2v2 tournament

New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Re: 2v2 tournament

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

pecelot wrote:So how do you prevent throwing games? He could just go afk for 5 mins or do a stupid strat, the result would be the same.

Being an Admin of ESOC means you have responsibily to you and your patrons. Its very childish to rage quit or throw.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I meant that with such a way of thinking when you feel that you can't win, you don't participate, cause you're focused only on victory and other result doesn't interest you, you don't play for entertainment etc.

Also I'm against such anti-throw rules in general, of course the style of it is not ideal, though I think you just can't prevent people from doing it. There was a discussion about that some time ago, I said the same there.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

pecelot wrote:I meant that with such a way of thinking when you feel that you can't win, you don't participate, cause you're focused only on victory and other result doesn't interest you, you don't play for entertainment etc.

Also I'm against such anti-throw rules in general, of course the style of it is not ideal, though I think you just can't prevent people from doing it. There was a discussion about that some time ago, I said the same there.

Lol how can you claim that he was only focused on victory and any other result didn't interest him? He quit which led to the only other result - losing.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

pecelot wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:Should perm bann from future tourneys but oh yes, he is an admin so no.

He's also like one of the best players in the history of this game, so that's more likely why no.

well, here we go, you are exacly meaning that it's not possible to take an action because he is top player, that's exacly shows how the judgement on eso-c Works...
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

deleted_user wrote:
pecelot wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:Should perm bann from future tourneys but oh yes, he is an admin so no.

He's also like one of the best players in the history of this game, so that's more likely why no.

well, here we go, you are exacly meaning that it's not possible to take an action because he is top player, that's exacly shows how the judgement on eso-c Works...

Ye it's pretty sad, being good at the game shouldn't mean you are immune to consequences!
No Flag subhanshu
Dragoon

Post by subhanshu »

Well true that we all wanted to see more games, but if _h2o (or any other player) doesnt want to continue, he can definately do so! (he was definately in much pressure, being the best player at one time and landing up in a 2-0 can be quite stressful)
As far as punishment is concerned, what we can do is- Add these new rules from the next tournament-(you cant leave the tournament in between)
and if then someone does the same mistake, he should be punished appropriately!
its not fair to punish someone for something he didnt do AGAINST THE RUlES! sure yeah, we all fans got disappointed, but punishment? really?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

deleted_user wrote:
pecelot wrote:

He just brings top-quality gameplay, is a winner of WCG, ASC and a runner-up two times and he would bring a lot of people to come and watch streams. Like I said, I'm not in favour of punishing people for this kind of behaviour, though a case was made already — MarechaRondon got invited after forfeiting. I don't see why we would have to prohibit him from entering ASC tournaments, although perhaps it'd be more doubtful in terms of the next team invitational... :hmm:
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Seriously guys why ban Ryan why punish him? Wtf u guys are thinking huh? without him we would never have come this far , think about that first! U won't be able to chat here without him , please think for a minute, he's a great player who got back many old players , without him u wouldn't have seen a tourney. Maybe aoe3 would be dead right now. Punish him for quitting is just stupid , it's his wish u need to accept it if u can't then shit.And what u guys are talking about is gonna hurt h2o seeing that if he quits aoe3 coz u guys are rude , game over gg.No more aoe3 no more shit, out, that's gonna happen.Past is Past so leave it,atleast we had some good games right? Yeah now no one respects him as he is the champion , he is that winner of WCG and many tourneys and a skilled player/talented player , everyone should give him respect , like as u do to ur elders , President.Hes an admin , pro u can't ban him and I won't accept it! What u guys say is correct he is a pro player so no, All over the world follow this right? Go and fight there ,go fight with ur boss , ur ass will be kicked , that's how it is , just please don't bann him, and please lock or close this thread is getting very toxic! Haha
:nwc:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

pecelot wrote:
deleted_user wrote:
Show hidden quotes

He just brings top-quality gameplay, is a winner of WCG, ASC and a runner-up two times and he would bring a lot of people to come and watch streams. Like I said, I'm not in favour of punishing people for this kind of behaviour, though a case was made already — MarechaRondon got invited after forfeiting. I don't see why we would have to prohibit him from entering ASC tournaments, although perhaps it'd be more doubtful in terms of the next team invitational... :hmm:

so, if someone acts bad and he is a bad player, ==> kick out
if someone acts bad but he is moderater ==> tolerate it

I think people can see the judgement on eso-c with this two examples...
Germany agrondergermane
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by agrondergermane »

deleted_user wrote:
pecelot wrote:
Show hidden quotes

so, if someone acts bad and he is a bad player, ==> kick out
if someone acts bad but he is moderater ==> tolerate it

I think people can see the judgement on eso-c with this two examples...

even if it's so, just stop crying and be an adult. all these esoc dramas are mostly bullshit.
-Deep down I know it's me, and deep down I know you are so jealous :).- Sir_Musket 2018
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Well, although I'm not involved in such tournament decisions, I'd say that your contributions matter as well. If you constantly shitpost, harass other people and flame on forums, you're less welcome than a regular user... And it's nice to see how you claim so despite the fact that no action has been taken nor a statement has been issued.
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
deleted_user wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Ye it's pretty sad, being good at the game shouldn't mean you are immune to consequences!

In a community with so few good players, that's kinda how it works sadly lol.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

We are working on this issue right now.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

pecelot wrote:
deleted_user wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Quitting in the middle of a tournament is not top-quality gameplay, it makes people not watch streams.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

We are currently working on this issue.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

It was disrespectful to his opponents.
I was disrespectful to the audience.

And ultimately disrespectful to himself.
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

pecelot wrote:
deleted_user wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Quitting in the middle of a tournament is not top quality gameplay, it makes people not want to watch streams.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

What is going on here?
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: Gear_Head

Post by Gear_Head »

deleted_user wrote:What is going on here?

The kids are fighting again. :unsure:
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Well before everyone grabs the pitchforks. I would like to remind people of players that did smiliar stuff: Bs_OP during summer 2016 afaik, Marechal_rondon during summer 2016, irishfaithful during winter 2016 ( tho at least he did forfeit before the match so a replacement could be found ), their might be more that im not aware of. So hes not the only player, but on the other hand no one has done this behaviour twice or actually thrice ( finals against me where he stopped caring after the azzie mirrror, 2v2 invitational and there was also this one smackdown vs garja where he just quit after 1 game, tho many player just quit in showmatches which is sad aswell).

Personally i would not prioritize him over any player in invitationals and stuff anymore and i would make a rule against forfeiting and throwing. Like either permaban or ban for a year something along those lines. But punishing him now with a ban would be a bit unfair aswell considering others didnt get punished for the same behaviour. You need a rule to punish someone otherwise its unfair. Frenchman is right ESOC should learn out of its mistake and in this case it would mean to make a rule against such behaviour,not banning him.You also you need a rule in which you state what should be done if players are late or if there are absurdly long pauses between games. Maybe a topic where people can post possibble rule improvements for future tournaments could be helpful here.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Advice for ESOC from me

1. Calm down
2. Agree that H2O breached unwritten rules of honor about giving people who showed up a nice game.
3. Do not take any punish-ary action
4. For all future tournaments, penalise rage quits and intentionally throwing games (casters or committee will have to decide what constitutes intentionally throwing games case by case)
Basically do not treat high-ranked players as special cases, but also do not penalise them for breaking unwritten rules. Fair enough?

