Graphics Mod for ESOC Patch

Would you like to see the Building Textures mod added to the EP ?

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 40

No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Graphics Mod for ESOC Patch

Post by Omkar_Satapathy »

Hello everyone, I would like to know if you are intersted to see my Graphics Mod http://www.moddb.com/mods/graphics-mod-aoe3 added to the EP as an option. :flowers:
This poll is just for information, and the result doesn't mean the mod will be added or not, it's just to see first what people think about the idea. :chinese:
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Re: Building Textures mod for ESOC Patch

Post by musketeer925 »

Those are some pretty nice textures. Do you run into the replacetexture bug very much with just this mod loaded?
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

musketeer925 wrote:Those are some pretty nice textures. Do you run into the replacetexture bug very much with just this mod loaded?

I used http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=3579 to prevent the bug. It works 95% times.
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

So my observations with that fix (you'll notice I'm credited in Titan Joker's special thanks) is that it resolves it for the first game you play. However, if you play a second game without fully quitting the game first and reloading, all textures end up failing to load the custom ones. However, this is with a *very* large amount of textures (my experience is with WoL's implementation of this fix). I am not sure if that would occur with a smaller set such as in your building set -- try giving that a test and see if you have the same pattern with your mod.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

musketeer925 wrote:So my observations with that fix (you'll notice I'm credited in Titan Joker's special thanks) is that it resolves it for the first game you play. However, if you play a second game without fully quitting the game first and reloading, all textures end up failing to load the custom ones. However, this is with a *very* large amount of textures (my experience is with WoL's implementation of this fix). I am not sure if that would occur with a smaller set such as in your building set -- try giving that a test and see if you have the same pattern with your mod.

Yes sadly that occurs, I have mentioned about it in Known Bugs in my mod page.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

@musketeer925
Titan_Joker told me that only way to fix the problem is with Huanglukuzhu. He knows how to change texture paths to gr2 files permanently.
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

Yeah. It's a major problem for WoL, although I suppose with this kind of a mod it may be less of an issue. With WoL, buildingsets are created from a wide variety of different models, so replacetexture bug causes the set to suddenly be completely incoherent. To clarify, your mod never changes what model a civ uses for a building, and is only replacetextures? If so, that means RT bug would just make all textures revert to the default buildingset for the civilization, which is not really a big deal.

Remind me this -- would it be possible, if it were made an option in the launcher for each user, for one user with the default textures and one user with the texture set to play together in multiplayer without CRC or OOS? If not, the change could be controversial. If possible, and someone was willing to put in the work to integrate it into the launcher, I really don't see why there would be much opposition. I have always been in favor of a sort of "DLC market" sort of thing in the EP launcher that allowed third parties to publish modifications that could easily be applied to the EP, but I never got around to putting the work in for that.

If something like this were added, and were optional for users, my opinion is that it should not be included in the original download, but rather downloaded later by the launcher, to prevent bloating the EP launcher download size -- adding a lot of art content can pretty quickly inflate the size.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

@musketeer925 That's why most big mods like WOL don't use buildings upgrade with age up. They look same through out the game.
The good thing about this mod is that two players can play against each other in multiplayer if one has the mod, while other doesn't. I have tried it myself. It works great.
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

WoL does in fact have different building levels with age-up.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

WOL contains building upgrades only for civs that use old textures. New textures buildings don't upgrade as far as I am concerned. Maybe they will add more new textures only after some fix comes out for RT Bug.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I would vote for an optional feature. EP could be changed in that way, adding some more cool options with that, like for example the community taunt pack.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Another possible problem that should be taken into account is how will these new textures blend with all possible civ colors? It should be tested with all civs that received new textures.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

I don't want to force anybody to use these textures. It's entirely the choice of ESO Community. I made this post after discussing with Rikikipu and request from few others. If you wish we can leave the mod separate from EP. Anybody willing to use it can download it separately.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

musketeer925 wrote:Those are some pretty nice textures. Do you run into the replacetexture bug very much with just this mod loaded?

Finally solved the RT Bug .
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

Omkar_Satapathy wrote:

Finally solved the RT Bug .

How did you resolve it?
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Well you may check viewtopic.php?p=214246#p214246 to know more.