Historic Physiological reasons why Ashi are OP

would genet short legs make ashi slower?

no
18%
yes
7%
FUCK GODDAMN STUPID OP JAPS MUSKS!!!
49%
lol japanese ppl have short legs
20%
Im a huge tool and i love japanese!
7%

Total votes: 45

No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

drlegend wrote:What are genet legs and where I can get a pair for myself?

Ge?net/''d??enet/ audio

Noun: French diplomat who in 1793 tried to draw the United States into the war between France and England (1763-1834).

On second thought, you can keep your shit Genet.

[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81WU7ZUhl9L._SY355_.jpg"]

genetically*
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

adderbrain5 wrote:
jerom wrote:Theyre units are so OP that they are OP. Mobile FBs, sick musks, sick yumis, great cav, great cannons, decent anti cannon, great mortars, with everything getting a boost from the OP daimyos. Their eco is meh, but they can handle it by getting about twice the cost effectiveness.
in treaty though all that is so easily countable
Highly mobile military buildings (one of which has 200 attack and can train batches of ten artillery and consulate units) are easily counterable? Really?
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Consensus of top treaty players was that Japan was one of the three best civs (they considered them so strong that they werent allowed most games).
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

jerom wrote:Consensus of top treaty players was that Japan was one of the three best civs (they considered them so strong that they werent allowed most games).

yup :) , btw Jap?o art is not good
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Why is Japan OP in treaty? At least in 1v1 their eco is going to be way shit compared to most other civs. Ashi are OP but expensive even with the wonder and maintaining 125 military pop is gonna be a serious drain on the eco
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

drlegend wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:genetically*
The average Jap today is about half a foot taller than the average European in AoE3s timeframe.

I was getting more at the proportion of leg length to torso
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

jerom wrote:Consensus of top treaty players was that Japan was one of the three best civs (they considered them so strong that they werent allowed most games).

i''m well aware because I play mostly treaty now and yet I have no problem with Japan especially in no rush 55 I find myself just utterly raping them with iroqois forest prowler all day some Musket rider to stop the nags and the occasional light Canon to stop the moratoru. I think the reason why they''re not allowed in treaty is the export trade where they can spam consulate samurai four hours
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

adderbrain5 wrote:
im well aware because I play mostly treaty now and yet I have no problem with Japan especially in no rush 55 I find myself just utterly raping them with iroqois forest prowler all day some Musket rider to stop the nags and the occasional light Canon to stop the moratoru. I think the reason why theyre not allowed in treaty is the export trade where they can spam consulate samurai four hoursbut Ive never seen them disallowed really in all my treaty playing I do
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

adderbrain5 wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:im well aware because I play mostly treaty now and yet I have no problem with Japan especially in no rush 55 I find myself just utterly raping them with iroqois forest prowler all day some Musket rider to stop the nags and the occasional light Canon to stop the moratoru. I think the reason why theyre not allowed in treaty is the export trade where they can spam consulate samurai four hoursbut Ive never seen them disallowed really in all my treaty playing I doin my opinion even a fully upgraded British Army can beat Japanwith enough heavy artillery
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

adderbrain5 wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:

honestly I find Japan way more overpowered in rush because of the way they just explode and become unstoppable while at the same time being unrushable in the hands of a good player
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

adderbrain5 wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:
honestly I find Japan way more overpowered in rush because of the way they just explode and become unstoppable while at the same time being unrushable in the hands of a good player
Gonna have to disagree with the second part. They do indeed become unstoppable past roughly the ten minute mark, but their early eco is very difficult to manage. There is in fact a decent window in which they can be effectively rushed. Go after them with a double barracks xbow/pike rush. Use the pikes to kill shrines, use the xbow to kill the ashi or yumi that pop out (sending some pikes if he makes cav ofc). He will not be able to maintain a shrine eco and will die as a result of it.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

adderbrain5 wrote:
im well aware because I play mostly treaty now and yet I have no problem with Japan especially in no rush 55 I find rmyself just utterly raping them with iroqois forest prowler all day some Musket rider to stop the nags and the occasional light Canon to stop the moratoru. I think the reason why theyre not allowed in treaty is the export trade where they can sp am consulate samurai four hours

no doing That trade is just dumb in high level play its not cuZ of That of the why We consider Japan op
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

papist wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:honestly I find Japan way more overpowered in rush because of the way they just explode and become unstoppable while at the same time being unrushable in the hands of a good player
Gonna have to disagree with the second part. They do indeed become unstoppable past roughly the ten minute mark, but their early eco is very difficult to manage. There is in fact a decent window in which they can be effectively rushed. Go after them with a double barracks xbow/pike rush. Use the pikes to kill shrines, use the xbow to kill the ashi or yumi that pop out (sending some pikes if he makes cav ofc). He will not be able to maintain a shrine eco and will die as a result of it.

Im pretty good at rushing with Iroquois and generally yea its an easy gg when I play around the rank my brothers account is currently(16) and even up to 20s but i must be doing something wrong vs Japan because I recently went against a guy around 30 multiple times he recorded our game and when I watched on his cam lock he wasnt even looking at the fights we had and winning... I re him and same thing it was like the guy was barely trying and there was nothing I could do. Tried trashing shrines all over the map and he seemed to have no problem rebuilding them, shipping yumi beisteiro wood crate and easily outbooming
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I think you can only do the lock view from your perspective.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

jerom wrote:I think you can only do the lock view from your perspective.

when I watch it from his perspective the camera just jumps every few seconds from one building or area of the map to another is that the way it always isduring our fights his camera is on his TC
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

adderbrain5 wrote:
jerom wrote:I think you can only do the lock view from your perspective.
when I watch it from his perspective the camera just jumps every few seconds from one building or area of the map to another is that the way it always isduring our fights his camera is on his TC

yes it seems to be bugged and only react to his view when he uses find unit hotkeys or sth like that.

What you are describing is exactly what happens when I watch any of my recorded games from my opponents perspective, so it is surely not a cheat. Just a bug in the replay system.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

jerom wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:when I watch it from his perspective the camera just jumps every few seconds from one building or area of the map to another is that the way it always isduring our fights his camera is on his TC
yes it seems to be bugged and only react to his view when he uses find unit hotkeys or sth like that.

What you are describing is exactly what happens when I watch any of my recorded games from my opponents perspective, so it is surely not a cheat. Just a bug in the replay system.

I see
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

jerom wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:when I watch it from his perspective the camera just jumps every few seconds from one building or area of the map to another is that the way it always isduring our fights his camera is on his TC

I see thanks for confirming