2v2 Invitational Player Update

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: 2v2 Invitational Player Update

Post by deleted_user0 »

Ok I go sleep. I'm happy fucktard goongoon got kicked out cause he would ruin scheduling anyways. Gn
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

I'll put in my useless 2 cents worth, coming from someone who hasn't been around the community for long. The decision to kick breeze appears reasonable upon the basis that he has multiple warnings for past indiscretions and properly deserved longer than a 1 day forum ban. Goongoon is harshly done by and probably should've been informed what was going on, but ultimately has no one to blame but breeze. The decision to bring in Sam and Ryan instead of going through the hassle of finding a replacement teammate for goongoon only 2 weeks out from the tourney is simply much easier and still guarantees a high quality tournament expected from an invitational. Once again unfortunate for goongoon, but running events isn't easy and simple solutions are often the best.

As a side note, it seems in this community there are many long held grudges and biases within a lot of the community on both sides. As a newcomer I'd recommend everyone ask themselves why they are here. If you don't like how things are run, get involved, run a tourney, be responsible for your own actions and some of you might realise that things are very different once you are no longer looking outside in. I understand I might not understand where a lot of the preconceived notions towards people come from but individually if just a few could reach out to those they aren't getting a long with and start with a clean slate, the entire community would be better for it.
ā€œTo love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.ā€
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

Cheers man. Great post.
mad cuz bad
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

somppukunkku wrote:It's like also quite homophobic. If the poll thread would be like "Which one bangs more beautiful pussies" everybody would be proud of these boys. But when it'a about dicks, everybody is loosing their minds.

Do you process thought before you type and post?

IF you want to bring homophobia into this discussion at all then I would suggest that it is actually breeze, the one whose original thread was formed with obvious malicious intent, using sexual preference as an instrument for derogatory remarks that errs on the side of homophobia, not the admins.

I'm continually surprised that there are individuals in this thread that think Breeze is innocent or that the ban is not somehow based in fact and evidence.

Goongoon is a separate issue which near everyone has already voiced their opinions on and we've even received a statement from the admins that this will be rectified if possible. However even this issue is not without plausible reasoning that, simply from a logistical point of view, it would be easier and simpler to bring in an entire new team that meets the high skill threshold, is ready to play, and solidifies the bracket two weeks before the event begins, which in tournament time, is nothing.

I think both sides recognize a mistake was made, and I think both sides can work on solving said mistake. But that does not detract from Breeze's ultimately foolish behavior and the fact that such behavior has consequences whether he likes it or not. It's not as if he hasn't been warned repeatedly before, has it? This time it got him kicked out of something he actually wanted to participate in (a team tourney) so he throws a tantrum.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

wardyb1 wrote:I'll put in my useless 2 cents worth, coming from someone who hasn't been around the community for long. The decision to kick breeze appears reasonable upon the basis that he has multiple warnings for past indiscretions and properly deserved longer than a 1 day forum ban. Goongoon is harshly done by and probably should've been informed what was going on, but ultimately has no one to blame but breeze. The decision to bring in Sam and Ryan instead of going through the hassle of finding a replacement teammate for goongoon only 2 weeks out from the tourney is simply much easier and still guarantees a high quality tournament expected from an invitational. Once again unfortunate for goongoon, but running events isn't easy and simple solutions are often the best.
Um saying that goongoon "got screwed by breeze" or "has no one to blame but breeze" is ridiculous and just flat out wrong. Breeze didn't kick him out of the tourney for no reason. While Breeze is in a small way indirectly responsible, the onus of responsibility is on the people who did the kicking. It was completely unfair and unjustified. Only 2 weeks out from the tourney lol? There are tons of pr30+ players and I promise you if he cared to he could have found a mate in a day or two. And honestly he shouldn't have even needed to find a new mate lol. It was incredibly petty to disqualify Breeze in the first place. "He called us naughty naughty words so we're gonna get back at him". It's very childish and Donald Trumpeque. I can find examples from most other players in the tournament saying things that are much ruder and with much more regularity. But yea lets kick him for doing something completely unrelated to the tournament that like 10 people saw before it got deleted. Although it is nice to see the esoc goons have a skapegoat and that it isnt diarouga. This is already a small community and you've just isolated 2 more top players. Congrats. #obamaout
Austria Permanschlager
Musketeer
ESO: Permanschlager

Post by Permanschlager »

zoom wrote:
Permanschlager wrote:So breeze and goongoon was just in to hold spot or?^^
Yes ā€“ and you're next. You'd better make sure to "suck ESOC" enough, as they sai.

