Time to let Diarouga come back

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Re: Time to let Diarouga come back

Post by Mitoe »

Jerom, no offense, but I think this is exactly the sort of problem he's describing.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Jerom wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Jerom wrote:How to judge by esoc community:
- have absolutely no clue what youre talking about
- take lies for facts to compensate for the fact that you have no clue what youre talking about
- make a terrible judgement
- proceed to flame the staff

How to be Jerom
- Be an ESOC staff member and constantly attack the community while claiming to support it

How to be fightinfrenchman
- troll

How to be FightinFrenchman
- Create a great age of empires III podcast
- donate money to esoc because you care about the community
- Host an extremely successful charity telethon that saves thousands of lives
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Its just sad, diarouga has made letting him be part of esoc impossible and all people can or want to see is diarouga being mistreated by the villains of esoc.

Based on what he has done eternal suffering in hell seems like a more appropriate punishment than a ban.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Jerom wrote:Its just sad, diarouga has made letting him be part of esoc impossible and all people can or want to see is diarouga being mistreated by the villains of esoc.

Based on what he has done eternal suffering in hell seems like a more appropriate punishment than a ban.

Maybe this is why people call you a villain
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Thank you for yet another serious response! I am sorry to have ever even had the thought of you being a troll cross my mind!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Jerom wrote:Thank you for yet another serious response! I am sorry to have ever even had the thought of you being a troll cross my mind!

I'm glad that you have apologized for that thought, any other apologies you would like to make?
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

Someone else can confirm this but didnt Diarouga plan to spread the moes bar hacker to the entire aoe3 community? So in his eyes he wants to see all qs players doing moes bars hackes....
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

Jerom wrote:Its just sad, diarouga has made letting him be part of esoc impossible and all people can or want to see is diarouga being mistreated by the villains of esoc.

suffering in hell because of some flaming over 10 year old game? Seriously get a grip of your life lol, the fact you can even say something like that just says alot about you. especially from a staff member, i often question how you are staff almost everytime i see you post.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

giveuanxiety wrote:Someone else can confirm this but didnt Diarouga plan to spread the moes bar hacker to the entire aoe3 community? So in his eyes he wants to see all qs players doing moes bars hackes....

Im pretty sure he shared moesbar hacks with various community members.
He also harassed a community member by continuously calling him the n word, attacked moderators through skype, continuously flamed various forum members whenever he would get in a conversation with them and often even without doing so, he flamed both divinefire and pecelot quite intensively, made tens if not hundreds of forum accounts dodging his ban, and some other things.

Hes proven time and time again that he doesnt learn from his mistakes. Yes, he seems to like aoe and like posting about it. No, he doesnt seem to have the ability to do so without continuously making large missteps in terms of behaviour. The most recent misstep being that he threatened to smurf the next open tournament with as many accounts as possible. I dont even see how you could make a decent case for unbanning him within 6 months of his initial ban. After 6 months Id personally reevaluate but at this rate that evaluation wouldnt yield a positive result.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

__Uhlan__ wrote:

suffering in hell because of some flaming over 10 year old game? Seriously get a grip of your life lol, the fact you can even say something like that just says alot about you. especially from a staff member, i often question how you are staff almost everytime i see you post.

It was clearly metaforical, I dont get how you can take that literally.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Jerom wrote:
__Uhlan__ wrote:

You've said some dark things in the past which you claimed you "honestly" and "legitimately" felt.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Jerom wrote:
__Uhlan__ wrote:

Just like how the dark statements previously made by you were "jokes" and "sarcasm"?
Error 404: Signature not found
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

