scheduled tournaments game - being delayed or cancelled

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: scheduled tournaments game - being delayed or cancelled

Post by Kaiserklein »

IAmSoldieR wrote:I want to point out some humor - you have been speaking in this topic each hour, could have better been towards playing xD

No I can commit to writing a bit on ESOC from time to time, but not to spend 1-2h in a row playing.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Yes, I'm a great SS-slayer sompuu who single handedly destroyed all the fun of this event. I hope you will teach your children to avoid scary SS-slayer sompu, a parasite, a waste of SPACE!

I have a lot experience about respect. I respect many many players but I've my own criterions and therefore I don't have much respect for you, but hey, that's only my opinion =)!

Thirdly, I'm actually bringing a lot of controversial stuff to the table and that's way better way to improve things than inner circle jerking
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

well - all I can say is that I have been flamed by @Kaiserklein and @QueenOfdestiny in chat! very bad - and if Kaiser had put half of that spirit in to a game - we would have one :shock:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well I tried to explain nicely to you (and queen also) but you don't even read what I type (same in this thread) and you don't understand anything, and keep flaming me, so yeah at some point I also flame
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dq kaiser. Just no respect even towards the biggest supporter of the event.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

can we expect game to be played as scheduled? thats all Im asking? if not 100% how can we do it better moving on?
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

@spanky4ever I'm not sure why this conversation is 3 pages. The quote below is what it comes down to. If you have a rebuttal, please present it in a concise manner.

Kaiserklein wrote:I said 3 times in the skype conversation that I'm not sure I can play on saturday. I asked to play it on friday but someone else couldn't, so I said we can try on saturday but I said 3 TIMES that I'm not sure. "I'm not sure" means, maybe I can't. So why was everyone ok when they read "I'm not sure", and then get upset when I can't ? If they're not ok with that, then directly reschedule or sth.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Hello lovelies! I didn't manage to watch the stream today due to playing the game myself with some lovely people. I do want to say thank you to everyone who is involved though! Thanks for the site, thanks to all the donors, and thanks to all the players who help keep the game alive! Enjoy the rest of the weekend. I appreciate all of you.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Hello everyone,

While this conversation has been very interesting to follow and there have been a lot of good posts here, it's also been quite heated. Please remember that it is important to show respect even when disagreeing with each other. A lot of posts here have been very close to or over the line, and we'll be monitoring the thread carefully from here on to make sure the discussion doesn't get out of hand.
duck
:mds:
imo
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Exactly!

Enjoy the fact that we have one RO8 match left today! PrinceofKabul & snowww vs Mitoe & Kaiserklein at 19 GMT! Casted by: Veni_Vidi_Vici_W & Edeholland.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

iwillspankyou wrote:Im getting bullied by Kaiserklein and Queen in online chat - as we are speaking! not pretty :hmm:

Yeah queen wont leave me alone either
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob

Post by n0el »

Do any women?
mad cuz bad
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

n0el wrote:Do any women?

I have this problem.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Hazza54321 wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:Im getting bullied by Kaiserklein and Queen in online chat - as we are speaking! not pretty :hmm:

Yeah queen wont leave me alone either

Don´t worry i will do
shit juice :hmm:
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

be friends guys you're all lovely people
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

tedere12 wrote:they are playing for your entertainment, they don't get paid for playing and have their own personal lives and schedule. Show some respect and appreciate the fact that they are trying to schedule.

Nah ur wrong. They play for the self as well if not only for that. But besides the argument of the viewer, which I agree shouldn't show too much entitlement, though some of them are big donors so indeed have some stake in this, there is the argument of the opponent. Not showing up or showing up super late is simply disrespecting your opponent and in this case also teammate. And that's never in the spirit of any competition and thus there should be sanctions
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Kaiserklein wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:@Kaiserklein you made alot of effort in this thread - I wish you had the same spirit about joining the game in tournament you signed up 2 :huh: Not good enought imo by far :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

You keep repeating the same stuff, apparently without reading what I type, so I will stop answering now. I explained why I couldn't play this time, now if you can't understand this I stop wasting my time :/

lordraphael wrote:thats actually how it is being done in pretty much any gaming community ive been into. Its probably how its should be being done .Maybe not in an invitational. But in The seasonal tourneys id def reccomend to give penaltys or straight up disqualifications for players who show up late. If you enforce it players will change their behaviour if you dont they will keep on doing the same shit over and over again. Also im not even judging if you may or may not have done anything wrong.I dont know anything on that matter and I do recall that i read in some twitch chat that you might have no time. Its just a general opinion of myself regarding how tourneys should be managed.

