What have you seen, hilarious or genius, in the game?

No Flag Kommander
Musketeer

What have you seen, hilarious or genius, in the game?

Post by Kommander »

Here's a few stories i'd like to share, to start off.

--In a 8-player FFA a guy was making a ton of Aztec walls. The guy built around 40, and each of them had 30k hp. Whenever his opponent tired out he would just rebuild. The aggressor had to have another player do a trade monopoly. The Aztec guy could've honestly went on for forever.

--This is around when I was almost decent. I was dragging my teammates down, hard. The enemy had map control, and all of us were on our toes defending. This was Carolina, so I made a plan to ambush them through the ocean. Neither of our teams took too much of an advantage towards it, so it was pretty safe. I made a boat, sent my villagers, landed just right and built stables on the edge of a guy's town, near the dock-less coast. I made a large raiding party, whilst I was trying my best, still badly, to defend my teammates. I then sent said party and wrecked the economy out of 2/4 enemy dudes. One guy basically was reduced to %10 of his team's influence. The other resigned, prematurely. I then proceeded to build multiple barrackes. The other two guys were tough, and I didn't do much, I was a distraction and I did try, but I gave room to my allies to push, and they eventually beat the other guys. My favorite moment, period.

What are your favorite moments?
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Re: What have you seen, hilarious or genius, in the game?

Post by milku3459 »

Recently I've been having a bunch of Brit 3v3s where I get to boom uninterrupted, lose nearly 0 vills all game and gain control of half the map. My basic strategy with Brits in team is
1. Get a better economy
2. Get better units (with cards and ups)
3. A-move
It's not genius by any stretch of the imagination but it is fun to play rough with some fully carded and arsenaled Redcoats vs trash French musks or run Lifeguards around in a box
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Back when I was lance corporal my mates and me were trolled on 3v3 gp. All 3 opponents played Portuguese. The flow of the the game was banal until one of us got overwhelmed by a never-ending mass of villagers and minutemen. We all got destroyed in a few minutes. As you can guess, all these guys had pionners and CM in their decks.
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

P i k i l i c wrote:Back when I was lance corporal my mates and me were trolled on 3v3 gp. All 3 opponents played Portuguese. The flow of the the game was banal until one of us got overwhelmed by a never-ending mass of villagers and minutemen. We all got destroyed in a few minutes. As you can guess, all these guys had pionners and CM in their decks.

Site you need to do this plz
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

I remember when i was playing against a friend that was a really bad player ( but this time he gave his account to a Major from ESO and he was smurfing ofc) We both were playing with brits and in age 1 and he sent a villager near my base for kill my animals and dispel my hunts, then in colonial age he built a bar and he produced renegados and he was killing my musks with them :(. I produced huss and tried to raid him, but his villagers had the market's improvements and he just killed all my cav only using his villagers. Later he arrived to fortress age, he sent Barbary Corsairs and he started to raiding my vills with them while he was destroying my base and TC with his great army of musks, huss and renegados.
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
No Flag Kommander
Musketeer

Post by Kommander »

P i k i l i c wrote:Back when I was lance corporal my mates and me were trolled on 3v3 gp. All 3 opponents played Portuguese. The flow of the the game was banal until one of us got overwhelmed by a never-ending mass of villagers and minutemen. We all got destroyed in a few minutes. As you can guess, all these guys had pionners and CM in their decks.

That is the greatest thing I have heard. Wow, just wow.
How did they manage to defeat you with minute men and villagers though? I feel like even if they had 600 of them you could've defeated them.
Did they have like 1200 minutemen? If so, did you build cannons to counter? Wish I could see something like this on video.
Guess Pioneers and Colonial Militia aren't so useless. :P
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

garja
Attachments
screen93.jpg
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Kynesie lag is indeed the funniest thing on aoe :uglylol:
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

once I was talking screenshots for over 1 hour because I was mad that I lost
Attachments
screen859.jpg
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Kommander wrote:

That is the greatest thing I have heard. Wow, just wow.
How did they manage to defeat you with minute men and villagers though? I feel like even if they had 600 of them you could've defeated them.
I guess you underestimated the power of villagers and minutemen ! Honestly their stats aren't that bad lol. I think villagers get 300 hp and 13 hand attack with market and Pioneers. And targeting each 1-HP minuteman with 1 unit is not easy. I don't say we didn't make mistakes though.
Did they have like 1200 minutemen? If so, did you build cannons to counter? Wish I could see something like this on video.
Guess Pioneers and Colonial Militia aren't so useless. :P
Maybe you mean 120 minutemen or sth like that ? It is possible, because they were age III or/and IV. And I don't think we had time to build cannon, but anyway, villager mass>> cannon.

Btw, If you want to know the players' names, this game can currently be found on my 10th elo page
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

2000 team elo at pr 12 and 32-500 in 1v1......definetly not a smurf
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

1) a Francophile and two Frenchmen poshly discussing wine and beautiful women while slaughtering each other in 1v1v1 in a late FFA.

2) a FFA with 6 players which ended with less than 200 deaths :flowers:
One player rushed another and then got rushed himself, two guys bought spies and left after seeing the psychopatic artistry of my walling, the last one decided he can't win 1v1 an left the game too. :hehe: