scheduled tournaments game - being delayed or cancelled

Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Re: scheduled tournaments game - being delayed or cancelled

Post by lordraphael »

Goodspeed wrote:
ovi12 wrote:@spanky4ever I'm not sure why this conversation is 3 pages. The quote below is what it comes down to. If you have a rebuttal, please present it in a concise manner.

Kaiserklein wrote:I said 3 times in the skype conversation that I'm not sure I can play on saturday. I asked to play it on friday but someone else couldn't, so I said we can try on saturday but I said 3 TIMES that I'm not sure. "I'm not sure" means, maybe I can't. So why was everyone ok when they read "I'm not sure", and then get upset when I can't ? If they're not ok with that, then directly reschedule or sth.
Here's one: If you're not sure you can play, instead of saying maybe say no. That's how it works in real life, no? Gives everyone more of an incentive to try and find a better time instead of just hoping you'll show and it doesn't set the viewers up for disappointment. Either way, with kaiser saying "maybe" the game shouldn't have been put in the schedule.
I like the idea for a backup player in situations like this one, where one player is unsure if they can make it on the scheduled date.

Anyway let's not get our panties all up in a bunch. At the end of the day there was a ton of good 2v2 content this weekend, and with events like this one you can't expect everything to go smoothly. The players are not professionals, often have real life responsibilities, and the same goes for the tournament staff.

if you call stomps good content i would say youre right. Except for maybe sam/ mankle vs uhlan/ roi all games were quite one sided. Even sam mankle won pretty convincingly in the end id say. Looking forward to next week. Exams will be over and the semis look very promising becasue all teams showed their skill. ( Except for tugboat yago aka adam "no micro" jennings. He just got carried by hazzarov).
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Goodspeed wrote:
ovi12 wrote:@spanky4ever I'm not sure why this conversation is 3 pages. The quote below is what it comes down to. If you have a rebuttal, please present it in a concise manner.

Kaiserklein wrote:I said 3 times in the skype conversation that I'm not sure I can play on saturday. I asked to play it on friday but someone else couldn't, so I said we can try on saturday but I said 3 TIMES that I'm not sure. "I'm not sure" means, maybe I can't. So why was everyone ok when they read "I'm not sure", and then get upset when I can't ? If they're not ok with that, then directly reschedule or sth.
Here's one: If you're not sure you can play, instead of saying maybe say no. That's how it works in real life, no? Gives everyone more of an incentive to try and find a better time instead of just hoping you'll show and it doesn't set the viewers up for disappointment. Either way, with kaiser saying "maybe" the game shouldn't have been put in the schedule.
I like the idea for a backup player in situations like this one, where one player is unsure if they can make it on the scheduled date.

Anyway let's not get our panties all up in a bunch. At the end of the day there was a ton of good 2v2 content this weekend, and with events like this one you can't expect everything to go smoothly. The players are not professionals, often have real life responsibilities, and the same goes for the tournament staff.

If I said "no" whenever I wasn't sure, we wouldn't have played at all this weekend. Because until really recently I didn't know my schedule.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

lordraphael wrote:if you call stomps good content i would say youre right. Except for maybe sam/ mankle vs uhlan/ roi all games were quite one sided. Even sam mankle won pretty convincingly in the end id say. Looking forward to next week. Exams will be over and the semis look very promising becasue all teams showed their skill. ( Except for tugboat yago aka adam "no micro" jennings. He just got carried by hazzarov).
Rouga sent VC though. Pretty good.
Kaiserklein wrote:If I said "no" whenever I wasn't sure, we wouldn't have played at all this weekend. Because until really recently I didn't know my schedule.
Fair enough, it worked out this time. Just in my experience a maybe is often a no but people treat it as a yes.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Wut? I thought Roufaida was banned from this? Lol esoc moderation is like a fucking ping pong match

So anywhere to see the results? Or brackets? Winners??? Poor production thish
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

umeu wrote:Wut? I thought Roufaida was banned from this?
Probably wasn't a tournament match.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

VC build without 3 vills sucks though.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

They didn't use the advantage it gave them. Rouga aged long before the other Brit and could've been in industrial when the other reached fortress (this would have been the case if they had sent 700g instead of 4v also). Instead they tried to push which could've worked but is probably the more risky play considering defender's advantage.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

umeu wrote:Wut? I thought Roufaida was banned from this? Lol esoc moderation is like a fucking ping pong match

It was a showmatch. Rouga is making good progress to an unban, though. He and Hazza have been making amazing contributions to the EP.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

Goodspeed wrote:They didn't use the advantage it gave them. Rouga aged long before the other Brit and could've been in industrial when the other reached fortress (this would have been the case if they had sent 700g instead of 4v also). Instead they tried to push which could've worked but is probably the more risky play considering defender's advantage.