But in a 2v2 tourney, you depend on your mate, and can't just change it like that at the last minute. Also aoe has a small community so I don't think you can compare it to sc2 or sth, we don't need such drastic measures. If we start being so hard on the players like this, we'll just end up having even less good players in the tourneys (if it's even possible), and it will do more harm than good.
And anyway in my case, just for information, I said that I wasn't sure I could play today. It's different than if I said that I can, and then didn't show up for the match.

Well that's a vicious argument. I'm not judging you or your case here, but this kinda reasoning just leads to more trouble. You say the community is small, so no harsh measures. Then people will get complacent and break the rules, no sanctions will be imposed, and it just creates precedent for others, until we get to a point where it's really not manageable anymore. Tournaments always get delayed so much and people are really quite easygoing about delaying cuz they know usually the organizer will rather allow a delay than ban a high ranked player :/ IMO a player should also take their own responsibility and if you somehow get sick or otherwise prevented to play when you agreed to play, you should just forfeit.

Again, i don't know the details of your. Case so the above may not apply to you
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

n0el wrote:Do any women?
they leave me alone :( I can't get within 20 feet of one without them screaming and running. Not sure why.......
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Cuz u look like Lurch.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

ovi12 wrote:@spanky4ever I'm not sure why this conversation is 3 pages. The quote below is what it comes down to. If you have a rebuttal, please present it in a concise manner.

Kaiserklein wrote:I said 3 times in the skype conversation that I'm not sure I can play on saturday. I asked to play it on friday but someone else couldn't, so I said we can try on saturday but I said 3 TIMES that I'm not sure. "I'm not sure" means, maybe I can't. So why was everyone ok when they read "I'm not sure", and then get upset when I can't ? If they're not ok with that, then directly reschedule or sth.
Here's one: If you're not sure you can play, instead of saying maybe say no. That's how it works in real life, no? Gives everyone more of an incentive to try and find a better time instead of just hoping you'll show and it doesn't set the viewers up for disappointment. Either way, with kaiser saying "maybe" the game shouldn't have been put in the schedule.
I like the idea for a backup player in situations like this one, where one player is unsure if they can make it on the scheduled date.

Anyway let's not get our panties all up in a bunch. At the end of the day there was a ton of good 2v2 content this weekend, and with events like this one you can't expect everything to go smoothly. The players are not professionals, often have real life responsibilities, and the same goes for the tournament staff.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

I agree! In the end the game got played within the schedule. It's unfortunate the behavior surrounding it but hopefully lessons are learned going forward. Looking forward to seeing some great games next weekend.
mad cuz bad
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

n0el wrote:I agree! In the end the game got played within the schedule. It's unfortunate the behavior surrounding it but hopefully lessons are learned going forward. Looking forward to seeing some great games next weekend.

Well I'm not!
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
n0el wrote:I agree! In the end the game got played within the schedule. It's unfortunate the behavior surrounding it but hopefully lessons are learned going forward. Looking forward to seeing some great games next weekend.

Well I'm not!

Well why not?
mad cuz bad
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

n0el wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

Well I'm not!

Well why not?

I'm busy next weekend
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Goodspeed wrote:
ovi12 wrote:@spanky4ever I'm not sure why this conversation is 3 pages. The quote below is what it comes down to. If you have a rebuttal, please present it in a concise manner.

Here's one: If you're not sure you can play, instead of saying maybe say no. That's how it works in real life, no? Gives everyone more of an incentive to try and find a better time instead of just hoping you'll show and it doesn't set the viewers up for disappointment. Either way, with kaiser saying "maybe" the game shouldn't have been put in the schedule.
I like the idea for a backup player in situations like this one, where one player is unsure if they can make it on the scheduled date.

Anyway let's not get our panties all up in a bunch. At the end of the day there was a ton of good 2v2 content this weekend, and with events like this one you can't expect everything to go smoothly. The players are not professionals, often have real life responsibilities, and the same goes for the tournament staff.

Saying no is just inferior. Saying maybe is better because it leaves the decision up to the organizers (who have the larger perspective and are orchestrating the whole event) if they want to take the risk. They can say "no, we'll just reschedule" if they want then.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego