Team game blaming

No Flag OrangeRage
Musketeer

Team game blaming

Post by OrangeRage »

When is it fair to rightly blame someone for a loss and other times is it just dumb to blame others for the loss?

One example is when you are the one to fight off raids and attack 2 v 1 or fight the sea while your other two teammates boom and then say you suck because your eco is not as good as theirs.... or when someone ff's and you get double teamed as a result and your the one that sucks because you can't defend your herds 2 v 1
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Re: Team game blaming

Post by wardyb1 »

I think it's only fair to blame someone for a loss, when they a) don't play as part of the team or b) don't listen, which is also linked to part a). If you're the only one defending raids against double cav and you say that it's a problem and they still continue to ff/blame you then the loss is on them. If 2 people say rush, and the other guy proceeds to FI, then blame them. But if you all fb together, attack and then lose because the cav guy made 2 less cav and didn't micro properly, then it's probably their fault, however that's a situation where it's better to just point out the mistake, and avoid crossing the line into flaming/blaming because that's the only way people get better.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

You can never blame a teammate if you are playing 3v3 random with randoms... If you click green into this situation youre bringing it on yourself honestly.

Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Post by samwise12 »

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

always blame your mate if you lose
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner

Post by samwise12 »

the american way
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

blaming your teammates for anything has become the colloquial style in aoe3 years ago.
it doesnt even rlly matter if you loose or win a game, players just generally like to state that they play like greek gods on meth whilst everybody else is worthless trash.

3v3 randoms are just random.
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

gibson wrote:always blame your mate if you lose

or win. bec you obviously won 1 vs 2 !
No Flag OrangeRage
Musketeer

Post by OrangeRage »

AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:blaming your teammates for anything has become the colloquial style in aoe3 years ago.
it doesnt even rlly matter if you loose or win a game, players just generally like to state that they play like greek gods on meth whilst everybody else is worthless trash.

IT seems like 3/4 of games now have people that decide they are going to team. It sucks but it isn't like you have options when it comes to actually playing a team game.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

OrangeRage wrote:
AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:blaming your teammates for anything has become the colloquial style in aoe3 years ago.

IT seems like 3/4 of games now have people that decide they are going to team. It sucks but it isn't like you have options when it comes to actually playing a team game.

i noticed this too. Weird that some years ago, I kept searching for real team games (Team 1 vs Team 2) but everybody just wanted random.
This is why N3O was the best way for unstressful team games. No flames, just some bros and sisters having fun.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

samwise12 wrote:@H2O_

Post. Of. The. Year.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Cough 3xv 1xw
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner

Post by samwise12 »

what??
Germany Sydaphex
Crossbow

Post by Sydaphex »

Hi,
Iam not that confirm with the aoe3 online gaming community, but i learned from LOL, and there is always no reason to blame! Just focus on the game, dont waste your time and your breath....
Suche deutsches Team / looking for a german team.
Norway NoName
Crossbow
ESO: InsertESOUserName

Post by NoName »

macacoalbino wrote:You can never blame a teammate if you are playing 3v3 random with randoms... If you click green into this situation youre bringing it on yourself honestly.

In my experience it usually ends in instant resign in those random 3v3.
Green up in lobby, sees team balance is utter shit ==> instantly resigns, 5 minutes later it repeat itself & when next host want random teams.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

aaryngend wrote:
OrangeRage wrote:

i noticed this too. Weird that some years ago, I kept searching for real team games (Team 1 vs Team 2) but everybody just wanted random.
This is why N3O was the best way for unstressful team games. No flames, just some bros and sisters having fun.

That's something Ryan complained about when he was streaming team games at some point last year, he didn't really like randomness with maps and teams. Which sounds fair if you aim for competitiveness and balanced gameplay.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

milku3459 wrote:
samwise12 wrote:@H2O_

Post. Of. The. Year.

Except he misspelled the name :(
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Maybe it was on purpose not to notify him :uglylol:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

What you wanna do in a team game that you've lost is just stop making units and stock pile res so your score goes up and you can flame your mate for having a low score
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

flaming your team mate is bad manner - anyway you swing it! agree with @gibson
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Nothing wrong with a little blame gaming. And in the basement I'm pretty much always right.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

Tad team games= 90%mh, fake ranked, nobody able to Rush, Just boom and Lost vs asian civs. Games played like tr10. I can understand One that is able to play team games a bit become a flammer (except lucailgrande, he Just sux).
About tad There is Only One rule in team games: Who get the Most overranked and noob Lose This make You a blamer often
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

r4go wrote:Tad team games= 90%mh, fake ranked, nobody able to Rush, Just boom and Lost vs asian civs. Games played like tr10. I can understand One that is able to play team games a bit become a flammer (except lucailgrande, he Just sux).
About tad There is Only One rule in team games: Who get the Most overranked and noob Lose This make You a blamer often

I think you spelt nilla wrong ;)
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

Hazza54321 wrote:
r4go wrote:Tad team games= 90%mh, fake ranked, nobody able to Rush, Just boom and Lost vs asian civs. Games played like tr10. I can understand One that is able to play team games a bit become a flammer (except lucailgrande, he Just sux).

I think you spelt nilla wrong ;)

I think no
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

Well, team games have a lot to do with coordination and cooperation. You simply can't work with everyone. You won't have a proper team structure 9 out of 10 times. Bm is unavoidable from both ways.
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018