Diplomunion Tournament Super-Thread

New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Re: Diplomunion Tournament Super-Thread

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

pecelot wrote:Jake, y? :mad:

Don't be an internet bully and call my extremely good BO bad.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor
ESO: hleung / cll (DE)

Post by hleung »

First of all, Happy Birthday to ESOC! Just a quick update from me, as some players have failed to schedule their matches in the last two weeks for various reasons, Jakey and I have decided to give an extra week for the players who have yet to play the matches to schedule the games with their opponents, until Saturday the 18th. After RO32, we will be doing each round within a week just to speed up the things a bit.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

MCJim vs NekoBerk
Result: [spoiler=spoiler]2-1 for MCJim[/spoiler]

GG's. Though I have to say I barely played in last 2 months, so expected him to win. Especially after the first game where he did a good job! I had a feeling I came back to AoE3 a bit more during the 2nd and 3rd game ;)

Also thanks for casting Eaglemut and Me4rts. It will be uploaded here: https://goo.gl/Dy0V5q

WP!
Attachments
[EP2-1 SP] NekoBerk[FR] vs MCJim[FR] - ESOC Mendocino.age3yrec
(1016.75 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
ESOC Mendocino
ESOC Mendocino
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: ESOC Patch 2.1
Length: 21 minutes
[EP2-1 SP] NekoBerk[BR] vs MCJim[BR] - ESOC Arkansas.age3yrec
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
ESOC Arkansas
ESOC Arkansas
Length: 14 minutes
[EP2-1 SP] NekoBerk[BR] vs MCJim[BR] - ESOC Arizona.age3yrec
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 46 times
ESOC Arizona
ESOC Arizona
Length: 19 minutes
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

GGs you two, a very close series!
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

While we are waiting for the players in RO32 to finish their matches, the first RO16 match has been played earlier today between @pecelot and me.

[spoiler=spoiler]For some reasons, I thought not doing any preparation at all and starve myself without lunch were some great ideas... But anyway, @pecelot wins 3-0 with ease in any case without a doubt.[/spoiler]
@Googol @EAGLEMUT Thanks for coming to rescue at the last minute and cast the games. :smile:

The link to the stream is here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/122492709

And as per the rules, the replays are uploaded and attached to this post.

GGs WP

Edit: Forgot to attach the replays :P
Attachments
[EP2-1 SP] Pezet[PT] vs hleung[BR] - ESOC Arizona.age3yrec
Portuguese vs British
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 44 times
ESOC Arizona
ESOC Arizona
Length: 21 minutes
[EP2-1 SP] Pezet[SP] vs hleung[GE] - ESOC Florida.age3yrec
Spanish vs Germans
(1.42 MiB) Downloaded 47 times
ESOC Florida
ESOC Florida
Length: 29 minutes
[EP2-1 SP] Pezet[BR] vs hleung[JP] - ESOC Kamchatka.age3yrec
British vs Japanese
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
ESOC Kamchatka
ESOC Kamchatka
Length: 11 minutes
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

@pecelot showing off some unusual strats here. If you wanna see stuff like carded grenadiers, imperial age unction, or brutal apache raids, look no further!
Another thanks to @Googol for taking over the stream last-minute and making the live cast of this series possible ;)
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

Already the second match of RO16 has been played between @sdsanft and @__Uhlan__ while we are still waiting for the final matches of RO32 to be played...

[spoiler=spoiler]@__Uhlan__ won 3-0 and advanced to RO8[/spoiler]
@deleted_user4 @Vinyanyérë Thanks again for helping out with casting in the very last minute!

Here's the link to the stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/123124158

GGs WP and great casting!
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

Wait I thought we were ro32

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

sdsanft wrote:Wait I thought we were ro32

This is yet another example of bad casting. The casters should've alerted SDS that it was a ro16 match, he would've had a better chance to win the prize that way and would've tried more. I'm disappointed in @sirmediocre and @besttrashcan
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

Hi. Just an update from me again. RO32 has ended at 00hrs GMT today (Monday), and we are now progressing to RO16.

