France vs Russia

Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

France vs Russia

Post by macacoalbino »

Hey guys, so, I've been losing a lot to russia lately and I have no idea what should work against them. In this game I didn't really follow any BO, I was trying to musk semi, but forgot to make TP in transition, then I added it with 700w later. I tried to trap his army at some point with musk+MM and explorer but failed due to poor micro and some lag. After that I thought about aging up but didnt have many hunts so I decided to just mass and bring the hunt back to tc. After that I just screw things up pretty much. I just lost control of what I was doing. So what you guys think? was there really a time to ageup? Things I should do different apart from not losing units unnecessarily? Also, any thoughts on this controversial match up?

[attachment id="667"]
Attachments
[RE SP] MacacoAlbino[FR] vs Boumber[RU] - Great Plains.age3yrec
(681.4 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Great Plains
Great Plains
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 14 minutes

Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

France vs Russia

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Hopeless mu, imo just don't play this and change civ :happytomato:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

France vs Russia

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

tbh France it
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

France vs Russia

Post by macacoalbino »

bramboy wrote:Hopeless mu, imo just don''t play this and change civ :happytomato:
Everyone says France wins it, but I have no idea how :D

I tried everything, I''m not sure whats best. I think that a cav semi is better, but it''s quite hard to defend against early pressure (I must be doing something wrong). In this game I stay age2 trying to hold his attacks better, but then I couldn''t find a time to ageup and lost.

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

France vs Russia

macacoalbino wrote:
bramboy wrote:Hopeless mu, imo just dont play this and change civ :happytomato:
Everyone says France wins it, but I have no idea how :D

I tried everything, Im not sure whats best. I think that a cav semi is better, but its quite hard to defend against early pressure (I must be doing something wrong). In this game I stay age2 trying to hold his attacks better, but then I couldnt find a time to ageup and lost.
Just cav semi and harass him, dont waste your cav=>'gg
India _DB_
Howdah

France vs Russia

Post by _DB_ »

lol
France is best civ to counter Russia. It takes 43 shots for a strelet to kill one coreur with great coats. And those cossacks will just die to your TC and vils.
Musk + Huss wins this.
Here's a video how H2O got annoyed as Russia vs France.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjT6caSPB6w[/youtube]
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

France vs Russia

Post by macacoalbino »

diarouga wrote:
macacoalbino wrote:Everyone says France wins it, but I have no idea how :D

I tried everything, Im not sure whats best. I think that a cav semi is better, but its quite hard to defend against early pressure (I must be doing something wrong). In this game I stay age2 trying to hold his attacks better, but then I couldnt find a time to ageup and lost.
Just cav semi and harass him, dont waste your cav=>'gg
If he comes with 5cos+5musk, should I defend or raid?
Btw, should I age wth 13 vills? sometimes the opponent comes at me too early and I cant make 5 huss on time because I have to garrison basically everyone :P

Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

France vs Russia

Post by macacoalbino »

subzero wrote:lol
France is best civ to counter Russia. It takes 43 shots for a strelet to kill one coreur with great coats. And those cossacks will just die to your TC and vils.
Musk + Huss wins this.
Here''s a video how H2O got annoyed as Russia vs France.
[video src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjT6caSPB6w"][/video]
I''ll watch this, but no one goes for strelets early against me...

France benj89
Howdah

France vs Russia

Post by benj89 »

if he commits in ur tc trap him with mm+vills, if he doesn't just raid
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

France vs Russia

Post by macacoalbino »

benj89 wrote:if he commits in ur tc trap him with mm+vills, if he doesn''t just raid
Hould I skip steel traps or age with 13 only? usually I dont have the resources for 5 huss and mm so early. I research HD+PM+Great Coats and make a TP for semi-FF in transition.