it basically didn't give any advantage. rouga didn't produce that many units in colonial while other brit did. also rouga shipped 700c and other brit shipped 4v. they gathered they same amount in the graphs veni looked after the game. while rouga went more manors early on and other brit did make more units. = conclusion VC build without 3 vills suck.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
umeu wrote:Wut? I thought Roufaida was banned from this? Lol esoc moderation is like a fucking ping pong match

It was a showmatch. Rouga is making good progress to an unban, though. He and Hazza have been making amazing contributions to the EP.

wait, what did he do now? i thought he was unbanned some time ago, and now he's banned again..?
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

princeofkabul wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:They didn't use the advantage it gave them. Rouga aged long before the other Brit and could've been in industrial when the other reached fortress (this would have been the case if they had sent 700g instead of 4v also). Instead they tried to push which could've worked but is probably the more risky play considering defender's advantage.

it basically didn't give any advantage. rouga didn't produce that many units in colonial while other brit did. also rouga shipped 700c and other brit shipped 4v. they gathered they same amount in the graphs veni looked after the game. while rouga went more manors early on and other brit did make more units. = conclusion VC build without 3 vills suck.

They may have gathered the same res, but 900 more of those res went into houses for the other brit guy. When you send VC and are not rushed is like picking between 900w card and 3v card. 3 vills take almost 10 minutes to gather 900w with gangsaw.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

princeofkabul wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:

wait, what did he do now? i thought he was unbanned some time ago, and now he's banned again..?
He did quite a few things, I don't want to go into detail on the forums.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

ovi12 wrote:
princeofkabul wrote:

They may have gathered the same res, but 900 more of those res went into houses for the other brit guy. When you send VC and are not rushed is like picking between 900w card and 3v card. 3 vills take almost 10 minutes to gather 900w with gangsaw.

900 more res maybe, but a card less, worth 700 res. But if you can be greedy, vc is fine
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

umeu wrote:
ovi12 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

900 more res maybe, but a card less,
Why a card less?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Not really a card less, but it's basically a reversed wood card. Instead of adding res, it saves res. So if you say the other brits spend 900 more wood you have to factor In That you sent a card to save you that res, and someone who didnt sent that card can send another crate card worth 600 or 700 res, or like 4v.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

umeu wrote:Not really a card less, but it's basically a reversed wood card. Instead of adding res, it saves res. So if you say the other brits spend 900 more wood you have to factor In That you sent a card to save you that res, and someone who didnt sent that card can send another crate card worth 600 or 700 res, or like 4v.

No they cant, they have already sent 3v
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Ah ok, I misunderstood, I thought bv after 3v not instead of it.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

We already proved that the benefits of VC doesn't outweigh its cost. Especially if you skip 3 vils.

It hardly provides any advantage if you send it after 3 vils and then only if you boom to 200/200 otherwise it's just strictly worse.

I know certain people really want it to be viable but it's just ever so slightly worse and limits your flexibility. Though it does feel good to build cheap houses I guess.

Besides the vil shipments and trickles only atp (port and Spain) and kami are viable. Haven't seen any other age1 cards be worth it yet.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

_H2O wrote:We already proved that the benefits of VC doesn't outweigh its cost. Especially if you skip 3 vils.

It hardly provides any advantage if you send it after 3 vils and then only if you boom to 200/200 otherwise it's just strictly worse.

I know certain people really want it to be viable but it's just ever so slightly worse and limits your flexibility. Though it does feel good to build cheap houses I guess.

Besides the vil shipments and trickles only atp (port and Spain) and kami are viable. Haven't seen any other age1 cards be worth it yet.

If you're talking about that time when you and goodspeed boomed and checked the postgame, as I remember it you gathered the same ammount of resources but he had a way bigger bank than you at the end, while you were broke.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

thats not how i remember it
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

ovi12 wrote:
_H2O wrote:We already proved that the benefits of VC doesn't outweigh its cost. Especially if you skip 3 vils.

If you're talking about that time when you and goodspeed boomed and checked the postgame, as I remember it you gathered the same ammount of resources but he had a way bigger bank than you at the end, while you were broke.

In my experience u do the same boom, have the same vils pop but vc player is max pop, while normal player can still outboom 8 vils or so worth of manors gradually throughout the game to outboom the vc.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

ovi12 wrote:

It is to important that ~300 of those "missing" resources from Ryan's bank are invested in an extra 3 settlers, that will continue to generate resources for the rest of the game. GoodSpeed has more resources here in part because he simply cannot spend them on anything else, whereas Ryan has already invested them in the 3v shipment.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

When I tested my Hudson Bay build for kynesie I found that sending vc or not sending it really made no noticeable difference in eco at 8 min. I would have the same vil pop and age up time, but the vc would be overall a little bit smoother because I could send the shipment in age1. However I sent it after 3v so it I contrasted it with 600w. The upside is that you max out on manors a few seconds earlier, but you start building them a bit later, cuz u wait for vc before u build manors.
Swapping 3v for vc would've resulted in a worse boom in sure.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

But what if you only boomed to 180 pop instead of 200 pop? :O
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Not sure what u mean lol