gibson wrote:
n0el wrote:I'm more than happy to explain. He is unable to change his poor behavior after being given more chances than he probably should have. There's no doubt that he contributes a lot, and that is appreciated by all. However, it doesn't give him a free pass to be a jackass. His latest comments that he didn't get his way so he is going to ruin the upcoming 1v1 tournament by smurfing continues to prove to everyone his attitude. His way or no way. It's extremely unfortunate because I'm sure many people (myself included) want to see the good Diarouga as part of the community and in tournaments. Hopefully the game and community lives long enough for him to grow up.
If being a jackass disqualifies one from playing in tournaments, why is diarouga the only player banned? I can understand why he's banned from the forums, but being banned from tourneys seems unreasonable, especially considering that he's never misbehaved in a tournament setting...... Speaking of that, I find it amazing that H2O is still allowed to participate in tourneys. First he completely stops trying after game 3 in the last tourney finals, and now he quits in the middle of a series. Him and Sam shouldn't even have been playing lol. I promise you breeze and goongod wouldn't have quit in the middle of a series. It already seemed sketchy that he got a spot without even giving goongod a chance to find a new mate (and breeze shouldn't even have been kicked out, but that's a whole different issue) and than he quits in the middle of the series? Don't even pretend like there isn't a double standard, cause its blatantly obvious to anyone with eyes that there is. But ye we'll just ban the guy we don't like for being a jackass but it's fine for the people in the inner clique to be a jackass, ruin tournaments etc.....

You forgot the treaty tourney lol
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

Jerom wrote:
__Uhlan__ wrote:

Well, I dont get how you can be so full of toxic. Show me your 'metaphor' in "Honestly, I hope you die". Stop being so toxic, you are an Esoc mod (or watever) ffs.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Mitoe wrote:@spanky4ever I see what you're trying to say, and while I know you're trying to be empathetic to his situation, recent actions have convinced us to wait a while longer before we consider unbanning him.

There were actually recent discussions about unbanning Diarouga, but his attitude towards members of the team—even very recently—have proven that nothing has changed as of yet. He is well aware of our conditions for him if he wants us to reconsider unbanning him, and as I have already stated the ball is currently in his court.

@gibson I can understand where you're coming from with this, but you have to understand that there's a lot more to Diarouga's ban than simple bad behaviour. This is his second permaban, and it will take time for us to decide he deserves a third chance. Regarding H2O: for the most part he has been more than accommodating in tournament settings, and has never engaged in flaming or similar behaviour on any of ESOC's outlets, be it forum, twitch chat, or youtube. Although his decision to forfeit from the 2v2 tournament was undesirable, he later told me that neither he or Sam felt willing to play the series even before it began, and were having little to no fun during the first two games. Neither of them had really played since their last match and this weekend was a tight squeeze for their schedules, leaving no room for rescheduling either.

And while I know I risk sounding biased here, I think that during the Autumn Tournament it is hard to blame him for being unmotivated to finish the series when they had already spent far more time out of game than they had in game. I believe the series took 130 minutes overall, and only 54 minutes (if I recall correctly) of that time had been spent in game. This is obviously unacceptable not only for a competitive environment, but also for live spectators, casters, and other staff. We are looking into creating rules for some kind of time limit between games in the later stages of our future tournaments as the number of required games grows larger.

Besides, H2O had also been perfectly willing to even jump in on the Skype call on the stream and talk about the series a bit before logging off; during which, he did not display any sort of inappropriate behaviour.

Regarding the decision to remove Breeze and Goongoon from the tournament I cannot comment on that. I am not a member of the tournament staff for the 2v2 Invitational and am not totally aware of all of details of that decision.

ye it was my fault. THe only reason h2o lost and gave up was becasue in game pauses were unusually long. You even read what youre typing or do you just shit it out. Ill give you some context. I waited like 2 hours for goongoon in my quarter finals, I was down 2-0 and according to what you just wrote it would have been completly understandable to just forfeit or give g3 away. Except that I didnt do anything of this and gave the people arguably one of the best,if not the best, series of the tourney ( this could have also been possible for the finalsif h2o hadnt just straight up given up after g 3). Forfeiting games or playing shitty on purpose is just as bad as flaming etc IMO.
I agree with gibby the double standards are strong and you constantly defending your mate is getting rather annoying.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I really like Diarouga, but I really don't see an argument against not letting him play (for now). To the people saying it's not fair: has there ever been anyone with Diarouga's record (of harassing staff members so much and intentionally trying to impede the ESOC site and events) that wasn't banned?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I dont really know how anything about h2o has anything to do with this topic.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

ovi12 wrote:As much as I would love to see Diarouga play, I really don't see an argument against letting Diarouga play. To the people saying it's not fair: has there ever been someone with Diarouga's record (of harassing staff members so much and intentionally trying to impede the ESOC site and events) that wasn't banned?

