Portugal on Saguenay/HB

United States of America CurassierAndCurassier
Retired Contributor
ESO: Montcalm17

Portugal on Saguenay/HB

Post by CurassierAndCurassier »

Man, I just love using Portugal on Saguenay. So many different options, all of them viable IMO. You can do the expected crazy water boom, or go ATP and take the trade route and seize the middle of the map, or, my personal favorite, a 10/10 with the Hurons and Cree providing you a pretty scary push very early on in the game as long as your opponent starts with ranged infantry.

What other maps/civs combinations do you really like? And how would you guys approach playing against a Portugal player on that map?
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Re: Portugal on Saguenay/HB

Post by milku3459 »

Haha when aizamk did the cree Huron thing he lost super hard.
It was my favourite map to do the Swiss pike FF then ship falcs and pikes to the back of the enemy base, then right click his TC
United States of America CurassierAndCurassier
Retired Contributor
ESO: Montcalm17

Post by CurassierAndCurassier »

That's actually where I got the idea from! He got somewhat unlucky as his opponent (Mitoe? Umeu?) went with Cav first as the Ottomans which was really weird.

Similarly, last time I lost on this map as Ports was when I did the Native rush as Ports against a Spanish player and ran right into Pikes :(
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

I have a friend whose troll strat on this map is the British quintuple boom (water, cree, manor, TP, and livestock -boom) and has a crazy macro-intensive BO. "The two Japanese 1st lieuts I faced resigned while both their armies were in my town, just because I had done blockade and spies :biggrin: " he said
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Yeah, haha, I've actually just done it — Brit VC boom with water and Cree — OP!!
As Ports you can also send the Navigator card in age 1 or if you have enough sheep or a livestock pen from the start — 7 sheep as your first shipment :!: or even ATP into nats