Tell me why Nilla is worse than TAD :D

No Flag r4go
Howdah

Re: Tell me why Nilla is worse than TAD :D

Post by r4go »

_H2O wrote:Yeah I would say that France goes double rax bows wth like 4-10 pokes and cannot lose. Once you have 40 bows the bumping of the cav and the fact that the front ones all die in one volley makes it almost impossible to break without just going pure bow yourself.

The last time I played vanilla was to troll chicks. He would ff as German in the mirror and make pure ulhan. I would make pure skirm and just win with 30-40 skirms left, same scores before fight. Gg so fun.

While mono yumi or mono ashi winning is fun? Or iro rush? Or sioux's br you can't counter easy? Or ulhan owning so hard? Jinette + attack move =win is fun?? :biggrin: :biggrin: or china old han?. India whit all the possible units in age2? :biggrin:
Nilla requires more apm and micro. Skirms xbow can do good vs cav if they hit and run back. Bit if you have a lot of cav u just win. Only in tad 5huss >> 60 strelz/xbow and maybe lb/skirm (70% die for sure).
Tad really sux in term of belanced.
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

Can someome post what hotkeys are on tad that are not on nilla? This can be good i guess
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

r4go wrote:While mono yumi or mono ashi winning is fun? Or iro rush? Or sioux's br you can't counter easy? Or ulhan owning so hard? Jinette + attack move =win is fun?? :biggrin: :biggrin: or china old han?. India whit all the possible units in age2? :biggrin:
Nilla requires more apm and micro. Skirms xbow can do good vs cav if they hit and run back. Bit if you have a lot of cav u just win. Only in tad 5huss >> 60 strelz/xbow and maybe lb/skirm (70% die for sure).

Except that there are lots on euro civs on on the level if not better than the civs you described(minus re iro ofc)
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

r4go wrote:Can someome post what hotkeys are on tad that are not on nilla? This can be good i guess

I think the big deal is that hotkey conflicts are not allowed, i.e musketeers and janissaries cannot have the same hotkey. The big one that I notice a lot is that there is no eject hotkey for buildings other than the town center, so you actually have to click the button on outposts and other buildings.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

_H2O wrote:Yeah I would say that France goes double rax bows wth like 4-10 pokes and cannot lose. Once you have 40 bows the bumping of the cav and the fact that the front ones all die in one volley makes it almost impossible to break without just going pure bow yourself.

The last time I played vanilla was to troll chicks. He would ff as German in the mirror and make pure ulhan. I would make pure skirm and just win with 30-40 skirms left, same scores before fight. Gg so fun.

Thats mostly because Uhlans, Hussars, Cossacks, as well as most other hand cav, only have a 20% range resist, not the 30% they have on TAD. Personally, I think that one change is really all you would have to do balance-wise to make Nilla a great game mode. Maybe reducing xbow attack and giving them a multiplier against HI, but idk. But, I think this really all comes down to preference after all. I personally like vanilla a lot, probably equally to TAD, simply becuase of how much more interesting and intricate I find the matchups. Esspecially with Riki's Vanilla mod, which had a few tiny balance changes and gave you the ability to play on ESOC maps, Vanilla is super fun.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Darwin_ wrote:Thats mostly because Uhlans, Hussars, Cossacks, as well as most other hand cav, only have a 20% range resist, not the 30% they have on TAD

hussars have 20% rr on tad.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Hmm the do

However, I think the increase would still be good for Vanilla balance.
No Flag OrangeRage
Musketeer

Post by OrangeRage »

umeu wrote:When nilla was active, it didnt produce worse players. If there is a skill gap now its cause of there being less players in general. I was playing exclusively vanilla at that time as did many others. But almost all of us switched to tad around pk4. But after that a few good players still came from nilla, most notably irishfaithful

Point being, if ur going to be good at aoe, you will most likely be good on either version. Nilla has fewer good players simply cuz it has fewer players

I think it's safe to say that you and Aizamk are better players on TAD than you were when you both were 100% vanilla.

You and Aizamk were a joke compared to your skills now on TAD. I think the TAD Aiz and Umeu could pwn the Vanilla aiz and umeu right?

Being OP on vanilla is easy because the competition is not there and that's where your confusion lies.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

umeu wrote:When nilla was active, it didnt produce worse players. If there is a skill gap now its cause of there being less players in general. I was playing exclusively vanilla at that time as did many others. But almost all of us switched to tad around pk4. But after that a few good players still came from nilla, most notably irishfaithful

Point being, if ur going to be good at aoe, you will most likely be good on either version. Nilla has fewer good players simply cuz it has fewer players

For the record I wasn't trying to imply that Nilla players are worse, but a captain on TAD is better than a captain on Nilla simply because of rating inflation and stuff like that. :P
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Yeah rating inflation is through the roof. I played a few different people today all in the pr 23-27 range and they all played like a pr 16 on TAD.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

On nilla they just play otto and jan rush.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

Yeah pr inflation is real big on nilla.

