scheduled tournaments game - being delayed or cancelled

Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: scheduled tournaments game - being delayed or cancelled

Post by spanky4ever »

should be more pro about it - and expect ppl to turn up for scheduled games. not much to ask IMO
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Have one or two day tournaments.
I joined a Japanese tournament like seven years ago where you can sign up but brackets are not generated until the tourney start time and you have a hour window to be present and check in to be added to the bracket. Then it was like a one day bracket of bo3s

ye this is also how its done in sc2. I joined a few of those cups. you sign up and then you check in like 30 mins before the tourney starts and the bracket is being made.
Personally I like this idea. Big plus. Players will only be in the tourney if they appear at the given time. Downside : it will exclude quite a big chunk of players. Also the quality of players / games will suffer compared to an invitational or tourney.
Anyways Id like to see such a 1 day tourney. Make it like
-32 players max
- anyone can enter ( maybe low pr requirement idk ),
-prizepool maybe within 50-100 dollar range??
-have to use main account. Smurfs will be perma banned from all ESOC tourneys
-bo 3 till semis then bo5
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@Kaiserklein you made alot of effort in this thread - I wish you had the same spirit about joining the game in tournament you signed up 2 :huh: Not good enought imo by far :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@lordraphael If ppl dont show up - the should be out
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

Kaiserklein wrote:So you mean : one good player is like another, and who cares about the individuals, we can just replace them it's the same shit ? You're late by 1h => get disqualified and fuck off ! Do you have any respect or do you just think about your own entertainment ?

thats actually how it is being done in pretty much any gaming community ive been into. Its probably how its should be being done .Maybe not in an invitational. But in The seasonal tourneys id def reccomend to give penaltys or straight up disqualifications for players who show up late. If you enforce it players will change their behaviour if you dont they will keep on doing the same shit over and over again. Also im not even judging if you may or may not have done anything wrong.I dont know anything on that matter and I do recall that i read in some twitch chat that you might have no time. Its just a general opinion of myself regarding how tourneys should be managed.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

iwillspankyou wrote:@lordraphael If ppl dont show up - the should be out

ye thats the big plus of such 1 day tourney players could sign up even if they knew that they wont be there it wouldnt matter because only those who check in will be in the tourney. Really the only risk I see that I will see ius that either a bunch of low medium players will show up and the quality will be shit, or one good player shows up and gets free money which could have been invested in a better way. Because after all people like to see high level games not medium low level ones and if a tourney doesnt provide that it shouldnt be done in the first place.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

just a scheduling issue, can't heat things up about it more than that. sometimes people have that dumb thing called "life" which gets in the way
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

2 day tournament - could it be more clear?
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

This has got me thinking on some new systems for my next tournament to help eliminate these type situations.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

iwillspankyou wrote:@Kaiserklein you made alot of effort in this thread - I wish you had the same spirit about joining the game in tournament you signed up 2 :huh: Not good enought imo by far :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

You keep repeating the same stuff, apparently without reading what I type, so I will stop answering now. I explained why I couldn't play this time, now if you can't understand this I stop wasting my time :/

lordraphael wrote:thats actually how it is being done in pretty much any gaming community ive been into. Its probably how its should be being done .Maybe not in an invitational. But in The seasonal tourneys id def reccomend to give penaltys or straight up disqualifications for players who show up late. If you enforce it players will change their behaviour if you dont they will keep on doing the same shit over and over again. Also im not even judging if you may or may not have done anything wrong.I dont know anything on that matter and I do recall that i read in some twitch chat that you might have no time. Its just a general opinion of myself regarding how tourneys should be managed.

But in a 2v2 tourney, you depend on your mate, and can't just change it like that at the last minute. Also aoe has a small community so I don't think you can compare it to sc2 or sth, we don't need such drastic measures. If we start being so hard on the players like this, we'll just end up having even less good players in the tourneys (if it's even possible), and it will do more harm than good.
And anyway in my case, just for information, I said that I wasn't sure I could play today. It's different than if I said that I can, and then didn't show up for the match.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

"About replacing players, a tourney is first organized for the players. "

This is bullshit. Tournament is organized for viewers/sponsors who even make these tournaments possible with donations. Do you think BS/Erik for example would even give a shit about this tournament otherwise?
If you want to play games "organized for players", play normal team games like 99,99% of games are.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@Kaiserklein "
But in a 2v2 tourney, you depend on your mate,"
you where the no show !!!
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

somppukunkku wrote:"About replacing players, a tourney is first organized for the players. "

This is bullshit. Tournament is organized for viewers/sponsors who even make these tournaments possible with donations. Do you think BS/Erik for example would even give a shit about this tournament otherwise?
If you want to play games "organized for players", play normal team games like 99,99% of games are.

The tournaments is for the spectators! and this round put us downs! If it was only for the players - they could do that anytime - anyway :shock:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

somppukunkku wrote:"About replacing players, a tourney is first organized for the players. "

No it's of course organized for the players... If they give a shit about the tourney only because of the 50€ or so that they can get it's pretty sad, if there was no prizepool I would still play in it.
There's a reason why tourney games aren't casted sometimes, for lag reasons or w/e. It's because the players having a good game is more important than the viewers not being able to watch.

iwillspankyou wrote:@Kaiserklein "
But in a 2v2 tourney, you depend on your mate,"
you where the no show !!!

