummin for yaaa
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Sometimes it's understandable to skip justification of one's opinion if one assumes it's common, which I imagine would be the case here... :hmm:
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

No matter how bad you are at the game, there is always someone worse, like me.
Error 404: Signature not found
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

The guide was written when shrines mattered more and ashi had like 8 more attack in colonial lol
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

noissance wrote:No matter how bad you are at the game, there is always someone worse, like me.

i will contest that, lets duke it out!