2v2 Invitational Player Update

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: 2v2 Invitational Player Update

Post by deleted_user »

No proof so it didnt happen then. If you have a claim then you have to proof it. Also btw see this noel himself asks for my last confirmation. You are talking without proof because you dont have one. And you are incorrect. Get facts realImagejpg upload
Germany IamSherlocked
Crossbow

Post by IamSherlocked »

it should be rather obvious by now that breeze, as much as i like him, only wants to get in a flame war with someone else, as he always does. just look at his recent threats and post about umeu and in his twitch chats for reference.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Well he just called them dick suckers, he didn't go as far to wish they die or sth so idk why you guys are so serious about it.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

This isnt really going nowere, maybe privite talk to goongoon and try work this out?

Even tho soldier is beeing nice offering his spot, imo just ask if goongoon wants to play with someone else and if he does, h2o and sam should leave, just to make things as fair as possible.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

tedere12 wrote:Well he just called them dick suckers, he didn't go as far to wish they die or sth so idk why you guys are so serious about it.

This is true, I feel like there is some overreaction here, when people in higher places have said worse.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Its just a made up desicion without asking anyone. So its not tournament staff made aswell. Its just personal made. Look what tourney staff says about this. He doesnt even know because nobody consulted him.. not even a team desicion. just a personal made desicion to replace.

Imageresim yükle
Sweden cramper
Skirmisher

Post by cramper »

Ashvin wrote:
cramper wrote:Im also dissapointed that it does indeed looks like you esoc guys just fuked over breeze because you could.

1. This guy was banned on forums, justifies he was banned from the tourney HOSTED BY ESO-C as well.
2. As raphael already mentioned somewhere there is a very small number of good players so banning someone from tourney can get hard if any good player is not there to take the spot. Here in this case there was, so its changed.

Not to mention im not even sure I agree at all that a bann was the best way to deal with this at this stage were players have invested so much time

He should have thought about before creating that nonsense poll. You might not know it but this guy blew my fuse when I read that thread. Just if in case you don't know (but you should have).

1) Be respectful.
2) Respect site staff and their decisions.
5) Don’t post in a manner that is harmful to ESOC.

Are the rules which he broke when he posted that.

Guess what, I have a bonus edit FOR ALL THE FICKLE MINDED GUYS
This guy is someone who broke these rules before this ban even took place

1) Be respectful. Personal attacks, in the form of excessive use of derogatory terms and curse words directed at others, will not be tolerated. It's fine to have your differences with others and you are able to express those views on ESOC, however, it must not become your sole purpose on ESOC.

2) Respect site staff and their decisions. The management of this site is made possible through the efforts of people freely devoting their time and/or money to its maintenance and moderation. If you have a problem with the moderation of the site, send a message to Administrator/Moderators. You may not, however, publicly complain about or demand reasons for moderation actions. Public discussion of moderation policy must be confined to this thread alone: (none available at this time). Harassment of site staff on the forum or other services will lead to consequences as well.

4) Keep recurring topics in a single thread. Any posts that are intended to be a recurring series need either be infrequent enough to not cause a disturbance to other users, or be contained in a single thread. If you have a series in mind reach out to moderation staff to plan how to post it to the forums.
Cheating Umeu thing.

5) Stay on topic. Any threads that do not belong to the Off Topic board should be kept relatively on topic as to allow new people to join the discussion.
Never was never is.

7) Cheating or hacking accusations are forbidden. This includes any form of accusational thread directed at another in game user (people were trolling you, insulting you etc.) If you were cheated, we are sorry. If you want to take action, familiarise yourself with this thread and please send the evidence in a PM to n0eL or another admin. We will keep this information private and use it to safeguard ESOC products.
Again Umeu.

11) Respect the privacy of others. Do not pressure anyone into revealing private or real-life information, for example: names, addresses, phone numbers, or other such information.Again Umeu

15) Don’t post in a manner that is harmful to ESOC. This includes posts directing users to other, similar services or attacks directed towards the site staff.

