TOTW #19: Try timing "lifesaving" unit shipments such that they arrive with minutemen/trained units--not doing so is bad

United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

TOTW #19: Try timing "lifesaving" unit shipments such that they arrive with minutemen/trained units--not doing so is bad

Post by evilcheadar »

This tip is helpful when your town center is under siege and you need something to push the enemy out of your base in order to have a chance at winning. The tip states that you should try to have different units shipments/trainings arrive at basically the same time such that they can fight all at once and have a good chance at overwhelming the enemy. Your units will simply have more of a chance to get shots/melee off since there will be more targets at once for your enemy to deal with. It's important to note with minutemen pops that they should be shooting most times instead of meleeing as their ranged attack is quite strong. They do not get a bonus vs cav I believe like colonial militia do. If you don't do this tip, it can be bad in that things arriving one at a time can easily be focused and killed and you lack the ability to overwhelm.
Obviously, there can be situations where you don't want to do this, particularly if you believe even more strong enemy reinforcements will come and pile on, and you think the shipment you have coming soonest can deal with it.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Re: TOTW #19: Try timing "lifesaving" unit shipments such that they arrive with minutemen/trained units--not doing so is

Post by sdsanft »

Reminds me of Aizamk Spain vs Iro (umeu?)

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Gendarme

Re: TOTW #19: Try timing "lifesaving" unit shipments such that they arrive with minutemen/trained units--not doing so is

Post by evilcheadar »

sdsanft wrote:Reminds me of Aizamk Spain vs Iro (umeu?)

was that with a church card?

Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

evilcheadar wrote:

was that with a church card?

Yeah. Also the most unfair MU on re except maybe Iro port. Popped halbs, dogs, mm and lancers all at the same time iirc.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Yurashic
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

evilcheadar wrote:They do not get a bonus vs cav I believe like colonial militia do.

What does Colonial Militia have to do with that? :hehe:

[spoiler=classic][video]https://youtu.be/LuMcFUjt6zQ?t=12m[/video][/spoiler]

Also, a useful tip in such situations would be to ransom your explorer if he's already dead to snare your opponent's military units, as a full-HP hero will not likely be taken down so quickly and his snare may significantly delay enemy's retreat. That's something I think some pro players (H2O I recall) were talking about quite recently, you can see that here:

[spoiler=WickedCossack vs H2O][video]https://youtu.be/ecbZHOT2Fhs?t=9m55s[/video][/spoiler]
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Umeu cant play iro..
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

deleted_user wrote:

Umeu cant play iro..

can't play much tbh

No Flag bugattivitesse
Skirmisher

Post by bugattivitesse »

pecelot wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:They do not get a bonus vs cav I believe like colonial militia do.

What does Colonial Militia have to do with that? :hehe:

[spoiler=classic][video]https://youtu.be/LuMcFUjt6zQ?t=12m[/video][/spoiler]

Also, a useful tip in such situations would be to ransom your explorer if he's already dead to snare your opponent's military units, as a full-HP hero will not likely be taken down so quickly and his snare may significantly delay enemy's retreat. That's something I think some pro players (H2O I recall) were talking about quite recently, you can see that here:

[spoiler=WickedCossack vs H2O][video]https://youtu.be/ecbZHOT2Fhs?t=9m55s[/video][/spoiler]

Haha that is a crazy good game with Aizamk vs Yurashic
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Rofl you insult me. I never wouldve lost vs aiz like that.