BlackStar_OP Interview (Spring Champion)

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I went ahead and decided to ask BSOP a couple of questions, he is the current AoE3 champion after all. Enjoy~

So tell us, who are you, in real life? Tell us a bit about yourself, what you do for studies, or for a living? Do you have a pet?

I am a student, studying electrical engineering at a high level university of my country.

Sounds good. You're probably younger than most people in the community, all the more impressive.

How do you feel about winning ASC I? Did you expect to do so well?

Honestly i didnt expect to win the tourney i knew my opponent is one of the best players of this game and i knew that it was going to be a close series but im glad i won it.

It was truly an upset' congratulations again on winning. It looks like you felt you could take on _H20, have you often played him before?

I havent played him till this year march .We did play many games then.

What kind of preparation did you go through to do so well? Just practice?

I played only weekends because during the week im not even home usually like 4,5 hours on saturday and sunday.I practiced specific mu's with my veni.

It's actually pretty cool that you can do so well with so little practice time. Do you think ladder is good practice, or was it the custom games with veni that helped seal the deal? Perhaps both?

Im not a fan of playing the rated games since usually there are crap maps random unfair mu's.I just played a lot with veni and practiced the specific mu's which i was going to play against ryan.

What was your mental state going into the last game?

I was very relaxed im not the type of guy who is very stressed in computer games even though it was the hardest series.I tried to be as calm as possible and correct my mistakes after losing a game.

It's quite impressive to be able to calm and collect yourself in such a manner. Looks like you do well in tournament play. Have you had any experience in tournaments before in AoE3 or other games?

I've played in counter strike professional league back in 2008-2009.Had one of the best clans and was good at the game.

That's pretty damn cool.. there's definitely some professional experience then.

Besides _H20, were there any other players who you were afraid of in this tournament?

I was a bit afraid of goongoon and the games against nagayumi.

Nagayumi's name is pretty big in AoE3, that's for sure. I'm a bit surprised at goongoon though. Is goongoon a really good player to look out for in your opinion?

Yep nagayumi is very good player,he was always top in jp community. Goongoon is also a good player i was afraid that ill lose to him cause he practiced the mus i know best with garja so i thought im gonna lose a few games but turned out well for me:D!

Do you think you can take AoE3 Summer Championships as well?

Not sure i will be able to play it but if i will ill do my best and try to reach top 4 again .

Can you give a quick shout-out to other ??dangerous? players who are showing good form at the moment? What about interesting players?

I think samwise is starting to get back in shape and im looking forward to see him playing next tourney,also veni is looking interesting he just needs to work on his lame civs a bit !

Samwise coming back is pretty big I guess, but let's not talk too much about that, his ego? is already a bit difficult to deal with as is. You seem rate veni highly and it's true that he went very deep into the tournament. What lame civs would you recommend he (or anyone else) work on?

I think sam is a pretty cool guy he doesnt talk that much .Veni is a good player he is more into teamgames than 1v1 but i guess if he just plays more of sioux and japan he will do fine.

What are your thoughts on the current meta-game?

-

Fair enough, I can't disagree with that.

I??m not sure if I??m allowed to ask this question, but here goes. Are there any civilizations you currently feel comfortable or uncomfortable against? Feel free to go into details!

Lets say i prefer to always see my opponents civ before clicking into a game.I dont like to play unfair mu's even though i might win them.Im comfortable to play with japan against any civ exept otto.

So you avoid quick-search then? What are some match ups you think are unfair?

Generally i avoid quick search yes, for 2 reasons. The first one is because u can get like 60% of the time a bad map which doesn't give u starting hunts or even a gold mine and the second one would be the players and civs u play against.There are players with an annoying play-style which i try to avoid usually not that i cant beat it but its boring for me. I guess playing as japan against otto or iro is pretty unfair for me id say.

What civilization do you personally feel good playing with?

I like playing japan and germans these are two of my main civs

Tell us a bit about your clan. Who are HP-33?

Long ago i was playing many teamgames with veni,he was a very nice guy and helped me improve so fast in such a short time im very thankful for that.We thought about making our own clan with the hope that one day we will be number 1 in rating. And here we are! We succeeded in just one year to be place 1 and stay there always.

That's pretty cool, gotta admit.

You have been unjustly criticized by many forum keyboard warriors about your lack of punctuation. Do you have anything you??d like to stell them? Don??t be shy!

I got too much stuff going on generally i dont have that much free time because of my studies and the fact that im away during the week.

Hopefully that will quiet down those trolls.

Do you have any thoughts about where AoE3 as a game is going?

I think with this new website its going into a popular game i like what the mods have done so far and i hope to see more people compete in tourney i also wanna see people that watch streams play.

Very good thoughts indeed.

Enough of that' do you like coffee?

I like coffee but i dont drink it usually only when rough nights or gotta study and stay up.

I'm not sure why I asked, but good answer. :D
Thank you for the interview, best of luck in future games.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

awesome interview :D please interview more high level players... wanna see interview with aiz,snowww,garja, mitoe, boneng and nagayumi :D
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Yep, it's in the works
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Thanks! Nice interview.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

"Can you give a quick shout-out to other ??dangerous? players who are showing good form at the moment? What about interesting players?"

I think samwise is starting to get back in shape and im looking forward to see him playing next tourney,also veni is looking interesting he just needs to work on his lame civs a bit ! And djigit, he is the next king of aoe3 !
I couldn't agree more :clint:
[hr]Great initiative Incog !
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

shaolinstar wrote:"Can you give a quick shout-out to other ??dangerous? players who are showing good form at the moment? What about interesting players?"

I think samwise is starting to get back in shape and im looking forward to see him playing next tourney,also veni is looking interesting he just needs to work on his lame civs a bit ! And djigit, he is the next king of aoe3 !
I couldn''t agree more :clint:
[hr]Great initiative Incog !
i was the one to propose this :P heeheehee http://eso-community.net/thread/631/interviews-pros
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Great!
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Great initiative mnogud !
Netherlands Qulala
Crossbow

Post by Qulala »

nice to read the interview More please :D
No Flag blackbob68
Skirmisher

Post by blackbob68 »

Very nice interview indeed! :) Should have asked if he stole a bike once :P
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I'm kind of curious about the cs team thing

btw you should also ask questions to bsop directly if you have any

i'm sure he'll reply, eventualy
Garja wrote:
Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer
ESO: ramex19

Post by Veni_Vidi_Vici_W »

Nice interview, and even i learned a thing about my Blackstar ')

Thanks for the kind words!
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

nice to see someone who seems grateful and doesn't forget who helped him, not very common in this game
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

venividivici wrote:Nice interview, and even i learned a thing about my Blackstar ')
veni i suggest you change your avatar :p
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

Title should be BlackStar OP_Interview. Very nice interview. Should do more :)