I can see where raphaels pov comes from but I dont agree with it, if the action is bannable it should be treated like that regardless if theres a replacement or not, nor if ur p38 or p5. That said this whole situation just looks messy, not really boosting the image of eso. I know breeze behaved badly but would it maybe have been better to pm him a warning saying that if he dont cool down and respect the members here on esoc he and goongoon will be excluded. Not for the sake of breeze but for a all the viewers with anticipations and for goongoons sake that would of been better. Like goongoon pointed out hes done with ESOC now, really looks like that wasnt what you were looking for. Its really no secret that breeze have behaved bad on esoc multiply times but neither is it a secret that breeze have been involved in heated arguments before here with the "top" mods and i think theres a clear dislike on both sides.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Ashvin wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:He shouldn't be kicked out for one dumb poll. Others have committed much worse crimes and not been punished for them.

Please do not include your personal agendas here. One problem is enough.

Edit: Its just not one poll. Maybe do a little research before being Anti-ESOC or Anti-Staff?

I'm only stating facts.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

cramper wrote:I can see where raphaels pov comes from but I dont agree with it, if the action is bannable it should be treated like that regardless if theres a replacement or not, nor if ur p38 or p5.

See it from the staff pov, when you have to deliver quality content and a tournament more than 800 people want to see.

I know breeze behaved badly but would it maybe have been better to pm him a warning saying that if he dont cool down and respect the members here on esoc

There is so much that the normal ESOCers don't know.
i think theres a clear dislike on both sides.

Only difference is that one side behaves maturely enough not to make stupid polls right before any tournament knowing they can be dq'd from.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Ashvin wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:He shouldn't be kicked out for one dumb poll. Others have committed much worse crimes and not been punished for them.

Please do not include your personal agendas here. One problem is enough.

Edit: Its just not one poll. Maybe do a little research before being Anti-ESOC or Anti-Staff?

I'm only stating facts.

Please do not tryna pretend you are doing this for anyone but yourself. If you wanted even a bit to resolve this issue your approach would be different
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Hey Everyone,

While my role in this initially was only to get myself and Sam listed as the alternate team I do think that as a part of ESOC I should say that internally we are talking through this and will make it right. I'll wait for Noel to give a more complete response.

Everyone here is on the same team. We want to have a great tournament that is fun to play and watch. Seems like some mistakes were made with how goongoon was looped in.

More to come.

In the meantime let's try to be kind and figure things out. We Always have worked with players as they are the center piece that keeps aoe alive
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Ashvin wrote:
cramper wrote:I can see where raphaels pov comes from but I dont agree with it, if the action is bannable it should be treated like that regardless if theres a replacement or not, nor if ur p38 or p5.

See it from the staff pov, when you have to deliver quality content and a tournament more than 800 people want to see.

I know breeze behaved badly but would it maybe have been better to pm him a warning saying that if he dont cool down and respect the members here on esoc

There is so much that the normal ESOCers don't know.
i think theres a clear dislike on both sides.

Only difference is that one side behaves maturely enough not to make stupid polls right before any tournament knowing they can be dq'd from.

You guys dont even contact each other while making desicions obvoiusly. And again. There wasnt a reason to kick out goongoon from tourney... only reason was you guys needed spot for sam and h20... if you admit thats the truth i will stop posting ok?
France Steakgrillé
Crossbow
ESO: Steakgrille

Post by Steakgrillé »

Why not a pre-selected match between breeze/goongoon and _h2o/samwise12 ?
I would have let the best team get its place on the ring by playing
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

musketjr wrote:
IamSherlocked wrote:
musketjr wrote:that's nice. what I said is still true

You may want to explain then what's behind the statement "we don't like boneng so fuck him!" or give us a specific example where boneng was treated by a tournament moderator or by a tournament decision unfairly.

when boneng accidentally clicked the 'x' box (not full screen) vs garja, the admin discussion (when I still associated with these lowlifes - not including gs here - in skype) essentially turned on an agreement by h2o and goodspeed that boneng is an asshole, therefore no leeway, and we will support garja.

