3%
Spanish
No votes

Total votes: 71

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Best 2v2 civs? [EP]

Post by deleted_user0 »

Like Garja said. Sioux got buffed, not nerfed. Now they've got a good infantry and they are much better balanced civ.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Hazza54321 wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Why would sioux go from super lame team civ to trash tier ? It's not like bow riders are weak lol

They also have shite eco and theres better maps and they have no infantry or mm

They already had no mm and shit infantry but they were tier 1. I don't see how they would become so weak, I think you can still raid on EP maps, and brs are still strong.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Why would sioux go from super lame team civ to trash tier ? It's not like bow riders are weak lol

They already had no mm and shit infantry but they were tier 1. I don't see how they would become so weak, I think you can still raid on EP maps, and brs are still strong.

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

sioux are more balanced, but not stronger.
cause sioux is NEVER a "common" civ. they're way too different from other civs, and if they play like other civs they become bottom tier.
on RE, 90% victories of sioux rely on "uncommon" reasons: imba bow rider, raiding, shitty map, enemy overcommit.... instead of the common reasons, good eco, balanced unit composition, proper micro, etc.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:

They werent tier 1, and -30hp on their main unit is also a bug nerf, u saw what -10hp did to ur beloved germans
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Hazza54321 wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
Show hidden quotes

They werent tier 1, and -30hp on their main unit is also a bug nerf, u saw what -10hp did to ur beloved germans

This.
Uhlan which is one composition of army gets -10hp--->unplayable, tier 4, awful civ
Br which is the ONLY composition of army -30hp-->slight nerf, still definitely a good civ

logical
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yep because unlike BR, uhlans were not broken. It was only fair to nerf the BR, whereas the uhlan nerf was a bad way to nerf germany, since the problem was how many uhlans you get and not how strong they are. BR are still a powerful unit, and they're ranged cav in age 2, and they don't have a multiplier vs vils, and they're super fast cause of the warchief.
And of course sioux were tier 1 on RE in team...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Buff ger
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Who said that ?
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

somppukunkku wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

This.
Uhlan which is one composition of army gets -10hp--->unplayable, tier 4, awful civ
Br which is the ONLY composition of army -30hp-->slight nerf, still definitely a good civ

logical

If you wanna talk about logical, the power of a civ depends of a ton of parameters. That can be represented as a mathematical surjective function from R^n to R (in this case n->infinity, because the game is insanely complicated). That equation per civ is that much complicated that you can not compare one civ change to an other civ change easily because their equation of power is totally different. That's why we prefer more playtesting than talking and making closed assumption in the Beta
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

"because the game is insanely complicated"

Yes. Sioux is insanely complicated, make shitload of BR/some axe/dogs and try to find a perfect spot to rape enemy army.
I think we can agree for example that if sioux cav were nerfed all by -20% it would be like a joke civ, even without "playtesting"

I think changes are more important on paper than a few pr 30's "playtesting" who have no idea what to even do with those civs.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

somppukunkku wrote:"because the game is insanely complicated"

Yes. Sioux is insanely complicated, make shitload of BR/some axe/dogs and try to find a perfect spot to rape enemy army.
I think we can agree for example that if sioux cav were nerfed all by -20% it would be like a joke civ, even without "playtesting"

If you read correctly, I was talking about the complexity of the equation of having a powerful civ and not the mechanic of the civ.
Ofc -20% nerf to all cav is huge, I never said the contrary. That's why you take this example
somppukunkku wrote:I think changes are more important on paper than a few pr 30's "playtesting" who have no idea what to even do with those civs.

I don't know why you always need to be agressive, but playtesting is the core of developping the game. Moreover the beta is composed by really good players which has won some aoe3 tourney, so arguably, they know how to play this game.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Saying things like they are =/= aggression