How much are crates actually?

United States of America cedarfarms
Dragoon
ESO: Cedar_farms_

How much are crates actually?

Post by cedarfarms »

I always wondered this but never really had the drive to figure it out so im asking if anyone knows the answer. The question is how much resources do crate shipments actually provide if you subtract the villager seconds worth of gather time that was used to collect the crates instead of continuing to hunt mine or chop. Just for simplicity, ill use 1000 food shipment, if you subtract how much food the villager would have gathered from the hunt while gathering the crates, how much food did you actually receive from the shipment?
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Re: How much are crates actually?

Post by Mitoe »

Crates gather at rate of 8 resources a second, so a 1000 resource crate takes 125 seconds or so to gather with 1 villager, if we ignore the walking time between resources and the crates.

Assuming you have steel traps (1.079 food a second), a villager would gather ~135 food in the time it takes to gather 1000f.
With placer mines (0.66 coin a second), a villager would gather 82.5 coin in the time it takes to gather 1000c.
With gang saw (0.55 wood a second), a villager would gather 68.75 wood in the time it takes to gather 1000w.

Another way to think about so that you can easily apply this to all crate shipments:

~86.5% of food crates are raw resources, the other 13.5% is wasted villager seconds.
~92% of coin crates are raw resources, the other 8% is wasted villager seconds.
~93% of wood crates are raw resources, the other 7% are wasted villager seconds.

If my math is wrong someone else may correct me.

Of course, these numbers aren't exact and will vary a tiny bit depending on which upgrades you have and how much your villagers have to walk, but for the most part this should give you a good idea.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Afaik, with german you can mitigate this a little bit using sw, since sw gather crates at 20/s. A decent boost in efficiency compated to vills :)
Austria Permanschlager
Musketeer
ESO: Permanschlager

Post by Permanschlager »

Mitoe wrote:Crates gather at rate of 8 resources a second, so a 1000 resource crate takes 125 seconds or so to gather with 1 villager, if we ignore the walking time between resources and the crates.

Assuming you have steel traps (1.079 food a second), a villager would gather ~135 food in the time it takes to gather 1000f.
With placer mines (0.66 coin a second), a villager would gather 82.5 coin in the time it takes to gather 1000c.
With gang saw (0.55 wood a second), a villager would gather 68.75 wood in the time it takes to gather 1000w.

Another way to think about so that you can easily apply this to all crate shipments:

~86.5% of food crates are raw resources, the other 13.5% is wasted villager seconds.
~92% of coin crates are raw resources, the other 8% is wasted villager seconds.
~93% of wood crates are raw resources, the other 7% are wasted villager seconds.

If my math is wrong someone else may correct me.

Of course, these numbers aren't exact and will vary a tiny bit depending on which upgrades you have and how much your villagers have to walk, but for the most part this should give you a good idea.

Nice knowledge...seems u alrdy playing this game since 1 or 2 weeks?! ;)
- I swear to drunk,

I'm not god! -
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

lemmings121 wrote:Afaik, with german you can mitigate this a little bit using sw, since sw gather crates at 20/s. A decent boost in efficiency compated to vills :)

Shouldn't you gather crates with normal vills?
I only remember the game H20_ played on nilla vs chicks where he said something like that.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

According to this:
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/for ... 32509,0,10
SW gather from crates 1.875 times as fast as regular settlers (15.0/s vs 8.0/s), whereas in other areas they're twice as good, therefore you waste twice as much time for gathering only 1.875 times faster, which is not efficient and you should collect crates with normal villagers.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

On TAD you should use SW though to gather ...
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

pecelot wrote:According to this:
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/for ... 32509,0,10
SW gather from crates 1.875 times as fast as regular settlers (15.0/s vs 8.0/s), whereas in other areas they're twice as good, therefore you waste twice as much time for gathering only 1.875 times faster, which is not efficient and you should collect crates with normal villagers.

ye you found the nilla stats ....... :flowers:

edit: or not. i guess one should look at the links before posting replys :chinese:
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Has it changed then?
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

But is it really 8/s or 15/s if they come in chunks of 20 and 50
ehm
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

IAmSoldieR wrote:But is it really 8/s or 15/s if they come in chunks of 25 and 50

20 and 50. 25 is curoeur. SOldier for how long have you been playing this game ?
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

im half right

but did you know SW used to be 20?
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Vanilla I think they tick 30 on sw which means it takes 4 ticks for 100 crate. Which means they only gather 1.25x a vil instead of 2x a vil.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

SW gather crates 2.5 times faster than vills. They collect 50 in the same time one vill collects 20. Always use SW
Try to put only one SW on 100 res crates or you might lose time because they start at different times and gather the 2nd 50 at the same time. And 3 on 100 res is obviously a waste.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

_H2O wrote:Vanilla I think they tick 30 on sw which means it takes 4 ticks for 100 crate. Which means they only gather 1.25x a vil instead of 2x a vil.

37*

(I think)
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

Wait is a tick a second?
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

site wrote:Wait is a tick a second?

No a tick is much smaller than a second ... in fact there are 10,000 ticks in a millisecond.

Though by "tick" they just mean each time something happens, so a tick is the either the exact instant a villager picks up the crates (or xp comes in, or anything else) or it can refer to the time period between each. It's not particularly well defined by the English language the way it's being used here ...
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

WickedCossack wrote:
site wrote:Wait is a tick a second?

No a tick is much smaller than a second ... in fact there are 10,000 ticks in a millisecond.

Though by "tick" they just mean each time something happens, so a tick is the either the exact instant a villager picks up the crates (or xp comes in, or anything else) or it can refer to the time period between each. It's not particularly well defined by the English language the way it's being used here ...

I think the way it's used here is the least amount of resources that is gathered from a crate (since you dont get resources discretely from crates but in chunks as someone mentioned above)
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

Ok so someone found a definitive anwer for current tad?

Sw is more or less the 2vills? :P
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

All you need to know is that a SW gathers crates 25% faster than 2 vills on TAD, and very slightly slower than 2 vills on Nilla.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Since no one mentioned it, you should also consider the extra bonus that something like a 1000 coin shipment delays having to secure another mine for the much longer. So in terms of pure gather time, you don't profit by 1000 resources, but if you're natural resource constrained anyway then it might be essentially worth the entire 1000 anyway.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

Mitoe wrote:All you need to know is that a SW gathers crates 25% faster than 2 vills on TAD, and very slightly slower than 2 vills on Nilla.

Ok then my op was actually right after all lol
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Mitoe wrote:All you need to know is that a SW gathers crates 25% faster than 2 vills on TAD, and very slightly slower than 2 vills on Nilla.

It's actually a good amount slower if you spread the villagers optimally.