(Woulda posted this before lord Ruffy but ESOC wasn't loading)
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

Challenger_Marco wrote:Seriously guys why ban Ryan why punish him? Wtf u guys are thinking huh? without him we would never have come this far , think about that first! U won't be able to chat here without him , please think for a minute, he's a great player who got back many old players , without him u wouldn't have seen a tourney. Maybe aoe3 would be dead right now. Punish him for quitting is just stupid , it's his wish u need to accept it if u can't then shit.And what u guys are talking about is gonna hurt h2o seeing that if he quits aoe3 coz u guys are rude , game over gg.No more aoe3 no more shit, out, that's gonna happen.Past is Past so leave it,atleast we had some good games right? Yeah now no one respects him as he is the champion , he is that winner of WCG and many tourneys and a skilled player/talented player , everyone should give him respect , like as u do to ur elders , President.Hes an admin , pro u can't ban him and I won't accept it! What u guys say is correct he is a pro player so no, All over the world follow this right? Go and fight there ,go fight with ur boss , ur ass will be kicked , that's how it is , just please don't bann him, and please lock or close this thread is getting very toxic! Haha
This game is already dead by the way. Agree, no need to ban him from tourney just because he didn't want to continue the series. Unless he doesn't infringe any rules, and he didn't
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

I don't see the reason to ban a guy who didn't want to continue his series. He did play his first series without any problem and in the second one he realized his opponents were better so forfeited to avoid a straight 3-0. Participants play to win money, not to make viewers entertained, basically. I don't think his purpose was to ruin a tournament or so. He didn't go against any rule and didn't despise his opponents. He said gg and forfeited. It's a decision which goes against himself. No need to ban I think. What he has done for the community is appreciated but it doesn't matter with how he behaves in a tourney. When he sign up he's on the same level of any other player and he has to follow rules, even if he's an admin. On the other hand he has done something morally wrong, because when he forfeited he caused the loss of his mate too.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

This thread dont make much sense to me :shock:
Even though it was unfortunately that H2Os team quit after 2 games, it was clear to most of us, that they really had no chance to win,- and after one more game, they would be out :idea:
The opposite of this happened in last tournament, think it was in a semifinal or a quarterfinal, when H2O played Garja in a bo7. It was clear to all of us spectators, and Garja as well (I think) that he had no chance of winning a single game. Garja was brave enough to play all his games, though everyone could feel how painful it was, and how little he wanted to continue. I would not spank Garja if he had quit after 3 games.

Being 2 hours late for a tournament game, or reschedule in the last minute, while 200 ppl are waiting, is way more disrespectful IMO.

Instead of wanting to punish one of the best guy we ever had, both as a player and a contributor to ESOC, - and using the argument that the same rules comply to everyone? you should ask yourself; what rules is that? Or should there even be a rule like that? Should not a person be allowed to quit if finishing the games would give the same result! and that this is clear to everyone :?: :?:
Or do we insist of having rules that only pains the players and the spectators - in MU that are hopelessly unwinnable?? Nah - I would not want such a ruling :hmm:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

iwillspankyou wrote:This thread dont make much sense to me :shock:
Even though it was unfortunately that H2Os team had quit after 2 games, it was clear to most of us, that they really had no chance to win,- and after one more game, they would be out :idea:
The opposite of this happened in last tournament, think it was in a semifinal or a quarterfinal, when H2O played Garja in a bo7. It was clear to all of us spectators, and Garja as well (I think) that he had no chance of winning a single game. Garja was brave enough to play all his games, though everyone could feel how painful it was, and how little he wanted to continue. I would not spank Garja if he had quit after 3 games.

Being 2 hours late for a tournament game, or reschedule in the last minute, while 200 ppl are waiting, is way more disrespectful IMO.

Instead of wanting to punish one of the best guy we ever had, both as a player and a contributor to ESOC, - and using the argument that the same rules comply to everyone? you should ask yourself; what rules is that? Or should there even be a rule like that? Should not a person be allowed to quit if finishing the games would give the same result! and that this is clear to everyone :?: :?:
Or do we insist of having rules that only pains the players and the spectators - in MU that are hopelessly unwinnable?? Nah - I would not want such a ruling :hmm:

Haha... lolololol
[Sith] - Baphomet