[RE] French mid-fortress strategy

United States of America Alohomora
Crossbow
ESO: Alohomora

[RE] French mid-fortress strategy

Post by Alohomora »

What is the strongest part of french fortress?
The way I play it is to mass with eco/military cards: sending 1000c+w for mass, then push 2 or 3 times with military shipments, but what after that?

Here's a game I played against Indian; I think I've been pressuring on him well after going up fortress, but still I lost :sad:
Attachments
[RE SP] BAJNOK1[IN] vs Alohomora[FR] - Carolina.age3yrec
(648.73 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Carolina
Carolina
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 34 minutes
United States of America Alohomora
Crossbow
ESO: Alohomora

Re: [RE] French mid-fortress strategy

Post by Alohomora »

no greedy early tc boom and tried to make use of units this time:/
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

1. you have a 1 cdb and 2 settler treasure in your side of the map, which will bring you a huge eco advantage. but you didnt get them until the end of the game. why?
2. you scouted that he age up slow with in-base wonder. and carolina is such a big map. why don't you start hussar raiding? you don't need musks at all, just raid with 5 hussar, 4cdb 700w or 4cdb 700w 700g and win.
3. you reached age 3 ahead of him, and he didnt have any cav. why don't you send 2 cannon right now to end the game before 10:00?
4. why don't you send 1000w-refrigeration+royal mint much earlier, as you have more units? you just sent 7 skirm, 5 goon.... when your opponent have 80+ vills you have only 40 cdbs.
5. when you have 5000+ food and no coin, WHY DON'T YOU SELL 3000 food for gold? you can easily spam tons of units immediately and push back.

what you need is to:
1. use the treasures. your musks and explorer walked by a cdb treasure, and left.... i don't know what you're thinking about.
2. adapt to the map and your opponent. you don't need musk if he doesnt rush you. i guess you'll still spam 30 musk before aging up, even if you're playing nr55 vs india?
3. seize the advantage. you should either push earlier (go cuir+skirm+cannon, and immediately kill his rax, stable, TC), or boom earlier (1000w 1000g or 1000w refrigeration much earlier).
4. know your civ. french is the strongest civ if you have a good eco, while india is relatively weak in late games. so why don't you boom?

to tell the truth i don't know what you're thinking about in a game. you just played like a programme that automatically spam musk in age 2 and cuir goon skirm in age 3, in every case. even AI can adapt sometimes lol.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Alohomora wrote:no greedy early tc boom and tried to make use of units this time:/

do you really "make use of units"? do your musks get any treasure? do you have hussar to raid? do you have cuir+cannon to push early?
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

@fei123456 best critic ever :love:
Great Britain _NT_sven
Dragoon
Donator 06
Clan: NTDE

Post by _NT_sven »

A little bit harsh though
Plum blossoms fall below the steps like whirling snow;
They cover me still though brushed off a while ago.

-Tune: "Pure Serene Music", Li Yu (937-978 AD), the Last Lord of Southern Tang Dynasty
Cape Verde Miqueias
Crossbow

Post by Miqueias »

for noob like us iĀ“m tell u, explore first then know what to do, dont follow a build order blindly, create one your self and adapt.... like a noob want get hunt dog in age1 (100 c and 100 w start) he find 50 c of treasure and still cut more 150 w for hunt dog and 1 house instead of use coin on market ( buy wood) to save time