I think you mean you dont see any argument against not letting diarouga play (seems to make more sense in the context of your post).

Anyways, yes Id too like to see someone of diarougas caliber play. But atm he doesnt deserve that.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Yes I edited my post.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

ovi12 wrote:Yes I edited my post.

Triple negatives are tricky haha.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

gh0st wrote:
Jerom wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Well, I dont get how you can be so full of toxic. Show me your 'metaphor' in "Honestly, I hope you die". Stop being so toxic, you are an Esoc mod (or watever) ffs.

to be fair, i think jerom merely wanted to say that he sees no way of diarouga getting back to ESOC.im quite certain that he doesnt wish anyone to die:) He sometimes does have a bloomy way of expressing himself. Its also a bit sad to see that jeroms post quality has actually decreased over time and he has gotten quite cynical :( Still i like this 10 x more than those diplomatic nonsense posts other staff members frequently post. At least you know jeroms opinion( be it positive or negative). While some others hide it behind fancy words.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

lordraphael wrote:
gh0st wrote:
Show hidden quotes

to be fair, i think jerom merely wanted to say that he sees no way of diarouga getting back to ESOC.im quite certain that he doesnt wish anyone to die:) He sometimes does have a bloomy way of express himself. Its also a bit sad to see that jeroms post quality has actually decreased over time and he has gotten quite cynical :( Still i like this 10 x more than those diplomatic nonsense posts other members frequently post. At least you know jeroms opinion( be it positive or negative). While some others hide it behind fancy words.

I do think he wants to kill people, and I'm basing this on things he has told me
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I too am sad I experience, and thus post on, esoc more cynically. If you look around in this topic it might not surprise you though.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Mitoe wrote:@gibson I can understand where you're coming from with this, but you have to understand that there's a lot more to Diarouga's ban than simple bad behaviour. This is his second permaban, and it will take time for us to decide he deserves a third chance. Regarding H2O: for the most part he has been more than accommodating in tournament settings, and has never engaged in flaming or similar behaviour on any of ESOC's outlets, be it forum, twitch chat, or youtube. Although his decision to forfeit from the 2v2 tournament was undesirable, he later told me that neither he or Sam felt willing to play the series even before it began, and were having little to no fun during the first two games. Neither of them had really played since their last match and this weekend was a tight squeeze for their schedules, leaving no room for rescheduling either.

And while I know I risk sounding biased here, I think that during the Autumn Tournament it is hard to blame him for being unmotivated to finish the series when they had already spent far more time out of game than they had in game. I believe the series took 130 minutes overall, and only 54 minutes (if I recall correctly) of that time had been spent in game. This is obviously unacceptable not only for a competitive environment, but also for live spectators, casters, and other staff. We are looking into creating rules for some kind of time limit between games in the later stages of our future tournaments as the number of required games grows larger.

Besides, H2O had also been perfectly willing to even jump in on the Skype call on the stream and talk about the series a bit before logging off; during which, he did not display any sort of inappropriate behaviour.
I understand that he might not "have been having fun" in the 2v2 tourney or in the previous tournament, but quite frankly that's not my problem, not is it the problem of the 160 people who were watching the 2v2 tourney, nor is it the problem of the 500 people who were watching the finals of the winter tourney. In a small community like this where tournaments are few and far between, if you commit to playing you've gotta play and you've gotta not half ass it. If they didn't want to play, than they shouldn't have signed up. It's as simple as that. It's especially bad since they were playing in goongoon's stolen spot. Forfeiting in the middle of a series is disrespectful to your opponents, to the people watching, and to the people who organized the tourney. Especially if its for such a pathetic and childish reason as "I wasn't having fun".
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Jerom wrote:I too am sad I experience, and thus post on, esoc more cynically. If you look around in this topic it might not surprise you though.

I agree there are a lot of bad posts here, and some vicious posters, but I try to ignore the bad and focus on the good, because I actually care about the community.