France benj89
Howdah

France vs Russia

Post by benj89 »

well since I wouldn't semi ff vs russ in the first place I wouldn't make a tp. I would just basic start huss and then add musk.
normally by the time he comes u have time for ST + 4-5 huss + mm. great coat isn't that needed there (just put in tc a vill low hp) since u barely need them to tank but more to kill musks if he comes with 10 of them. And even 5 huss + ur vills win 5 coss+5musk anyway, but if you scout he press really early it won't hurt to delay ST
I never really played vs good russians so take my advice for what it's worth.
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

France vs Russia

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

method wrote:
bramboy wrote:Hopeless mu, imo just dont play this and change civ :happytomato:
Dont believe everything ur told

Im not, I know the matchup and I simply dont see France winning against a well played Russia on a decent map.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

France vs Russia

Post by Marco1698 »

diarouga wrote:
macacoalbino wrote:Everyone says France wins it, but I have no idea how :D

Just cav semi and harass him, dont waste your cav=>gg

lol like 30 units are attacking you and ofc 5 cav arent enough. The best is musk huss
No Flag yoda
Musketeer

France vs Russia

Post by yoda »

musk huss, start 1 rax, 1 stable, add a 2nd rax with 700w

raid as well

France vs Russia

Post by Marco1698 »

yoda wrote:musk huss, start 1 rax, 1 stable, add a 2nd rax with 700w

raid as well

yeah but you can go semi ff 5 cav raid a lot like diarouga said don''t waste cav. 3age cuirs and schirms kill everything that Russia has. It''s dangerous semi still because Russia can push hard and you realise those 5 cav aren''t enough to hold rush even you can add 8 bows and mm
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

France vs Russia

marco1698 wrote:
yoda wrote:musk huss, start 1 rax, 1 stable, add a 2nd rax with 700w

raid as well
yeah but you can go semi ff 5 cav raid a lot like diarouga said dont waste cav. 3age cuirs and schirms kill everything that Russia has. Its dangerous semi still because Russia can push hard and you realise those 5 cav arent enough to hold rush even you can add 8 bows and mm
vs a rush you can semi. The real problem is if he does a timing like 5coss/700w/700g/4coss, he will kill your semi 5 huss.

France vs Russia

Post by Marco1698 »

diarouga wrote:
marco1698 wrote: yeah but you can go semi ff 5 cav raid a lot like diarouga said dont waste cav. 3age cuirs and schirms kill everything that Russia has. Its dangerous semi still because Russia can push hard and you realise those 5 cav arent enough to hold rush even you can add 8 bows and mm
vs a rush you can semi. The real problem is if he does a timing like 5coss/700w/700g/4coss, he will kill your semi 5 huss.

hmm and if he goes 5coss 4coss is pretty hard. If you still win is only because you have a really good unit control then
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

France vs Russia

Post by _venox_ »

I wouldn't start 2 military buildings early, he could rush you at minute 5.10 and then you have nothing to defend, he will garrison your vills and you can't fill your batches, again starting 1 building would've been better in that case. Also you get your units out at 5.30 and not at 6 for 4huss 5musk.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.

France vs Russia

Post by Marco1698 »

venox wrote:I wouldn''t start 2 military buildings early, he could rush you at minute 5.10 and then you have nothing to defend, he will garrison your vills and you can''t fill your batches, again starting 1 building would''ve been better in that case. Also you get your units out at 5.30 and not at 6 for 4huss 5musk.

I watched a nagayumi rec where he aged with 13cdb to hold the rush
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

France vs Russia

Post by _venox_ »

Did he start 1 or 2 buildings and what cards did he send? Without this information the 13 vill age up is of no use.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

France vs Russia

marco1698 wrote:
venox wrote:I wouldnt start 2 military buildings early, he could rush you at minute 5.10 and then you have nothing to defend, he will garrison your vills and you cant fill your batches, again starting 1 building wouldve been better in that case. Also you get your units out at 5.30 and not at 6 for 4huss 5musk.
I watched a nagayumi rec where he aged with 13cdb to hold the rush
He also uses to 12/10 but 14 cdb is better :P

France vs Russia

Post by Marco1698 »

diarouga wrote:
marco1698 wrote: I watched a nagayumi rec where he aged with 13cdb to hold the rush
He also uses to 12/10 but 14 cdb is better :P

sure 14 is better but sometimes u cant hold rush
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

France vs Russia

marco1698 wrote:
diarouga wrote:He also uses to 12/10 but 14 cdb is better :P
sure 14 is better but sometimes u cant hold rush
If you age with 13 you will maybe hold but when hell back youll loose. And btw, I dont see when you cant hold a rush as France on a balanced map.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

France vs Russia

Post by _venox_ »

venox wrote:Did he start 1 or 2 buildings and what cards did he send? Without this information the 13 vill age up is of no use.