Regardless of what happened internally, were you really in support of forcing a rematch when the DC happened at 4 mins+ when they were both in age 2 IIRC?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

deleted_user wrote:
Ashvin wrote:
deleted_user wrote:did i break any tournament rules?

This is the only thing you can speak in your defence? I have seen you mentioning that almost 10 times in this thread. Don't know if you are aware but ESOC FORUM RULES APPLY TO ESOC TOURNAMENTS AS WELL. And mind you, it's not the first time you tried to be this dick.

You have been given warning in the past because of your nonsense threads and posts and polls(you are quite known for).
IAmSoldier wrote:breeze is a dumb mf.

Hazza54321 wrote:sure breeze is a retard

Lukas_L99 wrote:Those polls by breeze are retarded as fuck

And the Rule is IF YOU ARE BANNED FROM FORUMS YOU ARE BANNED FROM THE TOURNAMENT AS WELL. This is to bring the human out of people like you. But I know its gonna help, people ain't getting better.
btw send me the link.
I cant see any formal letter that says esoc tourneys applies esoc forums aswell.

you are a biased pathetic person. Majority of the people are disagree with this desicion. You cant run away from the truth

people disagree with the decision to kik both you AND gungun out. Most people have no problem with you being banned from this tourney because you did behave ban worthy.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

You cant let people flame others like that. Even if you have opinion you have to write formal.
Overall i agree with forum ban for those.
If you let people talk like that that, forum would become a madness.

But not sure if he gets a forum ban he should get banned from tournament too.

Maybe it depends on the size of his sins.
Im sure who decided in this disqualification thinks its a good way to teach breeze to stop insulting. But is it a good way?
So the question: Whats the way to teach breeze to stop using obscene words? Ban him from tournament?
Seems they tried warned him a lot and even banned him but he didnt learn from those. Im sure they just want to give him a lesson which i can understand.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Very simple: if Breeze didn't create the poll, he would've never got kicked out. Once Breeze breaks the two way contract, his status is at the mods discretion; they can keep him if they want, its totally fine to kick him too. You can argue about wheather the punishment was too much, but don't pretend like Breeze is the innocent victim.

I do highly disagree with what happened with goongoon tho. I think the first thing that should've been done is to offer goongoon a replacement teammate, or ask him to bring his own. Only if he decided himself to leave, then you should replace him.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

What doesn't seem completely unreasonable was that breeze was disqualified, although it does show the pettiness which I have come to expect from the esoc staff. What is completely unreasonable is that goongoon was. The tourney isn't for several weeks and he could have easily found another partner. The fact that he isn't allowed to participate does feel like a bit of home cooking for Ryan and Sam.....
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Steakgrillé wrote:Why not a pre-selected match between breeze/goongoon and _h2o/samwise12 ?
I would have let the best team get its place on the ring by playing

I'd assume that's not going to happen because breeze was kicked from the tournament due to attacking staff. That's just me guessing.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

cramper wrote:
Ashvin wrote:
cramper wrote:Im also dissapointed that it does indeed looks like you esoc guys just fuked over breeze because you could.

1. This guy was banned on forums, justifies he was banned from the tourney HOSTED BY ESO-C as well.
2. As raphael already mentioned somewhere there is a very small number of good players so banning someone from tourney can get hard if any good player is not there to take the spot. Here in this case there was, so its changed.

Not to mention im not even sure I agree at all that a bann was the best way to deal with this at this stage were players have invested so much time

He should have thought about before creating that nonsense poll. You might not know it but this guy blew my fuse when I read that thread. Just if in case you don't know (but you should have).

1) Be respectful.
2) Respect site staff and their decisions.
5) Don’t post in a manner that is harmful to ESOC.

Are the rules which he broke when he posted that.

