Buildings Mod?

Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Buildings Mod?

Post by yoqpasa »

I open this thread to point out something I would like to be modded (and optionally included in EP?). This is my suggestion:

I've always thought Vanilla developers were kinda lazy: -8 civilizations? Let's design 3 types of buildings, nobody will care- . Or maybe they intended to design 8, started with churches and then the deadline to finish game was dangerously approaching so they decided to stop. It's a shame since every expansion's civ has its own building-style, while vanilla civs don't. Whatever happened, I think someone could design every civilization's buildings being inspired by its church, the only unique buildings.

Western Europe civs: British, French and Dutch. Every building looks like a British one, even the bank!

Southern Euurope civs: Spanish, Portuguese and Ottomans.

Eastern Europe civs: Russians and Germans.Why does stable look ''German'' but rest look ''Russian''?

I know it's a lot of work, but maybe an ESOC genious could achieve this.

Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Dragoon
ESO: Akechi_Mitsuhide

Re: Buildings Mod?

Post by Akechi_Mitsuhide »

I think unique building styles for every civilization would be great! Good idea.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

If you find someone who got textures knowledge (or who wanna learn it) and who want to dedicate that time to improve AOE3 textures it could be really awesome. Right now we don't have the time neither the skills to do it except tilanus probably who is already busy it seems.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Well I think that the architectural themes were intentional, and not just lazy. Spanish and Portugeuse architecture cant be much different, can they? What about Prussian (german) and Russian? Same goes for all of the themes. I just dont think that architecture is really all that different around Europe to warrant this much work, but a very cool idea nonetheless. I think that a unique Capitol would be very cool at the least. Maybe a Reichstag for Germans, the Palace of Westminster for the British etc...
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer

Post by yoqpasa »

Darwin_ wrote:Well I think that the architectural themes were intentional, and not just lazy. Spanish and Portugeuse architecture cant be much different, can they? What about Prussian (german) and Russian? Same goes for all of the themes. I just dont think that architecture is really all that different around Europe to warrant this much work, but a very cool idea nonetheless. I think that a unique Capitol would be very cool at the least. Maybe a Reichstag for Germans, the Palace of Westminster for the British etc...

Thx for your comment. I'm pretty sure Spanish and Portuguese buildings can be different enough (even Spanish architecture differ a lot depending on the territory), see how Portuguese Church has wide windows, for example. That kind of details. The Capitol feature sounds nice, maybe a bit ambitious.

No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Post by Omkar_Satapathy »

I can do the re texturing of buildings. But there are few problems:
1. I don't have much knowledge about European History, which I think you can help me with.
2. AOE3 has a bug called replacetexture bug. This sometimes prevents the buildings from using new textures when there is some building upgrade. This is one of the modding limitations of AOE3. This is why most modders avoid building upgrade for retextured buildings. When this bug happens, you need to save game and then restart the game to get new textures.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Omkar_Satapathy wrote:I can do the re texturing of buildings. But there are few problems:
1. I don't have much knowledge about European History, which I think you can help me with.
2. AOE3 has a bug called replacetexture bug. This sometimes prevents the buildings from using new textures when there is some building upgrade. This is one of the modding limitations of AOE3. This is why most modders avoid building upgrade for retextured buildings. When this bug happens, you need to save game and then restart the game to get new textures.

I can assist you in European history! PM me if you ned help
Earth Alacavez
Crossbow

Post by Alacavez »

Omkar_Satapathy wrote:I can do the re texturing of buildings. But there are few problems:

Hey, if you got good texturing skills I think we could work together for the ESOC patch. PM me if you are intersted ! :flowers:
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Alacavez wrote:Hey, if you got good texturing skills I think we could work together for the ESOC patch. PM me if you are intersted ! :flowers:

milku3459 wrote:I can assist you in European history! PM me if you ned help

Sure, I have sent PM to both of you. :smile:
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

I think this is a wonderful idea. If you look at other games, you see how much skins and textures add to the game.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer

Post by yoqpasa »

I'm glad you guys liked my idea . I took it form AOE2 Steam Workshop, there are many textures there ( Italians, Aragonese, Arabic...) which could inspire you.

No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

If anybodies knows how to get rid of replacetexture bug. Please share. It will be very annoying :? to proceed making new textures with this bug (because half of the times new textures will just don't show up :| )
Unsure :unsure: if I should proceed.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

@tilanus
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Does this texture look good for Germans? :flowers:
If yes, I will proceed.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

it's awesome
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Fine then. Once I finish texturing all Age2 buildings. then I will post more picture.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Some more images. Work in Progress.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

That's all for today. I will work later.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Comments are welcome. :)
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Looking forward to using them!
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

German Age2 Building Set completed. :flowers:
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

That looks really good dude. Love the work put in
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

It looks sick!
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Looking good! Time to get rid of the ugly textures of the Germans and Russians :kinggreen:
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Few Age3 German Builds. Tired. :roll:
It's tough to work alone. It will take a lot of time.