scheduled tournaments game - being delayed or cancelled

Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

scheduled tournaments game - being delayed or cancelled

Post by spanky4ever »

I was very dissapoined today - when Kaiserklein said he was not showing up for scheduled game!
And then we waited for 120 min for Blacstar_Op to show up and play sceduled game.
I got really angry for this primadonnas show - and I think there should be some rules come in to play.

There are alot of good player who can replace them - and they should be REPLACED :!:

how can we have games that run on schedule :?: I turn to the comuity to come up with some good suggestions :?:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Re: scheduled tournaments game - being delayed or cancelled

Post by evilcheadar »

How can we have games that run on schedule you ask? Have anyone who enters put in a security deposit that they lose if they don't show up on time.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

they are playing for your entertainment, they don't get paid for playing and have their own personal lives and schedule. Show some respect and appreciate the fact that they are trying to schedule.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

evilcheadar wrote:How can we have games that run on schedule you ask? Have anyone who enters put in a security deposit that they lose if they don't show up on time.

good question: should they :unsure:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

tedere12 wrote:they are playing for your entertainment, they don't get paid for playing and have their own personal lives and schedule. Show some respect and appreciate the fact that they are trying to schedule.

If I where a player - I would surely have some respect for the 200 ppl waiting :shock:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

One suggestion is that more ppl donate to the games - and if you dont show - there will be a backup player taking your place
so ppl you should donate some nickle and dimes and make it wort their while to show up
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

1. suggestion - have a backup player
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

iwillspankyou wrote:
tedere12 wrote:they are playing for your entertainment, they don't get paid for playing and have their own personal lives and schedule. Show some respect and appreciate the fact that they are trying to schedule.

If I where a player - I would surely have some respect for the 200 ppl waiting :shock:

So prioritize 200 guys that have time to waste over their responsibilities? Cos im sure they would play if they had the time
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

srlsy@tedere12 or being sarcastic? last one I hope!
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

tbo I will save my donations for a game that runs on schedule - I will not tolerate this shenanigans again :food: On the other hand I might be very positively surprised of games running ON SCHEDULE :love:
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Have one or two day tournaments.
I joined a Japanese tournament like seven years ago where you can sign up but brackets are not generated until the tourney start time and you have a hour window to be present and check in to be added to the bracket. Then it was like a one day bracket of bo3s
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

looking at japan or Korean tournaments - this shit never happens. If your not there - your out!
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I said 3 times in the skype conversation that I'm not sure I can play on saturday. I asked to play it on friday but someone else couldn't, so I said we can try on saturday but I said 3 TIMES that I'm not sure. "I'm not sure" means, maybe I can't. So why was everyone ok when they read "I'm not sure", and then get upset when I can't ? If they're not ok with that, then directly reschedule or sth. Btw I can play most of the time, just not today (but I wasn't given any other choice), but on the other team they can play only on weekends. So they give me 1 day, when I can't really play, and then it's my fault when we have to reschedule ? Since when do we have only 1 option to schedule a game ? And since when "I'm not sure" x3 means "Yes I can play 100% sure" ?

About replacing players, a tourney is first organized for the players. Viewers ofc also count, but we are the players, so I think you should respect that we have a private life, which is more important than a video game, and so we can't always be 100% available. And if viewers have to wait a bit, or to tune in another day instead, I think it's a minor issue. I don't play this tourney to entertain you. I don't say I don't care about the viewers, but it's not like it's more important for me than my family and my girlfriend... Also it's not like I'm paid to play or sth and I have a contract, I do this on my free time also, which implies that shit happens.

iwillspankyou wrote:There are alot of good player who can replace them - and they should be REPLACED :!:

So you mean : one good player is like another, and who cares about the individuals, we can just replace them it's the same shit ? You're late by 1h => get disqualified and fuck off ! Do you have any respect or do you just think about your own entertainment ?
Also there isn't even a lot of good players to back up lol, if any. And also rofl, how do you even replace 1 player, from a team ? You think you can simply give someone a new teammate on the very day of the match ? Or then you also disqualify the other player from the team, which would be terribly unfair ?