Lol zoom... I am next? wow

I just still dont get it why u guys act like that... And so i asked something an got my own opinion about that.. Thats not ok?
I guess it is...

I dont know why you attacking me like this, that maybe i am next...lol

Thats bad... :/

And ye, this is my opinion
I hope i wont get kicked banned or whatever, just for asking if they were spot holder^^
- I swear to drunk,

I'm not god! -
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

gibson wrote:
wardyb1 wrote:I'll put in my useless 2 cents worth, coming from someone who hasn't been around the community for long. The decision to kick breeze appears reasonable upon the basis that he has multiple warnings for past indiscretions and properly deserved longer than a 1 day forum ban. Goongoon is harshly done by and probably should've been informed what was going on, but ultimately has no one to blame but breeze. The decision to bring in Sam and Ryan instead of going through the hassle of finding a replacement teammate for goongoon only 2 weeks out from the tourney is simply much easier and still guarantees a high quality tournament expected from an invitational. Once again unfortunate for goongoon, but running events isn't easy and simple solutions are often the best.
It was incredibly petty to disqualify Breeze in the first place. "He called us naughty naughty words so we're gonna get back at him". It's very childish and Donald Trumpeque. I can find examples from most other players in the tournament saying things that are much ruder and with much more regularity. But yea lets kick him for doing something completely unrelated to the tournament that like 10 people saw before it got deleted. Although it is nice to see the esoc goons have a skapegoat and that it isnt diarouga. This is already a small community and you've just isolated 2 more top players. Congrats. #obamaout

I really can't believe youre portraying Diarouga as a victim lol. As much as I like him, he is still one of the people who has attacked ESOC in the most chidish ways.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Legoļ»æ
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

"I will never ever join eso-c tourneys anymore in my life" - daniel heim 2017

I also will just boycott every tournament from now on if they keep this unfair desicion againat goongoon - myself

Losing 2 players for the future... and sure it will be more,
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

Honestly this whole drama makes me sad.. I understand him being banned for childish behavior for a post on ESOC and being banned from forums for a day or so.. But removing him completely from a tournament?? HMM there is obviously a second agenda here... *cough* sam..wisee/mankle cough* Although I am happy to see sam return to the game.. Not like this bro.
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

I fucking swear you top players squabble over the tiniest bullshit lmfao

Where is your sense of humility? This is a niche community for an old af game that streams tournaments to literally DOZENS of viewers. I'll say off the bat--I don't even really care that goongoon got shafted. Because he didn't really get shafted out of anything. It's a nice little tournament put on by community members. There are practically no stakes, and as a viewer I couldn't give two shits if I watch Breeze+Goongoon or Mitoe+Garja or any other pairing of good players. Why does being good at the game make all this shit matter so much?

The lack of perspective is just mind boggling to me. There's practically no financial prize worth fighting over, and you can play 2v2 whenever you want. You can stream it yourself, and get those DOZENS of viewers to satisfy your e-penises for a couple hours. Would it be nice if everyone in the community were made perfectly happy by this tournament? Duh. But does it matter to your lives in any significant way if somebody doesn't play? And don't bring up practicing for hours--you're literally playing a video game in a quasi-competitive environment with no competition that ultimately matters in any way, shape, or form.

