Buildings Mod?

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: Buildings Mod?

Post by pecelot »

It looks great, though I have to agree with one of my preceding speakers — you can't easily distinguish the colours of for example a market, a house, a stable etc. :?
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Post by Omkar_Satapathy »

pecelot wrote:It looks great, though I have to agree with one of my preceding speakers — you can't easily distinguish the colours of for example a market, a house, a stable etc. :?

Do not worry it looks fine ingame. I have not modified player colours from the original British buildings and hence they are still at the same place.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Feast your eyes with new Ottoman Fortress Age Building Textures. ^_^
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Great work Omkar, i hope your replacement textures will be bundled with new ep version.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

kinda reminds me of this:

:kinggreen:
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Ottoman Building Set Complete after a lot of hard work. Will upload images when I get time.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Anybody willing to test this mod?
Also I need help with programming part. It is a repetitious job and needs a lot of time. Plz help
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

@Omkar_Satapathy you can share it here, on forums, to let people test it! :flowers:
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

pecelot wrote:@Omkar_Satapathy you can share it here, on forums, to let people test it! :flowers:

ESOC did not allow me to attach the zip file. So I have uploaded it here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/omkars-mod
Give it a try. It will not overwrite your game. You can easily remove it.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Those look fantastic. That's the one visual facet of AoE3 I've always found lacking. The building models look like relative shit.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

Ottoman roofs look much better on dock than on houses (last picture), smaller tiles are more realistic :)

No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

yoqpasa wrote:Ottoman roofs look much better on dock than on houses (last picture), smaller tiles are more realistic :)

First of all you really got sharp observations.
You are right about the tiles (I support your views) but that's the smallest tile texture I could get from my Jasc Paint Shop Pro. I don't know why the tile textures look smaller for dock. I made every tile of same size. Maybe its a bug with the model. I will see what I can do.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Love it. I installed the demo and I love it. It's great. There are some building sets I like more than others, however (more polish?). I really like the French/British ones.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

I am not sending much pictures now, but don't worry I am still working. Busy in programming. Good news is that half of it is done.
Toughest was the houses. Since total no of house = 8 civs x 3 variants x 3 ages x 2 construction steps. It took about 3/4 hour.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Tomorrow I worked at night from 12:30am to 2am for programming ( rest I was studying till 3:30am) and at last it seems programming is finished. Now we can move to texturing part of Dutch and Portuguese.
Also I got a fix for replace texture bug, only problem is that it may take 5 seconds more on loading screen. But at least it will not bug any more.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Dutch Fortress Age. Do they look nice?
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

[spoiler=quote]
Omkar_Satapathy wrote:Image
Dutch Fortress Age. Do they look nice?
[/spoiler]

They look fantastic, keep up the good work. Will new textures affect overall performance?
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Nice ! You are doing a really good job it seems. I hope this will be on ep soon !
Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Dragoon
ESO: Akechi_Mitsuhide

Post by Akechi_Mitsuhide »

These new textures look really cool and refreshing. I especially like French and Dutch textures. Only thing that could be improvable is that Ottoman houses look a bit too comicy right now maybe.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Atomiswave wrote:They look fantastic, keep up the good work. Will new textures affect overall performance?

This is a graphical mod, so it will not affect gameplay.
Akechi_Mitsuhide wrote:These new textures look really cool and refreshing. I especially like French and Dutch textures. Only thing that could be improvable is that Ottoman houses look a bit too comicy right now maybe.

I will rework Ottoman Age3, to make the roof tiles bit smaller.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Omkar_Satapathy wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:They look fantastic, keep up the good work. Will new textures affect overall performance?

This is a graphical mod, so it will not affect gameplay.
Akechi_Mitsuhide wrote:These new textures look really cool and refreshing. I especially like French and Dutch textures. Only thing that could be improvable is that Ottoman houses look a bit too comicy right now maybe.

I will rework Ottoman Age3, to make the roof tiles bit smaller.

I was referring to game performance. FPS, graphics options, etc.....
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Atomiswave wrote:I was referring to game performance. FPS, graphics options, etc.....

No it will not affect affect graphics requirements. But it may have slightly larger RAM requirements during the loading screen (may take 5 second extra). Actually it needs to import all building models into the game in order to make the replace texture command to work properly or else the game some times refuses to accept new textures (half of the textures may vanish ingame during building upgrade). This is only one solution to the problem. Hope you understand.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Sorry I was unable to resize the tiles. Making them smaller made them over-shiny and they looked bad. I will leave them as it is. It doesn't look that bad ingame.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Omkar_Satapathy wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:I was referring to game performance. FPS, graphics options, etc.....

No it will not affect affect graphics requirements. But it may have slightly larger RAM requirements during the loading screen (may take 5 second extra). Actually it needs to import all building models into the game in order to make the replace texture command to work properly or else the game some times refuses to accept new textures (half of the textures may vanish ingame during building upgrade). This is only one solution to the problem. Hope you understand.

Ok, thnx for clarifying. Do all players in lobby need to have these in order to play together?
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Atomiswave wrote:Ok, thnx for clarifying. Do all players in lobby need to have these in order to play together?

Player with these textures will be able to play with the new textures.