Guess what, I have a bonus edit FOR ALL THE FICKLE MINDED GUYS
This guy is someone who broke these rules before this ban even took place

1) Be respectful. Personal attacks, in the form of excessive use of derogatory terms and curse words directed at others, will not be tolerated. It's fine to have your differences with others and you are able to express those views on ESOC, however, it must not become your sole purpose on ESOC.

2) Respect site staff and their decisions. The management of this site is made possible through the efforts of people freely devoting their time and/or money to its maintenance and moderation. If you have a problem with the moderation of the site, send a message to Administrator/Moderators. You may not, however, publicly complain about or demand reasons for moderation actions. Public discussion of moderation policy must be confined to this thread alone: (none available at this time). Harassment of site staff on the forum or other services will lead to consequences as well.

4) Keep recurring topics in a single thread. Any posts that are intended to be a recurring series need either be infrequent enough to not cause a disturbance to other users, or be contained in a single thread. If you have a series in mind reach out to moderation staff to plan how to post it to the forums.
Cheating Umeu thing.

5) Stay on topic. Any threads that do not belong to the Off Topic board should be kept relatively on topic as to allow new people to join the discussion.
Never was never is.

7) Cheating or hacking accusations are forbidden. This includes any form of accusational thread directed at another in game user (people were trolling you, insulting you etc.) If you were cheated, we are sorry. If you want to take action, familiarise yourself with this thread and please send the evidence in a PM to n0eL or another admin. We will keep this information private and use it to safeguard ESOC products.
Again Umeu.

11) Respect the privacy of others. Do not pressure anyone into revealing private or real-life information, for example: names, addresses, phone numbers, or other such information.Again Umeu

15) Don’t post in a manner that is harmful to ESOC. This includes posts directing users to other, similar services or attacks directed towards the site staff.

I can see where raphaels pov comes from but I dont agree with it, if the action is bannable it should be treated like that regardless if theres a replacement or not, nor if ur p38 or p5. That said this whole situation just looks messy, not really boosting the image of eso. I know breeze behaved badly but would it maybe have been better to pm him a warning saying that if he dont cool down and respect the members here on esoc he and goongoon will be excluded. Not for the sake of breeze but for a all the viewers with anticipations and for goongoons sake that would of been better. Like goongoon pointed out hes done with ESOC now, really looks like that wasnt what you were looking for. Its really no secret that breeze have behaved bad on esoc multiply times but neither is it a secret that breeze have been involved in heated arguments before here with the "top" mods and i think theres a clear dislike on both sides.

I absolutly agree with you on that statement. If I was in charge id manage it like that ( at least try to ). But I can totally understand why we currently have this seeminly erratic and random decision making in that regard.
Admins are afraid to treat good players like the average joe because if they refuse to play everyone gets mad and upset.
For example scheduling for aoe 3 tourney has always been atrocious.
Every tourney ends like 2 months later than planned because players can pretty much do what they want. Theres no one to replace them and everyone would be mad if a pr 40 was banned from a tourney for lazy scheduling, which is a disqualification reason in a well frequented game like say sc2, or lol, or even aoe 2. Not being there on time,not scheduling your game in time, those are all disqualification reasons usually. But if admins enforced this we would be left with close to no players. And had breeze done sth like that on another forum there wouldnt even be an argument about it he would have justg been banned and no one would have complained. Bottom line. Its easy to demand equality in the treatment of the players but quite hard to achieve.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

Seems there is no consensus in community regarding need or extent of moderation.
Since some members are probably using this forum as a no risk vent for their life problems. Unless moderation is given importance, it will only become unpleasant to interact here. Except those who abuse to feel better about themselves. Moderators get targeted most often. And if things are not taken serioulsy. The moderators will quit. Why do they need to invest their time for free, only to read abuse about them?

1 day ban is not enough, imo. Some of the immature irresponsible members require longer time-out.

Since this is an invitational its understood that participation is going to be restricted. And cant be demanded.
But still, once the player list has been announced. It seems unfair to, just take back your invitation for tournament.