There were, unfortunately, two matches not being played despite the fact that the players have been given three weeks of time to schedule, and with advanced notification as well as plenty of reminders. As a result, those four players have been disqualified, which is an unfortunate thing to happen in RO32.

RO16 has already started, and it is scheduled to end on Monday next week (February the 27th) at 00hrs GMT. Players are requested to schedule and play their matches before the deadline.

List of matches to be played in RO16:

@aligator92 vs @bobabu
@EAGLEMUT vs @almalek
@britishmusketeer vs @agrondergermane
@NamikazeMinato vs @MCJim

Please notify the tournament admins (@JakeyBoyTH or me) once you have scheduled your match so that we could arrange casters for you. Thanks. GL HF!

Edit: @evilcheadar @bwinner you have advanced to RO8 unopposed, and you will be playing against each other in RO8. Please take your time to schedule and play your match - right now you have got two weeks to do so!

hleung
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

looking forward to seeing you in the finals @evilcheadar
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

haha so nice my opponent makes no try to come even online so i just get my balls cut off :(
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

sebnan12 wrote:haha so nice my opponent makes no try to come even online so i just get my balls cut off :(

I am replying altogether with the pm that I have just received from you.

First of all, quite the opposite of what you have said, your opponent did come online for at least a few times for the last few weeks.

You both came to me at one point or another and complained about not being able to schedule the match; and at the same time @pecelot advised you to join the tournament discord while I asked your opponent to come to ESOC forums to schedule the match via pm.

It is also because of your match which has delayed RO16 for a week - the tournament admins have been extremely lenient and were looking forward to your match being played. We have also sent out advanced notifications (three weeks!) and multiple reminders to you about the match. While we provide help with scheduling, we are not there to babysit the participants just to get all the matches played.

If you suspect your opponent has been trying to dodge you, why did you approach to me only after I sent you a pm three days ago about the match, and without showing any proof to me? You showed your willingness to play with your opponent for a few times - there is no doubt about it; but your opponent also showed me proof as well that he was willing to communicate and schedule the match - and just to clarify, I was forced to disqualified him as well, not just you.

Obviously, as tournament admins, we could have done a better job with the system, and we are having frequent internal discussions about improvements - both immediate and in near future. But are we, as tournament admins, the only ones to be blamed? Could both you and your opponent have done a much better job at scheduling? I hope you have got your answer there.

hleung
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

sebnan12 wrote:haha so nice my opponent makes no try to come even online so i just get my balls cut off :(

settle down we are not ESOC there were reasons
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

hleung wrote:

I am replying altogether with the pm that I have just received from you.

First of all, quite the opposite of what you have said, your opponent did come online for at least a few times for the last few weeks.

You both came to me at one point or another and complained about not being able to schedule the match; and at the same time @pecelot advised you to join the tournament discord while I asked your opponent to come to ESOC forums to schedule the match via pm.

It is also because of your match which has delayed RO16 for a week - the tournament admins have been extremely lenient and were looking forward to your match being played. We have also sent out advanced notifications (three weeks!) and multiple reminders to you about the match. While we provide help with scheduling, we are not there to babysit the participants just to get all the matches played.

If you suspect your opponent has been trying to dodge you, why did you approach to me only after I sent you a pm three days ago about the match, and without showing any proof to me? You showed your willingness to play with your opponent for a few times - there is no doubt about it; but your opponent also showed me proof as well that he was willing to communicate and schedule the match - and just to clarify, I was forced to disqualified him as well, not just you.

Obviously, as tournament admins, we could have done a better job with the system, and we are having frequent internal discussions about improvements - both immediate and in near future. But are we, as tournament admins, the only ones to be blamed? Could both you and your opponent have done a much better job at scheduling? I hope you have got your answer there.

hleung

just lol
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

NEED MORE XP
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

i dont blame u nor jake nor anyone else of the tourney staff.. but that decision is so poor.. and saying my opponent came online quite a bit is just wrong he was online maybe once (maybe!) per week.. i was roughly online every evening i told him to come when he has time and catch up and sent him messages over messages im willing to ss them.. i dont want ur decidion to be changed and i accept it.. but its a wrong decision which i want to point out... i cant change it anyways but dont twist it as if its not a wrong decision..
edit: i thought that he would be disqualified.. thats why i didnt send u pms earlier about the dodging problem.. i dont even know if he actually wanted to dodge fact is he barely made response