I don't even understand

iwillspankyou wrote:The tournaments is for the spectators! and this round put us downs! If it was only for the players - they could do that anytime - anyway :shock:

It's ofc not "only" for the players... But they're the first target of a tournament.
"The tournaments is for the spectators" ah ok, so the players are only here to entertain the viewers, and have nothing to say, while you sit and watch and complain ? And when you're not happy about a detail they just get kicked ? What the fuck, really
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

No shows or lates are never great but it is something that will always happen on an occasional basis. With our community we should do everything we can to get the games played with the original players, reschedule, etc. The casters could do a much better job, when someone doesn't show up on time just stream some random qs games, it gives the fans something to watch while they figure out when the players are going to show. I use to do this when I organized events in the past and it worked great. Also I dont like 1-2 day tours of around 32 players for multiple reasons. That would be like 2 straight 12 hour days where the players have to basically be on call at all time waiting for their games to start. This style interferes with players life much more, if you have a girlfriend its a lot easier to get 2 hours on a Saturday, than to get 12 hours on saturday and sunday. Also this makes the players allowed in tournaments smaller which will hurt the community size. For instance I'm a competitive person I may be seeded around 34 and not get accepted into the tournament. If that happened I would honestly most likely stop playing this game entirely, if I would not be able to play in tournaments and play competitively.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Nobody cares about money but I've seen 0 decent tournaments played w/o prizepot?? How comes?

Saying tournaments are organized only for players is selfish and disrespectful towards ppl donating money, just like your behaviour
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I have yet to see a tournament played as scheduled!
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

somppukunkku wrote:Nobody cares about money but I've seen 0 decent tournaments played w/o prizepot?? How comes?

Saying tournaments are organized only for players is selfish and disrespectful towards ppl donating money, just like your behaviour

Yeah and you should read again and try to find where I said it was "only" for players, before you say this kind of bullshit.

About being selfish and disrespectful, I think you're really not in a good spot to even try total about this. AFAIK the guy who spammed accounts to try to vote for himself to be able to play in the saturday smackdown stuff from zuta, just to try and get some undeserved money, which resulted in zuta deciding to cancel the event, wasn't called kaiserklein. You just killed a nice event, that all the community was hyped about, just for selfish reasons, which is more than disrespectful. I'm actually surprised you didn't get banned from ESOC and all its events for life, you should be grateful instead of flaming them 24/7.

About the prizepool, ofc it matters, but I'm just saying it's sad if people play aoe just for money. It's a game and you're supposed to have fun, not to come back and train only to get 50€. If you want to get this money you can spend much less hours on sth else than aoe. So no, tourneys are not for the money, or at least they shouldn't.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

iwillspankyou wrote:I have yet to see a tournament played as scheduled!

Could I suggest that you organise a tournament yourself, and enforce your own rules?
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Players don't play aoe only for money but the reason why people donate money is mostly to see aoe games

your behaviour is disrespectful and if your only defence is to wail about my voting brothers, it quite confirms this fact =)
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

giveuanxiety wrote:No shows or lates are never great but it is something that will always happen on an occasional basis. With our community we should do everything we can to get the games played with the original players, reschedule, etc. The casters could do a much better job, when someone doesn't show up on time just stream some random qs games, it gives the fans something to watch while they figure out when the players are going to show. I use to do this when I organized events in the past and it worked great. Also I dont like 1-2 day tours of around 32 players for multiple reasons. That would be like 2 straight 12 hour days where the players have to basically be on call at all time waiting for their games to start. This style interferes with players life much more, if you have a girlfriend its a lot easier to get 2 hours on a Saturday, than to get 12 hours on saturday and sunday. Also this makes the players allowed in tournaments smaller which will hurt the community size. For instance I'm a competitive person I may be seeded around 34 and not get accepted into the tournament. If that happened I would honestly most likely stop playing this game entirely, if I would not be able to play in tournaments and play competitively.

i think you dont understand how 1 day tourneys work. A you are not being online for 12 hours on 2 days. Id estimate a 16 player or 32 player tourney would take the average joe who gets like past maybe round 1 or 2 like 2 hours and for the finalists maybe like 6 hours considering this is on weekends you wont be playing nonstop this should be very doable.....Remember its with check in so if you dont have time you just dont check in ( you can still sign up ). Also regarding seeding. There wont be any seeding. Those who check in first will play and if its full its full.
Also I think you vastly overestimate how many people sign up for this. In sc2 for instance youd usually play in a 256 player bracket but only like 140is or less would sign up and even less check in. Personally i dont even think we could fill a 32 players bracked even with no pr requiremnts. if you look at the jp tourneys they have like 16 players playing those tourneys usually and I think the first round is always a BYE for all players. It doesnt interferes with players life more. If you dont have time you dont play in it if you desperatly want to play in you make time.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

I want to point out some humor - you have been speaking in this topic each hour, could have better been towards playing xD
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

wardyb1 wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:I have yet to see a tournament played as scheduled!

Could I suggest that you organise a tournament yourself, and enforce your own rules?

I have never organised a tournament - but I have funded a big portion of them with donations last 2 years. I would suggest many more of you ppl who enjoy games, would contribute to :cry: This is my contribution so far -what are yours :?:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Im getting bullied by Kaiserklein and Queen in online chat - as we are speaking! not pretty :hmm:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

somppukunkku wrote:Players don't play aoe only for money but the reason why people donate money is mostly to see aoe games

your behaviour is disrespectful and if your only defence is to wail about my voting brothers, it quite confirms this fact =)

Yeah sure, you just ruined a community event with your selfishness and your lack of respect in anything, everyone wanted to see those saturday smackdowns and you just came and destroyed it. And you dont even feel sorry for it. So just don't talk about stuff like respect etc because you have absolutely no clue about it. Still not sure why you're not banned btw. You also just whine about absolutely everything in the forums, but never bring anything useful. You're a parasite, a waste of space.