perfect example of how teepees help sioux

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

perfect example of how teepees help sioux

Post by deleted_user0 »

There's been a bit of a controversy about how good teepees might be for sioux. I think it's become clear now that the economic advantage it provides is a bit negligable, although it's ofcourse pretty nice. The real strength however lies in the hp boost that comes with, which you can now afford due to the eco boost and the increased hp of the teepee. This might not really come into play in matches where sioux is the agressor, but in matches where they have to defend early agression, it means 1 or 2 shots extra tanked. And because sioux units are generally low hp but high dps output units, this is really important.
Attachments
[EP3 SP] Donald_Trump33[SI] vs The_LastSamurai[JP] - ESOC Mendocino.age3yrec
(430.93 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
ESOC Mendocino
ESOC Mendocino
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: ESOC Patch 3.0
Length: 11 minutes
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: perfect example of how teepees help sioux

Post by pecelot »

Is it viable on RE then?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

not sure if it is, because re teepees have less hp, so can be sieged down extremely easy. The most important difference however is that on RE the aura of the teepee is much smaller, but it actually might be vs some rushes. the eco boost is still nice though, so it might be a combining factor.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

This change is getting a lot of flak for going against the "minimal redesign" mantra of the EP team but it's quite brilliant, really. It makes Sioux feel very playable but still I've never felt they're too strong and still they are probably a civ you only play on TP maps.

The teepees give that just enough of a boost in defend-ability and economy that allows Sioux to reach age 3 more consistently where they were never a bad civ.
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

I dunno how good of an example this game was.. U had 3 teppees that gave u like 6 hp more. Also lasamurai rush was just bad. Even u sent 5 4 rifle first instead of 9 wakina and still held lol. Only thing I liked here is that u made teppees with 100 starting wood which is really smart idea.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Making two teepees off 100w might even be called common sense
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

AraGun wrote:I dunno how good of an example this game was.. U had 3 teppees that gave u like 6 hp more. Also lasamurai rush was just bad. Even u sent 5 4 rifle first instead of 9 wakina and still held lol. Only thing I liked here is that u made teppees with 100 starting wood which is really smart idea.

U focus on the wrong issue. The thing to note here arent the strats, i went too greedy, and he was too slow. But the fight is what matters. My rifle riders got extra hp which allowed them to take one extra shot. Considering how much dps rr have and how clutch that hold was, im 100% sure it was cause of the hp boost.

Also u have to send 5 rr first, its better than 9 wakina cause they just do way more damage. 9 wakina will be zoned out while the army just sieges, and he wouldve gotten my tc. 5 rr have the dps of 15+ wakina.
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

5 rr more dps than 15 wakina? if you micro them 5 on each ashi I dont think so but I get your point teepees are valuable. I guess the standard meta now is to make a few of starting wood instead of market or early TP.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I think Sioux is strong in the late-game, now. Personally, I'm sceptical towards increasing Teepee hitpoints.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

umeu wrote:not sure if it is, because re teepees have less hp, so can be sieged down extremely easy. The most important difference however is that on RE the aura of the teepee is much smaller, but it actually might be vs some rushes. the eco boost is still nice though, so it might be a combining factor.

I know, though I don't think you'll ever get the opportunity to siege down, let's say, 4 teepees in your opponent's base if you're simultaneously fighting with his army.

AraGun wrote:5 rr more dps than 15 wakina? if you micro them 5 on each ashi I dont think so but I get your point teepees are valuable. I guess the standard meta now is to make a few of starting wood instead of market or early TP.

ROF :idea:
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

lol, those Dogsoldiers got pritty op of it.

Solution to a teepee'd siege to your town: walls & raid
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

AraGun wrote:5 rr more dps than 15 wakina? if you micro them 5 on each ashi I dont think so but I get your point teepees are valuable. I guess the standard meta now is to make a few of starting wood instead of market or early TP.

1 wakina does 40 dmg vs heavy infantry with a rof of 3. 1 rifle rider does 48 dmg vs heavy infantry with a rof of 1.5. So while a wakina does 40 damage, a rr will do 96 dmg. maybe now you will understand why RR are the best choice vs a pure heavy infantry push. 9 wakina do 360 dmg vs hi per round of fire. in that same time 5 rr will do 480. Sure you can kite with wakina, but i didnt need kiting in that situation, i needed pure dmg output.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

but wakina with warchief aura can kill musk without lose a single unit. while rifle rider are fragile, and don't outrange musk
edit: it's always right to obey umeu's guide
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

warchief was dead. you can do whatever you want, don't have to listen to me. but im 100% sure in that situation i didnt need wakina, in fact if i wouldve sent wakina, i wouldve lost.

rifle riders arent that fragile either, that have more hp than 2 wakina, they just don't have range resist. and its true they dont outrange, but they do outpace, so you can still shoot and be gone before the ashi can shoot back. but you can also stand on top of the ashi and shread them really fast, like the 4 RR did when they came out. 9 wakina in that case wouldve most likely resulted in tc going down. 120 extra dps per shipment is just too much to ignore.