Apoligizing letter.

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: Apoligizing letter.

Post by zoom »

Jerom wrote:When I see an apology I always wonder, are you sorry for what you did or do you feel sorry for the consequences?

User was warned for this post. --duck
This is against the rules? Looks like the rules or their interpretation needs work, then.

Very interesting.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Erdogan apologizes, hmmmmm, i don't think its honest.....
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

zoom wrote:
Jerom wrote:When I see an apology I always wonder, are you sorry for what you did or do you feel sorry for the consequences?

This is against the rules? Looks like the rules or their interpretation needs work, then.

Very interesting.

Not normally, but in this particular context it was against the rules. In this context Jerom had been instructed to be civil, and his message was determined by me to be not civil. Even then the post would have merited a deletion rather than a warning, but evilcheadar started up a quote train and I decided that it would be better to leave the post up with a warning to avoid a potentially messy set of deletions. If you or anyone has further questions or comments, please send me a PM.

You're correct that the rules need work (though it does not apply here), and fortunately, that is a medium- to long-term project that I'm working on right now! I am concerned, however, about your statement that the interpretation of the rules need work. This is because there's a meaningful distinction between the phrases "the staff's interpretation of the rules needs work" and "the members' interpretation of the rules needs work", but when you just say that the interpretation of the rules needs work, you're not being clear which of the above you mean. If you mean both, then you need to be more specific about that too. If you mean one of them, but intentionally are not specifying which, then you are not giving actionable feedback.

For example, if you say that, intending to say that the staff's interpretation of the rules needs work but not specifying so, then we might interpret that as you saying that the users' interpretation of the rules needs work. We'd put a lot of resources into improving one thing, but it would be a disaster, because we'd both be working on something that doesn't necessarily need work, and not working on something that does.

I know that everyone at ESOC comes from different places around the world and in life, and many people are speaking English as a second, third, or even further-out language, making it difficult to communicate precisely their intent. Please try, however, to write your posts as clearly as possible at all times, especially in the case of providing feedback to the staff. It is difficult to move forward with feedback unless we can easily identify actionable items within it, and when your posts are unclear like before, it can lead to potentially catastrophic consequences.
duck
:mds:
imo
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Atomiswave wrote:Erdogan apologizes, hmmmmm, i don't think its honest.....

racist!
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

tedere12 wrote:

racist!

LOL, racism doesn't have anything to do with it. It was a joke.......
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Vinyanyérë wrote:
zoom wrote:

Very interesting.

Not normally, but in this particular context it was against the rules. In this context Jerom had been instructed to be civil, and his message was determined by me to be not civil. Even then the post would have merited a deletion rather than a warning, but evilcheadar started up a quote train and I decided that it would be better to leave the post up with a warning to avoid a potentially messy set of deletions. If you or anyone has further questions or comments, please send me a PM.

You're correct that the rules need work (though it does not apply here), and fortunately, that is a medium- to long-term project that I'm working on right now! I am concerned, however, about your statement that the interpretation of the rules need work. This is because there's a meaningful distinction between the phrases "the staff's interpretation of the rules needs work" and "the members' interpretation of the rules needs work", but when you just say that the interpretation of the rules needs work, you're not being clear which of the above you mean. If you mean both, then you need to be more specific about that too. If you mean one of them, but intentionally are not specifying which, then you are not giving actionable feedback.

For example, if you say that, intending to say that the staff's interpretation of the rules needs work but not specifying so, then we might interpret that as you saying that the users' interpretation of the rules needs work. We'd put a lot of resources into improving one thing, but it would be a disaster, because we'd both be working on something that doesn't necessarily need work, and not working on something that does.

I know that everyone at ESOC comes from different places around the world and in life, and many people are speaking English as a second, third, or even further-out language, making it difficult to communicate precisely their intent. Please try, however, to write your posts as clearly as possible at all times, especially in the case of providing feedback to the staff. It is difficult to move forward with feedback unless we can easily identify actionable items within it, and when your posts are unclear like before, it can lead to potentially catastrophic consequences.
Go practice instead of being lured by my quacking, you silly duck.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Don't feed trolls.
mad cuz bad
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

I agree. He should be warned for that post.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Atomiswave wrote:
tedere12 wrote:

racist!

Racist jokes have no place in this forum.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

tedere12 wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Your definition of racism is weird.....
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Atomiswave wrote:
tedere12 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

no
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

tedere12 wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:
Show hidden quotes

no

Explain it then, where do you see racism in my remark?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Atomiswave wrote:
tedere12 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

no

Explain it then, where do you see racism in my remark?