DotW: If you could change one thing

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: DotW: If you could change one thing

Post by momuuu »

Also because the idea was to not alienate too much from the re community. A total remake of aoe3 would be interesting tbh, but nobody is going to agree on anything I fear.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

why would you remake this game? seems like its about as good as it needs to be, it could use an expansion though. is there anything you would do different? AOE1 and 2 need remakes so the graphics and new game features can be implemented.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I'm afraid the only thing needed reworked in aoe 3 is the immensely broken FFA game mode.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

whats wrong with FFA?

the only problems I see are people drawing out matches by running and rebuilding too much but a trade monopoly can save that. (like 1 vill hiding behind a wall but it doesn't show an outline)

and some maps have terrible spawns

and france should not be played. Russia borderline too OP for ffa
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

and Japan, and China...

milku3459 wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Pretty sure all this is bullshit and it's the same for all explos

but Mankl himself said Sioux has faster turnrate.
https://youtu.be/uJqzuxoAhyQ?list=PLSpT ... VP58&t=160

He doesn't have to be always right, though. I'm pretty sure that's not the case, it just feels like it as the Sioux War Chief is bigger and if he turns around in the same amount of time as an infantry explorer, it looks as if he did that faster. Also, they may have just exaggerated it in the video, as it was Ryan the Sitting Bull commentating, Inter the Hype Master alongside with him and Acer the Not-So-Good PC as his opponent. :hmm;
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I guess if I had to choose one thing it'd be to bring depth to lategame and actually make lategame stages more viable in 1v1. But that'd probably require a pretty large rework of many aspects, for example mills and plantations.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:whats wrong with FFA?

the only problems I see are people drawing out matches by running and rebuilding too much but a trade monopoly can save that. (like 1 vill hiding behind a wall but it doesn't show an outline)

Every time I play I get double or even triple teamed just due to my rank. Microsoft or ESOC needs to do something about this.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

It must be a conspiracy against you!
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

deleted_user wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:whats wrong with FFA?

Every time I play I get double or even triple teamed just due to my rank. Microsoft or ESOC needs to do something about this.

yeah every noob wants a shot at high rank players without the risk of losing the rank, then feel like its duty to team up vs the evil person good at the game. its one of the reasons I don't play ranked games and keep it at a MS. just good enough to draw in better players but not OP where people think they have to rush me every time. But there are those that know me and do just that.

I think of it as a compliment though. If it takes 2-3 pl to kill me i have already won, and tested my skills to the max. because many times I do win. personally though I like it for a 1v1 then going through the gauntlet of 1v1's until there are no more.

theres not really a way you can fix that, on small maps you can be aggressive and take the noobest out first or on large maps you can run and rebuild behind the noobs base kill him, and take his territory.
No Flag abbadan
Skirmisher

Post by abbadan »

A SIMPLE, FAIR JAPAN NERF: daimyos, cannot move if they are a spawn point for shipments. Meaning a daimyo that has moved since the shipment has been sent cannot be the spawn point for that shipment. this would take away at least one of Japan's many OP advantages, that of being able to gallop into a base and suddenly deposit 4 flaming arrows or 20+ sochi, etc.
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

What I would like to change in Aoe3...
One was mentioned. Resource gathering like AoE2, including having resource drop points.

Aging up should give all the unit upgrades - vet, guard etc by default. Not the ones from asenal or church.
Allows for more frequent late age play, and more versatile.
It is usually more fun to play colonial, since you can change army composition any time. But from fortress onwards you select the units and upgrade only them, leaving less room for surprise.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

^ I'm pretty sure you'd see only colonial wars, as aging up would be much less viable.

abbadan wrote:A SIMPLE, FAIR JAPAN NERF: daimyos, cannot move if they are a spawn point for shipments. Meaning a daimyo that has moved since the shipment has been sent cannot be the spawn point for that shipment. this would take away at least one of Japan's many OP advantages, that of being able to gallop into a base and suddenly deposit 4 flaming arrows or 20+ sochi, etc.

You could still move your Daimyo to the spot in which you want to receive a shipment, stop him and set him as the recipient.
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

pecelot wrote:^ I'm pretty sure you'd see only colonial wars, as aging up would be much less viable.

How so, please elaborate.
Considering the age up cost remains same. Atleast upto fortress age.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

One of the main advantages of an age-up are unit upgrades, if you think of some MUs, like the Brit mirror. Spending 2200 resources on it could be a bit risky. Though you have the point, some units get auto-upgraded with the advancement, you get access to more units (cannons) and better shipments, so I guess I was mistaken :chinese:
No Flag abbadan
Skirmisher

Post by abbadan »

pecelot wrote:^ I'm pretty sure you'd see only colonial wars, as aging up would be much less viable.

abbadan wrote:A SIMPLE, FAIR JAPAN NERF: daimyos, cannot move if they are a spawn point for shipments. Meaning a daimyo that has moved since the shipment has been sent cannot be the spawn point for that shipment. this would take away at least one of Japan's many OP advantages, that of being able to gallop into a base and suddenly deposit 4 flaming arrows or 20+ sochi, etc.

You could still move your Daimyo to the spot in which you want to receive a shipment, stop him and set him as the recipient.

Yes, but he'd be forced to be stationary in that location, just as when he's "building" units. He either stays away from the battle to avoid being killed, or he takes the risk, but he can't dive in at the moment before they come out.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

You can time it, though, so that he can stop in the right spot exactly as the shipment arrives.
Germany silas66
Crossbow
ESO: 1000erschnoganos

Post by silas66 »

check ingame ping of other players.
"Stupid is as stupid does" Forrest Gump
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

That's the best you could do? Really??
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

silas66 wrote:check ingame ping of other players.
Are you saying you want dedicated servers? That would be my pick, if its applicable to OP.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

zoom wrote:
Are you saying you want dedicated servers? That would be my pick, if its applicable to OP.

well even with p2p, it would be nice if they gave you a value for the connection rather than a colour. Often both players can be green and there is still several seconds delay.
Germany silas66
Crossbow
ESO: 1000erschnoganos

Post by silas66 »

britishmusketeer wrote:
zoom wrote:

well even with p2p, it would be nice if they gave you a value for the connection rather than a colour. Often both players can be green and there is still several seconds delay.

It's actually not an issue with the servers, more about the unsteady connection of other players. Especially in team games it'd be nice to know who causes the lag.

Yeah the color thing is totally inaccurate. It'd be also nice to know what references eso uses for the color indication and if they adjusted them in the past 10 years.
"Stupid is as stupid does" Forrest Gump