I know I'm ranting and I'm probably being stupid but I've had a long day and sometimes this community just blows my tiny little mind.
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

AraGun wrote:Honestly this whole drama makes me sad.. I understand him being banned for childish behavior for a post on ESOC and being banned from forums for a day or so.. But removing him completely from a tournament?? HMM there is obviously a second agenda here... *cough* sam..wisee/mankle cough* Although I am happy to see sam return to the game.. Not like this bro.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014U ... PDKIKX0DER
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Goongoon got the short end of the stick, but
as a guy who has experience organising events (google The Great Kick Off) I can feel the pain of the ESOC staff trying to arrange everybody. Events are not America where you can legally say whatever you want: there are some rules to follow and if you can't, you outy. As an invitational, players can be selected and removed at any time, although it is bad etiquette to remove them so far in.
Even so, it isn't a big deal to play in this tournament...I can't believe people don't understand that we play this game for FUN not for money or Twitch peen length.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

lesllamas wrote:I fucking swear you top players squabble over the tiniest bullshit lmfao

Where is your sense of humility? This is a niche community for an old af game that streams tournaments to literally DOZENS of viewers. I'll say off the bat--I don't even really care that goongoon got shafted. Because he didn't really get shafted out of anything. It's a nice little tournament put on by community members. There are practically no stakes, and as a viewer I couldn't give two shits if I watch Breeze+Goongoon or Mitoe+Garja or any other pairing of good players. Why does being good at the game make all this shit matter so much?

The lack of perspective is just mind boggling to me. There's practically no financial prize worth fighting over, and you can play 2v2 whenever you want. You can stream it yourself, and get those DOZENS of viewers to satisfy your e-penises for a couple hours. Would it be nice if everyone in the community were made perfectly happy by this tournament? Duh. But does it matter to your lives in any significant way if somebody doesn't play? And don't bring up practicing for hours--you're literally playing a video game in a quasi-competitive environment with no competition that ultimately matters in any way, shape, or form.

I know I'm ranting and I'm probably being stupid but I've had a long day and sometimes this community just blows my tiny little mind.

It's a community. Humans naturally form into these communities and these sorts of interactions are only natural in my unqualified opinion. It doesn't matter, no, but maybe it does to the people who spend sometimes hours each day on the esoc project.

If we consider that nigh everything is equally without purpose then perhaps we can consider everything equally important; a matter of perspective.

I agree though, it's all so trivial, but sometimes it simply can't be helped.
No Flag subhanshu
Dragoon

Post by subhanshu »

I dont understand the fact that why cant goongoon be given a week to get a new mate? @N0el
he didnt do anything wrong? and if you are concerned about other team not having enough time to practice! do you remember the strong world tournament?
Me and @naginata were playing a 2v2 vs jerom and Mr Bramboy and we were tied at 1-1 , and then bram said he had to go and _h2o replaced him even though he wasnt mentioned anywhere in the team brackets! then none of you questioned about practising? we had like 2 mins to think, compare 2 mins to a whole week!
i know that was just a low level match or something, but it was still a tournament match?
i do agree with the fact that we all would love to see _h2o and samwise play, but we would have to agree that this might not be the best way!
why werent they in the brackets in the first place when ro8 was decided? (might be because one of them refused or something) Goongoon definately deserves a chance to find a new Mate! If goongoon cant find a mate, then sure go ahead with the replacement! (i guess thats what replacement means)
No Flag subhanshu
Dragoon

Post by subhanshu »

or because we all want to see _h2o and samwise play! and because goongoon's mate did a mistake, goongoon could be rewarded with a punishment of playing one extra game (because now we have another team to compete)
where goongoon and his new mate plays vs samwise and _h2o, and the winner plays vs uhlan's team!
kicking out goongoon is just so unreasonable and disrespectful for all players!
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

Exactly, this is just pure bs. And you guys straight up disqualify goongoon even before asking him if he could find a new mate or something? This is so disrespectful and doesnt make any sense. Not gonna argue about breez being banned, he was definitely crossing the line, but the way you people handled this overall makes it look like _H20 and Sam wanted to play and so you disqualified whole team, though it might not be the case.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Since everything before THIS post was dumb as fuck, except the newcomer above, who pointed out how spoiled all these fucks around here are, I'll say it again, @goongoon , you can have my team's spot if you find someone other than breeze to play with you.

mod edit plz if im tagging incorrectly plz thx
Sweden cramper
Skirmisher

Post by cramper »

lordraphael wrote:
cramper wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I can see where raphaels pov comes from but I dont agree with it, if the action is bannable it should be treated like that regardless if theres a replacement or not, nor if ur p38 or p5. That said this whole situation just looks messy, not really boosting the image of eso. I know breeze behaved badly but would it maybe have been better to pm him a warning saying that if he dont cool down and respect the members here on esoc he and goongoon will be excluded. Not for the sake of breeze but for a all the viewers with anticipations and for goongoons sake that would of been better. Like goongoon pointed out hes done with ESOC now, really looks like that wasnt what you were looking for. Its really no secret that breeze have behaved bad on esoc multiply times but neither is it a secret that breeze have been involved in heated arguments before here with the "top" mods and i think theres a clear dislike on both sides.

I absolutly agree with you on that statement. If I was in charge id manage it like that ( at least try to ). But I can totally understand why we currently have this seeminly erratic and random decision making in that regard.
Admins are afraid to treat good players like the average joe because if they refuse to play everyone gets mad and upset.
For example scheduling for aoe 3 tourney has always been atrocious.
Every tourney ends like 2 months later than planned because players can pretty much do what they want. Theres no one to replace them and everyone would be mad if a pr 40 was banned from a tourney for lazy scheduling, which is a disqualification reason in a well frequented game like say sc2, or lol, or even aoe 2. Not being there on time,not scheduling your game in time, those are all disqualification reasons usually. But if admins enforced this we would be left with close to no players. And had breeze done sth like that on another forum there wouldnt even be an argument about it he would have justg been banned and no one would have complained. Bottom line. Its easy to demand equality in the treatment of the players but quite hard to achieve.

Yea your right about that, its much harder than you might think to achieve equality, just like most stuffs IRL. Theres sense in this way of reasoning aswell its just thats its always open up for discussion about favoritism or impartiality calls from the admin stab because it would appear that every decision potentially comes from an undefined gray zone. But i guess thats how it always is no matter what, going the opposite way with enforcing hard rules and disqualification rules for lazy scheaduling etc doesnt looks like a winner for this game indeed.

Well said overall, its a steady balancing act too empower equal treatments for players i guess :P
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

deleted_user wrote:btw you guys made up a poll which i didn't do. you guys are manipulating it right now.

I'll just leave it here...

deleted_user wrote:joining patch team requires to obey the eso-c rules? in fact it was unfair... i practised for days and now just say "WE GOT ALTERNATIVE WE PUT YOU OUT" it is just not deserved. and it's unfair. and goongoon desicion is a horrible one

Being an ESOC member requires you to obey rules, if that's not clear enough yet.

deleted_user wrote:did i break any tournament rules? i don't say my polls were great it was funny made post everyone knows...

I guess just as funny as you flaming everyone and impersonating site staff?

Ashvin wrote:Image

True, warnings disappear over time, as you proven later with another screenshot.

deleted_user wrote:[Ashvin,] you are a biased pathetic person.

Why do you flame? I think it's really pointless to still ask, but hell, why not...

deleted_user wrote:Majority of the people are disagree with this desicion. You cant run away from the truth

somppukunkku wrote:Every agrees it's unfair and still admins are defending why they kicked Breeze and Goongoon out! That's what I call inner circle my friend!

It's not how things work, the fact that people agree with something doesn't always have to mean it's right.

deleted_user wrote:You guys dont even contact each other while making desicions obvoiusly. And again. There wasnt a reason to kick out goongoon from tourney... only reason was you guys needed spot for sam and h20... if you admit thats the truth i will stop posting ok?

And how do you know, Mr. Omnipotent? The thing is, it's not true.

somppukunkku wrote:Secondly, who cares which kind of polls you make on the forum? If someone's self-esteem is damaged by Breeze's polls it's quite sad. I think unrespectful manner ingame/scheduling should cause bans not random forum polls.

So now all of a sudden we should blame the offended, not the offender? :uglylol:

somppukunkku wrote:I mean the president of USA can say that Person X is disgusting and nobody gives a fuck. Then breeze makes a poll on the ESOC forum and he gets kicked out.

