Good civ for a new player

India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Re: Good civ for a new player

Post by Ashvin »

P i k i l i c wrote:I'd say Japanese, India and Aztec are the hardest. If you aren't comfortable with defensive play, China too
Ports are challenging and hard to win with but I still think they are less difficult to begin with

I started with Ports as my first civ when i started playing age but on RE it takes too much skill to win the game. They are more than decent on EP though.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Ashvin wrote:
P i k i l i c wrote:I'd say Japanese, India and Aztec are the hardest. If you aren't comfortable with defensive play, China too
Ports are challenging and hard to win with but I still think they are less difficult to begin with

I started with Ports as my first civ when i started playing age but on RE it takes too much skill to win the game. They are more than decent on EP though.
Same here ;) I remember me as a lance corporal making crossbows from 1 rax on 3v3 deccan :smile:
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

I started out with France, it's ez to play
Error 404: Signature not found
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

drsingh wrote:Btw on the reverse side.
Which civ is considered most difficult to play with?
Wondering if anyone stands apart from others..

Imo I think Dutch, lots of small build order variation and only a decent winrate if you read your opponent perfectly. Could also make a case for Japan I think, at high levels, and potentially ports. Goodspeed's case for india is poor since their best BOs are honestly always sepoy rush.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

since their best BOs are honestly always sepoy rush

I think people are not experimenting, India has so many types of cost-effective units people can work out with for semi(slow)ff or (slow) ff.
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

Ashvin wrote:

I think people are not experimenting, India has so many types of cost-effective units people can work out with for semi(slow)ff or (slow) ff.

I agree with both.
On Re maps, the sepoy rush is so effective as compared to any other build(not counting expert lvl play). That it just gets boring very fast.

But on ep+ maps. It is more a hit or miss. Kinda dependent on treasures or crates.

Still India has lot of options open to it. There are many strategies viable in specific situations(at low lvl). Like full howdah, flail rush, Tov rajput, thuggie, stable start, and 5 tiger ff(I still feel its good) etc. When they surprise the opponent.

Going off-topic.
The standard builds(even though effective) used at higher lvls feel monotonous after a while. In a way similar to sepoy rush. I feel the unconventional play even after losing is more fun than winning with repetitive play.
Canada grizzgolf
Crossbow
ESO: grizzgolf

Post by grizzgolf »

What civ out of all of those have a simple build order?
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

grizzgolf wrote:What civ out of all of those have a simple build order?

France has relatively simple build orders
1. 700w,4v,700g for musk huss or semiff with tp boom or something.
2. 4v,700w,700g or 4v,700g,700w for huss or musk semi ff.
3. 700w,600w, 4v/8xbow/3huss for xbow pike rush.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

drsingh wrote:
Ashvin wrote:

I agree with both.
On Re maps, the sepoy rush is so effective as compared to any other build(not counting expert lvl play). That it just gets boring very fast.

But on ep+ maps. It is more a hit or miss. Kinda dependent on treasures or crates.

Still India has lot of options open to it. There are many strategies viable in specific situations(at low lvl). Like full howdah, flail rush, Tov rajput, thuggie, stable start, and 5 tiger ff(I still feel its good) etc. When they surprise the opponent.

Going off-topic.
The standard builds(even though effective) used at higher lvls feel monotonous after a while. In a way similar to sepoy rush. I feel the unconventional play even after losing is more fun than winning with repetitive play.

You just named a bunch of india BOs that are terrible compared to sepoy rush or consulate rush or india eco play.
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

Jerom wrote:You just named a bunch of india BOs that are terrible compared to sepoy rush or consulate rush or india eco play.

I never said they were better.
I did agree with your statement for re patch.
But in ep (12)sepoy rush is rightfully reduced to a cheesy build which only works when not expected.
Consulate rush and India eco(gajra) both require skill to be executed, or get delayed.

India by design has many strategic options open. But were never fully explored due to how insane sepoy rush was.
There is a possibility that instead of having one standard build with minor variations, India needs specific counter builds and a need to scout well. Maybe this high skill cap is the reason for what Goodspeed said.

Though personally I find dutch most difficult among european, aztec in wc and china in asian civs.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

India has so many options, but its very hard o make anything other then a sep rush work, i've played arround with karni up to stable start for a few games, but its just "meh". Feels like on most games you have to 12sep rush, and adapt after that..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

How is 12 sepoy rush a cheesy build? How does consulate rush suddenly require skill? Do you even play the game?
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

china jap iro win all
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

r4go wrote:china jap iro win all

otto beat china
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

I forgot otto qnd sioux right
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

r4go wrote:china jap iro win all
China and jap don't. Iro yea
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Jerom wrote:How is 12 sepoy rush a cheesy build? How does consulate rush suddenly require skill? Do you even play the game?

if you want to do cons rush the correct way it requires pretty good macro. to squeeze that tp there. and still get full sepoy patches.
Also do you even india at good level. no, so don't act like you know the civ that well...
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

princeofkabul wrote:
Jerom wrote:How is 12 sepoy rush a cheesy build? How does consulate rush suddenly require skill? Do you even play the game?

if you want to do cons rush the correct way it requires pretty good macro. to squeeze that tp there. and still get full sepoy patches.
Also do you even india at good level. no, so don't act like you know the civ that well...
all the pros age at 530+ with India man
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

you dissapoint me gibson, all pros do 9/10 with india
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Why are u calling out on him like that? You just prove ur toxicity everywhere u go!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

rsy wrote:

Why are u calling out on him like that? You just prove ur toxicity everywhere u go!

Then explain to me how I have to approach someone that clains 12 sepoy rush is nerfed into the ground on ep? I just hate it when people talk about things as if they are spreading facts when they're not right at all.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

india requires max skill
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

lemmings121 wrote:India has so many options, but its very hard o make anything other then a sep rush work, i've played arround with karni up to stable start for a few games, but its just "meh". Feels like on most games you have to 12sep rush, and adapt after that..

i played u enough times on qs to know u just only sepoy rush ^^
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

Jerom wrote:
rsy wrote:

Then explain to me how I have to approach someone that clains 12 sepoy rush is nerfed into the ground on ep? I just hate it when people talk about things as if they are spreading facts when they're not right at all.
as much as i like everyone who picks on mods which behave bad.. hes probly trying to say that sepoy rush isnt that good on ep cauz u have sheer unlimited herds vs rushes.. but thats not a big deal sepoy can stand under a tc pretty well and the fact that herds often walk away if u arent magically pr 37 up who can shoot them under tc while being hitted, it isnt that big of a deal to have so many hunts.. the only reason sepoy rush would be worse on ep is if their stats been changed.. but i dont think so? therefor i agree with jerom
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

But thats not the way he is supposed to talk to people tbh.