Team game blaming

Great Britain SirSouthwest
Crossbow
ESO: KingRossXIV

Re: Team game blaming

Post by SirSouthwest »

The problem is that many of the 3v3s I play these days are with 2nd lieuts & Master Sergs as these are the most numerous for this game type at the times I play. As a Captain who really enjoys a 3v3 it can get very frustrating when team mates don't do the basics right or even make a barracks or units.

I always try and be constructive with my criticism but sometimes they just don't want to hear it. When this happens I can launch into a foul-mouthed tirade espcially if they don't want to learn!
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

thats why you play 1v1
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Or play with a mate

Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

SirSouthwest wrote:The problem is that many of the 3v3s I play these days are with 2nd lieuts & Master Sergs as these are the most numerous for this game type at the times I play. As a Captain who really enjoys a 3v3 it can get very frustrating when team mates don't do the basics right or even make a barracks or units.

I always try and be constructive with my criticism but sometimes they just don't want to hear it. When this happens I can launch into a foul-mouthed tirade espcially if they don't want to learn!

If your team mate cannot make a barracks or units, I wonder how they could B 2nd lieuth or master sergents??? doesn't make any sense to me :idea:

(except for point trading)
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Team game blaming is just another excuse we use to protect our ego. Just like lag, misclicks, balance, you name it.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

iwillspankyou wrote:
SirSouthwest wrote:The problem is that many of the 3v3s I play these days are with 2nd lieuts & Master Sergs as these are the most numerous for this game type at the times I play. As a Captain who really enjoys a 3v3 it can get very frustrating when team mates don't do the basics right or even make a barracks or units.

If your team mate cannot make a barracks or units, I wonder how they could B 2nd lieuth or master sergents??? doesn't make any sense to me :idea:

sir_musketing
Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer
ESO: ramex19

Post by Veni_Vidi_Vici_W »

Jerom wrote:Team game blaming is just another excuse we use to protect our ego. Just like lag, misclicks, balance, you name it.

sometimes, not always ^^ Besides i feel there is a difference between just blaming and pointing out mistakes. The latter does help people to improve their play
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

Playing random is senseless, because it's unfair in the first place. As macacoalbino already has suggested, try to find a mate and play with him
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Veni_Vidi_Vici_W wrote:
Jerom wrote:Team game blaming is just another excuse we use to protect our ego. Just like lag, misclicks, balance, you name it.

sometimes, not always ^^ Besides i feel there is a difference between just blaming and pointing out mistakes. The latter does help people to improve their play

Constructive criticism is really different from what I usually see. It might not always be protecting the ego but also just frustration from losing sometimes. I've experimented a lot with constructive criticism when I was one of the better players in my football team and I found that it's really hard for criticism to actually be experienced as constructive.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

I just play 2v2's with a mate, or random if I am mates with everyone. I used to play 3v3 random a lot, but it was always with my clan mates so I never got screwed too hard.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Veni_Vidi_Vici_W wrote:

there's also a diffirence between veni blaming, veni pointing out mistakes and veni 1 hour lecture about the previous game.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Jerom wrote:
Veni_Vidi_Vici_W wrote:

Constructive criticism is really different from what I usually see. It might not always be protecting the ego but also just frustration from losing sometimes. I've experimented a lot with constructive criticism when I was one of the better players in my football team and I found that it's really hard for criticism to actually be experienced as constructive.

Meh, depends on people, these are just your own experiences. I can say quite the opposite usually.

princeofkabul wrote:
Veni_Vidi_Vici_W wrote:

there's also a diffirence between veni blaming, veni pointing out mistakes and veni 1 hour lecture about the previous game.

Grudge match BO5 2v2?????? :uglylol:
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

princeofkabul wrote:there's also a diffirence between veni blaming, veni pointing out mistakes and veni 1 hour lecture about the previous game.

Is there? I find these lectures quit painful to see sometimes. Dear Veni, I think it can be a relief for you to 'just let it go' more often instead of arguing 'you being right' (which you probably are).
IMO you're the best team player ever and you don't need above written. Here's a flower for you :flowers:
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer
ESO: ramex19

Post by Veni_Vidi_Vici_W »

Prince: very true, yet, that has contributed to where you are now ^^

Dietschlander: Thanks, though Im very good, not the best, that would be Blackstar probably.
And the lectures painful sometimes, hmm, ye, i can understand. Its why i have been doing that less than before as well. However, i know despite the fact that it can be annoying sometimes, it has helped many people improve a lot (faster) in aoe3 than without it. Its worth a lot too to enjoy playing better games, and also to see others improving and playing better :)
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

veni lectures best lectures
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

pecelot wrote:
Jerom wrote:Constructive criticism is really different from what I usually see. It might not always be protecting the ego but also just frustration from losing sometimes. I've experimented a lot with constructive criticism when I was one of the better players in my football team and I found that it's really hard for criticism to actually be experienced as constructive.

Meh, depends on people, these are just your own experiences. I can say quite the opposite usually.

My own experiences aren't negative. The team had some team expert guy (for funs, there were no struggles) to have us discuss things about the team stuff and people gave me a compliment for my constructive criticism. That doesn't mean it's not very hard to actually be constructive, and honestly borderline impossible to do after having just lost a game you really wanted to win.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

iwillspankyou wrote:

EZ, CDB rush
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Veni_Vidi_Vici_W wrote:Prince: very true, yet, that has contributed to where you are now ^^

Dietschlander: Thanks, though Im very good, not the best, that would be Blackstar probably.
And the lectures painful sometimes, hmm, ye, i can understand. Its why i have been doing that less than before as well. However, i know despite the fact that it can be annoying sometimes, it has helped many people improve a lot (faster) in aoe3 than without it. Its worth a lot too to enjoy playing better games, and also to see others improving and playing better :)

Veni is the mother of all top players :P
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Veni_Vidi_Vici_W wrote:Prince: very true, yet, that has contributed to where you are now ^^

I've watched you a lot during my „career" and although it may seem a bit rough, I think your intentions are genuinely noble to help people improve and learn from one's mistakes. I remember when I was watching random AoE3 videos on YouTube before starting playing online I saw you playing with Mike21Daisu and you got angry at him for not protecting your organs, which was not that nice, though certainly understandable, as it's a relatively simple task to do, but when neglected can lead to a game loss even. We played once 1v1 in a tournament and you gave me some advice, which I still do remember and it helped me developed over time. :)

@momuuu , perhaps it's just hard to distinguish constructive criticism and offensive criticism in a computer game, in which your only way of communication is text, with no facial expressions, voice tones etc. Though, still, I think it's possible. Instead of „why u no make huss u nob ?!?!?!?!?!?!" one could write: „perhaps next time consider switching to hussars sooner" etc.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

allthought you helped quite a bit, most of the work i did myself obviously when i switched mostly to 1v1.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers