2v2 Invitational Player Update

Great Britain CripSAV
Crossbow
ESO: RevolutionX

Re: 2v2 Invitational Player Update

Post by CripSAV »

milku3459 wrote:Goongoon got the short end of the stick, but
as a guy who has experience organising events (google The Great Kick Off) I can feel the pain of the ESOC staff trying to arrange everybody. Events are not America where you can legally say whatever you want: there are some rules to follow and if you can't, you out. As an invitational, players can be selected and removed at any time, although it is bad etiquette to remove them so far in.
Even so, it isn't a big deal to play in this tournament...I can't believe people don't understand that we play this game for FUN not for money or Twitch peen length.

This isn't so people can win for money lol, it is so that they can compete and see where they stand in a tournament full of other great players. It is great Sam and Ryan are back but In my opinion, there are very mixed thoughts on what has happened, and because of this, there should maybe be a poll to allow Goongoon the chance to find another partner, and by doing so opening a new bracket which also allow 2 more. This does nothing but fixes most problems and makes the whole tournament a slight bit more exciting.

What people forget is that we are a community site, it has been built up by some of us, we should be really strong by now as one and making decisions together should be easier than it currently is. It is unfortunate that there are many people who hate, which is understandable but the ones who bring the hate here or start the hate are the ones I am talking about (polls etc). I'm sure Goongoon will be spoken to soon and hopefully he can be added in with another bracket or solved another way.
"Mosks + kavs"
"Skins + gons"
- Kickass, ladies and gentlemen.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

this management is really good at losing players and stealing people's time with fake invitations... but i'm pretty sure in the next tournaments they probably won't even have people that will apply to join their tournaments because they are losing people
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

deleted_user wrote:this management is really good at losing players and stealing people's time with fake invitations... but i'm pretty sure in the next tournaments they probably won't even have people that will apply to join their tournaments because they are losing people

Why are u making polls that only a 5 yo would do though ? Ur not a victim , u behaved poorly therefore u got a penalty from it .
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

deleted_user wrote:it looks like fasists desicion.

so it means i can invite you but i can kick you if i have better player you don't have right we can dictate and make our desicion. Money is mine, i can do w.e i want you have no rights...

is that what we should get?

Well yes that's literally what an invitational is. But it's not what happened here.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

sergyou wrote:
deleted_user wrote:this management is really good at losing players and stealing people's time with fake invitations... but i'm pretty sure in the next tournaments they probably won't even have people that will apply to join their tournaments because they are losing people

Why are u making polls that only a 5 yo would do though ? Ur not a victim , u behaved poorly therefore u got a penalty from it .

i don't say i did perfect behaviour. it was a mistake. but just state facts here that they didn't even warn for that they just kicked out to get mankle in... thats truth you also see it
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Got to agree with Raphael, a lot of top players know they can just walk over ESOC and do whatever they want because they're in high demand for events. Says a lot about the players that do that.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I think goongoon was replaced by ryan and samwise because he's a hard guy to reach and traditionally very slow to schedule or get anything done. He had not communicated about the invitational a single time or joined the discord server set up for it like other players had. I know from first hand that organizing and invitational like this within our community is very stressful and takes a tremendous amount of effort, the last invitational I was arranging things for it for about the entire weekend spending almost no time doing something else. In that light it doesn't seem weird to choose to just replace goongoon (again, showed zero effort so far towards the tournament and is known to be a slow scheduler) with H2O and Samwise (both very responsible in scheduling and generally mature people, and it's not a bad thing that they are too great players). In my eyes the decision was kinda 50/50 but I do think this is ultimately fair. Long term it finally gives off the message that it's ridiculous to attack people that invite you to their tournaments.

On the other hand maybe it'd have been better to not do anything because this community always makes a drama about anything. Usually in day 2 or 3 of the drama the genuine forum members show up and give some comprehensive thought overruling the generally negative feeling created by the angry trolls. That always lifts up my mood a little bit.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

did you ever give him the discord link that you are complaining about? it's a shame really.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Jerom wrote:generally mature people

lol'd
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I didnt do anything honestly because I've been busy, so I have no idea.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Look around and you shall see

On the top.
Useful Links Page.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Thats not the discord I was talking about though.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

ashvin you are not someone relad to the topic, you just have no clue about your talks really.... it was more spesific 2v2 invitational discord. you just are beind directed by someone. be yourself..
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

you just are beind directed by someone. be yourself..