@r4go if you cant beat a single batch of cav with 60RI I think your just bad at micro. Don't flame. On TAD the RPS system is actually balanced so that units counter what they're supposed to.

@darnonymousmybelovedottolamer the MU thing might be true if anyone actually played nilla but right now the only meta is to musk rush as fast as possible no matter what civ you play. Now I understand why you like so much XD. Shtay shexy :love:

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Austria Permanschlager
Musketeer
ESO: Permanschlager

Post by Permanschlager »

Nilla is just much more balanced, so sometimes more fun to play there :)
- I swear to drunk,

I'm not god! -
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

r4go wrote:

While mono yumi or mono ashi winning is fun? Or iro rush? Or sioux's br you can't counter easy? Or ulhan owning so hard? Jinette + attack move =win is fun?? :biggrin: :biggrin: or china old han?. India whit all the possible units in age2? :biggrin:

No, you cant even snare RI with the 5 hus, which is very very unfair
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Well after the games we played yesterday I think we proved that you can, though the cav died more quickly than they would have on TAD.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

The gaming experience is very poor, same as in AoC, thank God you can at least shift-click commands :hehe: Although the layout, UI, graphics are vastly superior to the TAD ones, gotta love the origins!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

OrangeRage wrote:

I think it's safe to say that you and Aizamk are better players on TAD than you were when you both were 100% vanilla.

You and Aizamk were a joke compared to your skills now on TAD. I think the TAD Aiz and Umeu could pwn the Vanilla aiz and umeu right?

Being OP on vanilla is easy because the competition is not there and that's where your confusion lies.

Tad me would beat nilla me on tad, but I'm not sure on nilla. I'm better now only cause I know more about the game, but not because I play better mechanically. In fact im 100% sure i don't, and i never will be able again to play as fast as i did when on nilla. I used to Almost never lose a Cannon fight for example. Now I can't even beat cannons with culvs lol. Also I had little trouble beating tad guys who came to nilla back then. But as I said, it's probably different now. And I don't deny that playing tad can help you get better not only cause more players is more competition but also playing against the aggressive twc and more defensive tad civs teaches you many tricks

I'm not denying that ATM the competition is harder on that, cuz it simply is. But merely saying that nilla isn't a much worse environment to get good at the game in, atleast back in the time when there was more competition. And while nilla players going to tad might lack mu knowledge, tad players going to nilla will really miss all the extras tad offers in terms of hot keys and other automated stuff.
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

There was a time where umeu was asshole and better whit skills. Now maybe he knows the game better, he is asshole, but his skills<<<<. Umeu was a good and interesting player. He used also another account AD10 if i'm not wrong
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

In the past pro used to play both Nilla and tad. There wasn't anymore skills difference. Just some players Who abus of Asyan civ when they went to Nilla they wasn't able to get same level in Nilla as they had in tad. Personally the difference about skills i felt was in team game. Not in 2-2 but in 3-3. 3-3 in tad had always the face of a tr10-15. I remeber a voice telling best team games was in Nilla. Personally when i joined in tad (when It was launched online) i play it a bit and teams where a Little bit Easy compared to tad.
No Flag OrangeRage
Musketeer

Post by OrangeRage »

To say that vanilla was just as good at one time is sort of misleading @deleted_user just because of the PK's vanilla tournament that happened for one time. People had to prepare on vanilla and play games there to compete in that environment but that's the only time in years that vanilla was taken seriously for a short period of time.

Consequently, that was my favorite tournament because of NP's awesome British play even though LordRaph otto lamed him lol
No Flag Pavlicek
Crossbow
ESO: Pavlicek

Post by Pavlicek »

Still bad that community is splitted in 2 Groups. Vanilla, TWC and TAD should be all in one game/browser.
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

r4go wrote:

There are no Match ups you can win by going 1 unit only (ashi or yumi). You overestimate too much japan
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Why ever play with only 57% of the civs chosen from between the most homogenous ones, less unit classes, less diverse mechanics, lack of most of the awesome high-level cards, less maps (biggest continent on Earth missing + more), worse UI, poor's man version of the scenario editor, 37,5% of the campaign and butchered content in general?
<this is how it looks from the perspective of the final version of this game>
No Flag OrangeRage
Musketeer

Post by OrangeRage »

Imperial Noob wrote:Why ever play with only 57% of the civs chosen from between the most homogenous ones, less unit classes, less diverse mechanics, lack of most of the awesome high-level cards, less maps (biggest continent on Earth missing + more), worse UI, poor's man version of the scenario editor, 37,5% of the campaign and butchered content in general?
<this is how it looks from the perspective of the final version of this game>

It would be fun to use Sioux/Iroq more often but they were considered lame while Aztecs are considered very unique which makes it annoying to get used to.