Epic 8 player FFA India Vs. Spain, France, Aztec

No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Epic 8 player FFA India Vs. Spain, France, Aztec

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

This is a golden gem of a game that I am greatful was recorded. The fight for me started in age 3/4 vs a 1st level (TR) spain who attacked me because we were both trying to boom off the resources of the crescent part of G plains. He Went to age 5 and then lost his base and would not give up for a while and rebuilt to continue to pester me. This is a player I have known a while.

This is a long write up because it its a looooong game and most wont want to watch to end.

I was neighboring a another 1st lt level (TR) player as France. Since Spain was not a worry and I did not want to let the France civ boom up too much (whos score was equal to mine) I attacked his him. I drained his eco and took out his base and set him on the run.

I was then facing raids from the Spain player, mostly using pike and lancers to try to break in my walls (I had 3 on that front). Meanwhile France sends in a last ditch Gend box at the edge of the map and gets all my wonders. and this allows a pike box/ lancers in my eco as well. After that then France resigns (after killing his remaing vills with some nats) and I'm left to track down the rebuilt Spanish colony. I kill all his FB and get spies after my fur trade, finding him rebuilt in the shell of another fallen player (who also rebuilt in his old shell, ironic!) Just as I drain him again and start killing all his infrastructure again my other neighbor an aztec.... begins his assult. He gets through my walls before I make my response...

He is a level 28 Captain in TR. Who boomed for 87 minutes before fighting. He had 10 layers of walls, and more to get to his firepit and economy. He pretty much never went off building defenses. His walls had 32,800 Hp. That takes about 44 shots from a Siege ele to break through.... times 10. not including how many he rebuilt when flanking my base.... Which his flanking FB was impossible for me to kill because the fight was on 2 fronts and his buildings do 191 damage with 26,000+ hp. So a few men left behind get easily cleaned up. My only option is to let him keep his flanking FB and deal with any units he sends when he does while concerting my main fighting force to chip away at his walls.

This is going to be a long fight, and it was, over an hour. of back and forth fighting in the narrows of his broken wall segments. I tried making a second opening too, but had problems with the build aura, so I abandoned that progress. I was basically hoping he would over respond to that side to give me more leverage where I was.

resources at start of fight, he had 90k food, 45k wood, 18k, coin. I had about 20k food, 28k wood and 58k coin.

at the 126 min mark He is well drained and I am about to break into his base.

So what motivated me through that.... well for one. To see if I could get through those walls. I can't remember any time anyone getting through 5 layers of walls when I have played as Aztec. Also I wanted to see show what True skill is to this player not relying on wall spam to win.

The real reasons he lost: using 300 wood card instead of 1000 coin. Not going off Building HP at all to spam army. So many walls his units only fought together when I was through most of them, and outing 15 vils on wall HP just was not necessary when needing food after all that fighting.

How the game ended.... 140 minsAnother player who is well known to me we have fought many times, had been watching a while after taking out an otto player and a france civ that had rebuilt in the spanish base. The Aztec guy with no eco and dozens of walls was just trying to drag things out. he had too much eco (even though he has never beat me in 1v1 he is getting better) for it to be a good fight at that point and I told him to just end it with a trade monopoly. Cause even though the aztec guy was never going to win, for a victory might have been another hour just to stop that kind of laming.
'
Was a real GG

final stats 4147 kills, to 3162 losses.

134k unspent resources.
914k total resources gathered.
Attachments
[RE SP] KommanderKebab[FR] vs HowlingWolfPAw[IN] vs toshiharu[AZ] vs Nyugame[OT] vs EpicAsianG[BR] vs Wardyb1[FR] vs TheConqueror228[RU] vs V_Bear[SP] - Great Plains.age3yrec
(2.11 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
Brazil Kickass_OP
Lancer
ESO: Kickass

Re: Epic 8 player FFA India Vs. Spain, France, Aztec

Post by Kickass_OP »

nice game
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: Epic 8 player FFA India Vs. Spain, France, Aztec

Post by tedere12 »

Kickass_OP wrote:nice game