Yeah, perfect analogy :ugly:

Cometk wrote:but also keep in mind goongoon is notorious for how bad his scheduling is. these things are planned out weeks in advance; waiting for a response from an elusive player could put a big halt on the show, which is what we run these things for.

I'm not involved in that event at all, but I think I may suspect it was the case, too ā€” just check out some scheduling threads from the past:
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2120
viewtopic.php?f=201&t=8499
Again, I'll make it clear, as it seems as a totally necessary thing to do (duh!), this is only a suspicion, not any sort of official statement.

gibson wrote:Um saying that goongoon "got screwed by breeze" or "has no one to blame but breeze" is ridiculous and just flat out wrong. Breeze didn't kick him out of the tourney for no reason. While Breeze is in a small way indirectly responsible, the onus of responsibility is on the people who did the kicking. It was completely unfair and unjustified. Only 2 weeks out from the tourney lol? There are tons of pr30+ players and I promise you if he cared to he could have found a mate in a day or two. And honestly he shouldn't have even needed to find a new mate lol. It was incredibly petty to disqualify Breeze in the first place. "He called us naughty naughty words so we're gonna get back at him". It's very childish and Donald Trumpeque. I can find examples from most other players in the tournament saying things that are much ruder and with much more regularity. But yea lets kick him for doing something completely unrelated to the tournament that like 10 people saw before it got deleted. Although it is nice to see the esoc goons have a skapegoat and that it isnt diarouga. This is already a small community and you've just isolated 2 more top players. Congrats. #obamaout

I would assume if it's a team event, you don't sign up individually, but with someone else. Additionally, it's an invitational...

From my point of view it was rather weird. I think we started to get along quite well recently, even diarouga turned out to be a normal guy if he only wanted. I of course made some mistakes in the past, mostly with my bias towards the basement, but ever since I haven't engaged with them as a mod and we talked a bit on discord and it was fine. Right now I have no reason to complain, as their posts have improved in terms of quality and their last event was a major success. That said, suddenly breeze appeared with that poll. We discussed his position a lot internally, he has gathered a lot of warnings and was considering to finally take more serious actions, so in no way was the ban unjustified in the end.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

you still didnt Show a proof about eso-c tournament rules violation?

i called him one biased pathetic how is it a flame? it was just a pathetic behavior..

also even MCJim says the truth here, you could just make the comment that "we dont want breeze we found better team" and all would be ok, look what MCjim says

it means "HEY GUYS WE NEED TO GET SPOT BECAUSE SAMWISE HAS URGE TO JOIN AND WE NEED TO KICK SOMEONE OH LOOK BREEZE MADE A MISTAKE LETS THROW AWAY HIS ALL WORK FOR WEEKS NOBODY WILL CARE ABOUT HIM WE ARE ADMIN WE MAKE WE DONT CONSULT EVEN TO TOURNEY STAFFS AND REPLACE HIM WITH THE GREAT SAMWISE YEAH."
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Jim just worded it poorly because his english is bad. Stop acting like the victim here, your actions brought this upon you. For the record you were removed first, then while looking for a replacement Ryan mentioned that Sam was available. This was no biased decision to get the big names in.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

samwise and h2o were agreed to play, then you guys looked for someone to kick, and then "yeah lets kick out breeze" it's just another way of stealing people's time and employs. and he says we're not aware of the invitational which was incorrect, it's just a undeserved desicion. just admit it.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

No. You were a troublesome member for months and the poll was the last strike. The decision was made but you were kicked several days later. I wasn't responsible for the invites, but I wouldn't have invited you purely based on your behavior. This is an invitational, it is a privilege to play, not a right. You have the right to play in the open tournaments regardless of who you are as a person.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Mankeloid is literally Donald Trump.

Banning muslims out of his place.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

it looks like fasists desicion.

so it means i can invite you but i can kick you if i have better player you don't have right we can dictate and make our desicion. Money is mine, i can do w.e i want you have no rights...

is that what we should get?