Ofcourse breeze should be banned. 1-2 months if required, from forums.
Goongoon should have been consulted before. Allowed to choose another team mate, if he wishes so. Even if the resulting team might not have been selected initially in the invitaitonal. To be fair. Since its bad to just remove a team after you display the player list.
Maybe for his sake, could let breeze play with a warning of kick at the drop of a hair. I'm sure the purpose of moderation is not to exclude people but to bring out the best in them.

Those accusing staff. (@breeze). I'm sure you wont understand, what responsibilty means. but i'll try.
The admins are accused often. Though their job is the toughest. There is no way everyone is happy with any one decision. There is always a lot of flame.
Also from what i understand. Noel and others want the best for the community and the tournament. Even if it means tolerating some good players who are not a good person. They shouldnt have to do that.
That pic Buckethead posted actually makes it clear how difficult the decision was. They wanted to ban you for your actions. But just couldnt do it. Because of lack of good players in the small community. Also nobody would have required to fill your empty spot if you would not have given enough cause to be removed in first place. These polls and the other funstuff you think of, are not actually fun for most other people. Its probably not one thing, but a cumulative effect.
Maybe if you man up for your actions. And apologise, it could make the admin's decision easier...
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

drsingh wrote:Seems there is no consensus in community regarding need or extent of moderation.
Since some members are probably using this forum as a no risk vent for their life problems. Unless moderation is given importance, it will only become unpleasant to interact here. Except those who abuse to feel better about themselves. Moderators get targeted most often. And if things are not taken serioulsy. The moderators will quit. Why do they need to invest their time for free, only to read abuse about them?

1 day ban is not enough, imo. Some of the immature irresponsible members require longer time-out.

Since this is an invitational its understood that participation is going to be restricted. And cant be demanded.
But still, once the player list has been announced. It seems unfair to, just take back your invitation for tournament.

Ofcourse breeze should be banned. 1-2 months if required, from forums.
Goongoon should have been consulted before. Allowed to choose another team mate, if he wishes so. Even if the resulting team might not have been selected initially in the invitaitonal. To be fair. Since its bad to just remove a team after you display the player list.
Maybe for his sake, could let breeze play with a warning of kick at the drop of a hair. I'm sure the purpose of moderation is not to exclude people but to bring out the best in them.

Those accusing staff. (@breeze). I'm sure you wont understand, what responsibilty means. but i'll try.
The admins are accused often. Though their job is the toughest. There is no way everyone is happy with any one decision. There is always a lot of flame.
Also from what i understand. Noel and others want the best for the community and the tournament. Even if it means tolerating some good players who are not a good person. They shouldnt have to do that.
That pic Buckethead posted actually makes it clear how difficult the decision was. They wanted to ban you for your actions. But just couldnt do it. Because of lack of good players in the small community. Also nobody would have required to fill your empty spot if you would not have given enough cause to be removed in first place. These polls and the other funstuff you think of, are not actually fun for most other people. Its probably not one thing, but a cumulative effect.
Maybe if you man up for your actions. And apologise, it could make the admin's decision easier...

He did apologize viewtopic.php?p=209192#p209192 but unfortunately I think this is the 2nd or 3rd apology letter from him
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Everyone here is absolutely lovely. Some people's loveliness is a bit more hidden than others. I am glad that everyone is being more respectful than normal here and that issues are being discussed and resolved openly. I appreciate all of you and I hope we can all group hug virtually.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

XeeleeFlower wrote:Everyone here is absolutely lovely. Some people's loveliness is a bit more hidden than others. I am glad that everyone is being more respectful than normal here and that issues are being discussed and resolved openly. I appreciate all of you and I hope we can all group hug virtually.

lol
Edit: sarcasm? or you serious?
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

XeeleeFlower wrote:Everyone here is absolutely lovely. Some people's loveliness is a bit more hidden than others. I am glad that everyone is being more respectful than normal here and that issues are being discussed and resolved openly. I appreciate all of you and I hope we can all group hug virtually.

A very nice post to read amidst this