Russia start?

No Flag OrangeRage
Musketeer

Russia start?

Post by OrangeRage »

Does anyone really like to make a blockhouse while aging to colonial or wait until you've aged and build with the 400 wood so you can gather food/coin? Building a blockhouse too fast seems to hurt your eco.

Overall does anyone know how darwin_giovanny does it? He's so OP with Russia it's ridiculous how he can just pull tons and tons of units out of nowhere and win a lost game....
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: Russia start?

Post by tedere12 »

make while you age
No Flag OrangeRage
Musketeer

Post by OrangeRage »

tedere12 wrote:make while you age

That's a lot of villager seconds on wood! It seems you have to because your opponent will always look for your forward blockhouse and react fast while your building it =/ Is that the reason?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

no, you need a forward shipment point so that the cossacks will be in base before he makes any units
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Russia does not age up very fast, has to build the blockhouse forward and blockhouses take a long time to build so you should do it in transition.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

OrangeRage wrote:Does anyone really like to make a blockhouse while aging to colonial or wait until you've aged and build with the 400 wood so you can gather food/coin? Building a blockhouse too fast seems to hurt your eco.

Overall does anyone know how darwin_giovanny does it? He's so OP with Russia it's ridiculous how he can just pull tons and tons of units out of nowhere and win a lost game....
You need the age up wood anyway. For houses, steel traps, optionally a TP.
But there are builds where you would delay it.
No Flag OrangeRage
Musketeer

Post by OrangeRage »

Goodspeed wrote:
OrangeRage wrote:Does anyone really like to make a blockhouse while aging to colonial or wait until you've aged and build with the 400 wood so you can gather food/coin? Building a blockhouse too fast seems to hurt your eco.

You need the age up wood anyway. For houses, steel traps, optionally a TP.
But there are builds where you would delay it.

I was practicing your double blockhouse build and it worked with "300 wood" and not "wood trickle" and getting a tp right away does not work for me. At the 7 min mark I do get 20-25 muskets + 5 cossack shipment and was wondering if that's ideal or not? Starting a new vill batch is delayed and not very consistent during this time because of the urgency of your timing.

I do get steel traps however and I ship the 700 coin then 5 cossack. I gather 225 wood and make sure I have 125 coin when I have aged and when I hit colonial I make the second blockhouse.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Make musk and bh, put one hand on dick and wait for hunts to run out
No Flag OrangeRage
Musketeer

Post by OrangeRage »

Hazza54321 wrote:Make musk and bh, put one hand on dick and wait for hunts to run out

You could get ff'ed on by OP shipment civ though
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

You can always send 300w first... :?
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

300w first is only better than trickle if you want to do hazzarov's OP 5-4-13 build, and even then he says trickle is better. You could do 300w first, get tp or two and age with 17 vills and ship trickle second, though that is most likely too greedy.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag OrangeRage
Musketeer

Post by OrangeRage »

Darwin_ wrote:300w first is only better than trickle if you want to do hazzarov's OP 5-4-13 build, and even then he says trickle is better. You could do 300w first, get tp or two and age with 17 vills and ship trickle second, though that is most likely too greedy.

Sending three unit cards in a row is OP?
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

OrangeRage wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:300w first is only better than trickle if you want to do hazzarov's OP 5-4-13 build, and even then he says trickle is better. You could do 300w first, get tp or two and age with 17 vills and ship trickle second, though that is most likely too greedy.

Sarcasm.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Hazza54321 wrote:Make musk and bh, put one hand on dick and wait for hunts to run out

Also try out the two hands on dick or going to toilet while camping on those hunts option for a completely new russia experience
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Darwin_ wrote:
OrangeRage wrote:

Sarcasm.

Its not really sarcasm right? 5-4-13 is situationally legitemate.

You get the blockhouse in transition because those things take literal ages to build.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Jerom wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Sarcasm.

You get the blockhouse in transition because those things take literal ages to build.

The OP part. It is quite good in some situations for sure, but not OP most of the time.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

jesus3 wrote:

Also try out the two hands on dick or going to toilet while camping on those hunts option for a completely new russia experience

I've heard three hands on dick is legitimate play style in some match-ups. Oh how far the meta has come...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Darwin_ wrote:
Jerom wrote:
Show hidden quotes

The OP part. It is quite good in some situations for sure, but not OP most of the time.

But that doesnt make it sarcastic. if it was actually sarcasm you were using the term OP to sarcastically call the build bad.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Jerom wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:
Show hidden quotes

But that doesnt make it sarcastic. if it was actually sarcasm you were using the term OP to sarcastically call the build bad.

Was I not? I said only in some situations, in most others, I thought I was implying, it is shit.