I'll just add that giving a lot of money to ESOC doesn't mean you can disqualify people just when you're not happy because a game was cancelled. Are you still gonna be able to live your life ? Or do we need to hang me to give you satisfaction ? If you're not happy with ESOC events and the way they are, then don't donate money, it's your choice. I ofc appreciate that you donate so much but it doesn't give you the right to shit on us.

Either way, I'm still happy that I was invited to this tournament, and I hope we can play the games tomorrow at 19 GMT, as rescheduled. It was mostly a misunderstanding, and I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough when we scheduled.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

iwillspankyou wrote:I will not tolerate this shenanigans again

Tbh, who exactly do you think you are, to not tolerate ? Are you some kind of god here ? Players don't play tournaments for you.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@Kaiserklein Im very disapointed of you - if you know when games are played - you should show up! thats the agreement you signed up to!
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Kaiserklein wrote:

Tbh, who exactly do you think you are, to not tolerate ? Are you some kind of god here ? Players don't play tournaments for you.

I could ask you the same question: who the fuck do you thing you are - dugding a game where 200 ppl are waiting for your game :hmm:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

When you schedule a game, you make an agreements between the players and casters. When they don't let me have a time which suits me, then I say maybe I can't. Is this my fault ? It's not like I said "yes I'm sure I can come". And if they're not happy about that I'm not sure, then say it directly and we find another day. If not, then don't be surprised when I can't.
And as I said I have a private life, so if I don't want, or can't show up, then so be it. And if they need to disqualify me for having a private life, then so be it. I'm not gonna neglect my private life because of aoe.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:

I could ask you the same question: who the fuck do you thing you are - dugding a game where 200 ppl are waiting for your game :hmm:

As I said I'm not playing for them. I care about them, but my family and my gf are more important. So if I can't play, I can't play, and the amount of viewers doesn't change anything to this.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Kaiserklein wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:
Show hidden quotes

As I said I'm not playing for them. I care about them, but my family and my gf are more important. So if I can't play, I can't play, and the amount of viewers doesn't change anything to this.

I like your game play @kaiser but this is not good - If you join a tournament - you better join it 2 - or you should have a player in your place - a backup -sort of speak. ESO had enough of prima donnas :cry:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Scheduling games often seems to be a pointless endeavor. I mean you should try but don't be surprised when it obviously doesn't work out
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

We gotta agree that the schedule was a bit meaningless today. In theory we were settled, until players can't manage to follow it due to private reasons. ESOC can't do anything about that. We can just remove schedules from now on, but I don't think that would make anyone happy.
Fortunately every series will be uploaded to YouTube, so the content will be there, watchable whenever you want.

To make it even worse, I can announce that Ryan, Sam and roiarthurbis, Uhlan are going to play in a few minutes. Sorry for the confusion, I'd have liked to see it different, but it's just very hard to schedule something with 6 persons...!
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

iwillspankyou wrote:I like your game play @kaiser but this is not good - If you join a tournament - you better join it 2 - or you should have a player in your place - a backup -sort of speak. ESO had enough of prima donnas :cry:

I don't see what my gameplay has to do with anything, but thanks.
I joined a tournament yes, but I didn't think I would be given only 1 day to play my match.
A backup, well, this sounds pretty rude for the backup guy, also as I said how do you train with a mate for a team tourney when then someone else plays in his stead ? And why not reschedule instead, like we did, and play it 1 day later instead ? Is it so terrible ?
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

We try our best to get working schedules for everyone involved, and sometimes this does not always work out. It's just an unfortunate result of having a community that's spread throughout several different timezones. Unfortunately there's no good solution for this either. We could have tried to allow teams to have substitutes for this event, but it's not a perfect solution. The substitutes will not always be available when they need to be either.

These invitationals are our attempt at doing something similar to the Japanese 1-2 day tournaments, but it's a lot harder for us to organize than it is for them, as we often have 6+ hours of difference between timezones, whereas they are all on the same time.

I guess my point is that these kinds of bumps are almost inevitable in our events, and we hope you will continue to be patient with us in the future. :)
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

When we did the telethon we didn't really have much of a schedule because I knew that it would be basically impossible so instead we just asked people in chat when they wanted to play and it worked out really well.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

you should be more PRO about it then - dont keep 200 ppl waiting - its just so incompetent - dudes. --and to be honest - a lot of waisted time for our fans and spectators