NEED MORE XP
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

sebnan12 wrote:i dont blame u nor jake nor anyone else of the tourney staff.. but that decision is so poor.. and saying my opponent came online quite a bit is just wrong he was online maybe once (maybe!) per week.. i was roughly online every evening i told him to come when he has time and catch up and sent him messages over messages im willing to ss them.. i dont want ur decidion to be changed and i accept it.. but its a wrong decision which i want to point out... i cant change it anyways but dont twist it as if its not a wrong decision..
edit: i thought that he would be disqualified.. thats why i didnt send u pms earlier about the dodging problem.. i dont even know if he actually wanted to dodge fact is he barely made response

The truth is the organisation of this tournament is scrappy at best. We have been making large strides toward implementing a better system. There are some situations as a result of this that cannot be avoided. If we have some situations like these that can be solved quite easily with communication, but somehow it just doesn't happen.

In the new system everything will all be in once place and only reliable players will be accepted into tournaments. I know that it is unfair to dq you right now, and I apologize. I will look into this further as I have been away for a week, if it turns out both of you have been online and have been in similar circumstances (I'm sure both of you pm'd me at some point!) then the choice to dq will be fair. It would not be ethical to choose over the other so we would have to dq both.

Because if you won you would have played bwinner, and bwinner is advancing to RO8 early anyway, we can get you to play him if we feel like you shouldn't be dq'd. However I have been away for a week and so do not know the full story.

I will talk with hleung about this. I am sorry this has happened.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
sebnan12 wrote:i dont blame u nor jake nor anyone else of the tourney staff.. but that decision is so poor.. and saying my opponent came online quite a bit is just wrong he was online maybe once (maybe!) per week.. i was roughly online every evening i told him to come when he has time and catch up and sent him messages over messages im willing to ss them.. i dont want ur decidion to be changed and i accept it.. but its a wrong decision which i want to point out... i cant change it anyways but dont twist it as if its not a wrong decision..

The truth is the organisation of this tournament is scrappy at best. We have been making large strides toward implementing a better system. There are some situations as a result of this that cannot be avoided. If we have some situations like these that can be solved quite easily with communication, but somehow it just doesn't happen.

In the new system everything will all be in once place and only reliable players will be accepted into tournaments. I know that it is unfair to dq you right now, and I apologize. I will look into this further as I have been away for a week, if it turns out both of you have been online and have been in similar circumstances (I'm sure both of you pm'd me at some point!) then the choice to dq will be fair. It would not be ethical to choose over the other so we would have to dq both.

Because if you won you would have played bwinner, and bwinner is advancing to RO8 early anyway, we can get you to play him if we feel like you shouldn't be dq'd. However I have been away for a week and so do not know the full story.

I will talk with hleung about this. I am sorry this has happened.

lol no pls its all fine.. and really i love u guys keep up the work and organize the tourney im by no means mad or anything else.. u can talk to hleung if u want but dont change any decision u made.. all i really wanted to say is i made way more effort than my opponent thats it ^^.. i wish u guys more active players in the next round though..i really like these small tournaments being hosted and i wished esoc would support them a bit more

NEED MORE XP
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

I dont know if you want to cast these games but bobabu and myself will play today at 19 GMT
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

aligator92 wrote:I dont know if you want to cast these games but bobabu and myself will play today at 19 GMT

Thanks for letting me know. We will try our best to arrange casters for the match. :smile:
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:looking forward to seeing you in the finals @evilcheadar

Then you will be disapointed :devil:
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

@bobabu @aligator92 I have already arranged the casters for the match - @Googol and @tedere12 will be casting. Please show up on time. Thanks.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

aight alquebus any evening just write here tag me i come.. let a staff memebrr know though

NEED MORE XP
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

sebnan12 wrote:aight alquebus any evening just write here tag me i come.. let a staff memebrr know though

Next time for the sake of the convenience of the others, please tag your opponent so that the player gets notified.

@AlQuebus
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

aight

NEED MORE XP