Please don't over attack. I know you are annoyed by me posting after your every post but It doesn't take a genius to understand that you can contact people on public discord as well :flowers:
I know there's a 2v2 discord exist and I have been a part of it, maybe do a little bit of homework with the teacher you are taking lessons from?
Edit: This is the last post of yours I'm replying to for time being, since I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable interacting with you Ciao!
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Ashvin wrote:
you just are beind directed by someone. be yourself..

Please don't over attack. I know you are annoyed by me posting after your every post but It doesn't take a genius to understand that you can contact people on public discord as well :flowers:
I know there's a 2v2 discord exist and I have been a part of it, maybe do a little bit of homework with the teacher you are taking lessons from?

what is attack? i just said be yourself.. i think your english is just a bit bad :/
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

What a piece of shit drama.

There are different norms for what is acceptable online and in real life. The behaviour of Breeze may be accepted by certain online forums, whilst being rejected by some (examplified by him being banned by ESO-C several times for what essentially is the same type of behaviour every time).

Acting surprised when action are being taken against his demeanour is just so ridiculous that I have no words for it.

Now that Soldier even offered Goongoon his spot, given that he acquires a new team mate, I don't see any problems whatsoever.
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Exactly, peace now please? :flowers:
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

yeah.. but unfortunately goongoon might not read this thread..
and since tagging doesnt work. he wouldnt get notification of soldier's offer.
if someone could make sure he learns about it. it would be alright.

Also this thread has outlived its purpose. /////Lock?
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Since everything before THIS post was dumb as fuck, except the newcomer above, who pointed out how spoiled all these fucks around here are, I'll say it again, @goongoon , you can have my team's spot if you find someone other than breeze to play with you.

mod edit plz if im tagging incorrectly plz thx

You're a really good sport... Lots of respect to be had here.

Have goongoon and admins read this? I really think that disputing this in this thread leads to nothing and that trying to talk things over with actual dialogue is the way to go. There's probably a compromise which can be reached at some point here.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Jerom wrote:I think goongoon was replaced by ryan and samwise because he's a hard guy to reach and traditionally very slow to schedule or get anything done. He had not communicated about the invitational a single time or joined the discord server set up for it like other players had. I know from first hand that organizing and invitational like this within our community is very stressful and takes a tremendous amount of effort, the last invitational I was arranging things for it for about the entire weekend spending almost no time doing something else. In that light it doesn't seem weird to choose to just replace goongoon (again, showed zero effort so far towards the tournament and is known to be a slow scheduler) with H2O and Samwise (both very responsible in scheduling and generally mature people, and it's not a bad thing that they are too great players). In my eyes the decision was kinda 50/50 but I do think this is ultimately fair. Long term it finally gives off the message that it's ridiculous to attack people that invite you to their tournaments.

On the other hand maybe it'd have been better to not do anything because this community always makes a drama about anything. Usually in day 2 or 3 of the drama the genuine forum members show up and give some comprehensive thought overruling the generally negative feeling created by the angry trolls. That always lifts up my mood a little bit.

Obviously you should have just given goongoon a 24 hour deadline to get another teammate, and if he didn't respond or didn't find a teammate then you kick him. At least so you can say you gave him a chance.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Legoļ»æ
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Well haven't 24 hours passed?
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Jerom wrote:Well haven't 24 hours passed?

Step 0: Notice poll made by Breeze and decide to kick him
Step 1: Send goongoon a message on every platform explaining the situation and telling him he has 24h to find a teammate
Step 2: Wait 24 hours
Step 3: Announce that Sam and Ryan are replacing them
last time i cryed was because i stood on Legoļ»æ
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I'm shocked this thread still is open ā€“ let alone exists.
No Flag yodareturn
Crossbow
ESO: _Yoda_

Post by yodareturn »

lol @ this admin team. jokers