Calm down...

No Flag willhaversham
Crossbow

Calm down...

Post by willhaversham »

Some of the people in this community have let themselves down in the last 24 hours. Yes we know the servers have been down. Yes we know the servers can be unstable. Yes we know it's a minor irritation to fire up the game and not be able to connect to ESO.

REALITY CHECK.

The official AOE Twitter account confirmed that they were attempting to resolve the issue. They did a decent job of making us aware of updates. The servers were up again after approximately 24 hours. They're back down. These professionals are not perfect. They don't owe you anything - you've probably already got your value from the game. I got the game like 10 years ago and have almost 2000 hrs play time. New people probably got the game for about $10...

These people are professionals who manage servers, have technical skills and are trying their best whilst some of you pile unnecessarily expectations on when you want the servers back up, because you can't even go 24 hrs without a fix...
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: Calm down...

Post by tedere12 »

I demand the servers to be up whenever I'm available to play
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Tbh for the amount of money this game still makes (see my projections in the other thread) I think that they could dedicate a bit more of their resources to keeping the servers stable.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

musketeer925 wrote:Tbh for the amount of money this game still makes (see my projections in the other thread) I think that they could dedicate a bit more of their resources to keeping the servers stable.

Your projections are extremely vague estimates and should not be taken as fact
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

tedere12 wrote:I demand the servers to be up whenever I'm available to play

I strongly support this mans demands.
Those are very fair and good demands.
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

willhaversham wrote: They don't owe you anything

Sure they do
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

They do owe us something. Dont act like every player has 2000hrs into the game. Microsoft hasnt given a shit about aoe3 and its about time they do something about it.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

Until such time as they announce an official shutdown it is reasonable to expect the servers to always be up barring server maintenance and for it to be announced that they are down. That's my opinion.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I think the fact that they get harassed whenever the servers go down will lead to them permanently shutting down
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

willhaversham wrote:They don't owe you anything

This should be said of Musketeer925, Buckethead, etc. Not of paid Microsoft employees.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
musketeer925 wrote:Tbh for the amount of money this game still makes (see my projections in the other thread) I think that they could dedicate a bit more of their resources to keeping the servers stable.

Nice posts, including the next one which I can't quote since I'm on mobile. At this point you're just baiting and baiting staff into so called 'harassment' so you can screenshot it and use it as an argument any time you get banned. Could you please calm down and start acting like a regular member again?
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

Nice posts, including the next one which I can't quote since I'm on mobile. At this point you're just baiting and baiting staff into so called 'harassment' so you can screenshot it and use it as an argument any time you get banned. Could you please calm down and start acting like a regular member again?

PM him I want to see posts related to op, not this every second thread. Its just getting old now. Either grow up (both of you) or go away.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

It's very intriguing how much backlash there is when it's suggested the servers will permanently be shut down. It's like a nightmare for some people here, who's ego depends on the game.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

No, it's just saying things concluded out of thin air constantly with no logical back-up. Plus2Joe just announced that they were going to implement an alarm system for such temporary shutdowns, and yet you tirelessly imply the opposite. People can get annoyed with such behaviour, it's natural, not a conspiracy against you :chinese:
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: Gear_Head

Post by Gear_Head »

pecelot wrote:No, it's just saying things concluded out of thin air constantly with no logical back-up. Plus2Joe just announced that they were going to implement an alarm system for such temporary shutdowns, and yet you tirelessly imply the opposite. People can get annoyed with such behaviour, it's natural, not a conspiracy against you :chinese:

+1
+1
+1

Everyone go outside when the ice cream truck drives by and get yourselves something to cool off. 8-)
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Not pulled from thin air, logical reasoning and connections with insiders lead us to our conclusions.

United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

Unless your insider information is someone above plus2joe, who has told us that he is on top of it and is setting up systems to make sure it doesn't happen again - you're wrong.

All that you are doing by posting this everywhere is devaluing your own word. People see your posts preaching the end and soon realize that you're quite wrong. Later on then, when you are preaching something else - they'll readily dismiss it.

Preach what you will, but if you aren't preaching the truth - reality check - you'll be ignored and your word will have no value.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

evilcheadar wrote:It's very intriguing how much backlash there is when it's suggested the servers will permanently be shut down. It's like a nightmare for some people here, who's ego depends on the game.

It's obvious you and frenchman are upset that pretty much everybody ignores and rejects you here.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

ovi12 wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:It's very intriguing how much backlash there is when it's suggested the servers will permanently be shut down. It's like a nightmare for some people here, who's ego depends on the game.

It's obvious you and frenchman are upset that pretty much everybody ignores and rejects you here.

It's hard to be much more wrong than this