Instant Shots

No Flag patrick456
Crossbow

Instant Shots

Post by patrick456 »

at 2.30 when Tinysoda is trying to get the 65f treasure
how is it possible to do that 3 instant shot in a row?
Attachments
[RE SP] Patrick456[JP] vs Tinysoda[OT] - Yellow River.age3yrec
(415.82 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
Yellow River
Yellow River
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 15 minutes
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Instant Shots

Post by Kaiserklein »

It's a glitch that I'm not going to explain
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Otto explorer has that 3 shot ability to compensate for how weak otto are on re
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Damn, that's a nasty glitch. Haven't seen it before, but figured it out pretty much instantly from this rec.
I'll see what we can to fix this on EP.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

He has also handicap cheat.

He gathers 18 gold with 2 vills on gold mine without market in 10 seconds. That's almost 1g/s gathering rate. That's very legit. Also nice 2:10 age up with 0 food crates, 0 treasures and bad macro.

He is using around 10-25% handicap cheat. Some sherlock can find out better. He has the same in EP btw,
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Never trust chinese players in aoe 3 basically.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

to top it all off , he lags more than tit and kynesie in a 4v4
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

yeah i saw the record and it is obvious he has a handicap cheat. don't play with this guy
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag dave_12
Skirmisher

Post by dave_12 »

somppukunkku wrote:He has also handicap cheat.

He gathers 18 gold with 2 vills on gold mine without market in 10 seconds. That's almost 1g/s gathering rate. That's very legit. Also nice 2:10 age up with 0 food crates, 0 treasures and bad macro.

He is using around 10-25% handicap cheat. Some sherlock can find out better. He has the same in EP btw,

Lol and I just thought i suck when i lost vs him
What a cunt
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yea now I understand better why I lost to him on ep
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

He has handicap cheat on resources gathered but not on crates gathering. Gold income with 2 vills is close to 2/s which means it's about 100% more gathering, at least on gold.

As for the triple shot I just discovered the glitch. It actually takes some skill and it's not even that useful vs strong guardians because you get meeleed anyway.
It's a bit like the side stepping thing, I mean only problem I see is that ranged explorer clearly have an extra advantage (on top of the side step even).
Also biggest problems is perhaps that this guy is clearly using a macro to do it 3 times in a row that fast, which makes it clearly glitch exploit or macro cheat rather.
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Kaiserklein wrote:Yea now I understand better why I lost to him on ep

youre unbeatable otherwise <3
No Flag dave_12
Skirmisher

Post by dave_12 »

Garja wrote:He has handicap cheat on resources gathered but not on crates gathering. Gold income with 2 vills is close to 2/s which means it's about 100% more gathering, at least on gold.

As for the triple shot I just discovered the glitch. It actually takes some skill and it's not even that useful vs strong guardians because you get meeleed anyway.
It's a bit like the side stepping thing, I mean only problem I see is that ranged explorer clearly have an extra advantage (on top of the side step even).
Also biggest problems is perhaps that this guy is clearly using a macro to do it 3 times in a row that fast, which makes it clearly glitch exploit or macro cheat rather.

How did he do it?
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

If anyone has knowledge about how the above-mentioned "handicap cheat" works or files associated with it (or any other cheats), please PM them to me here or on Discord.

The EP does have anti-cheating measures, but we can only block things when we know how they work. We can't just tell the game "hey please don't let anyone cheat anymore, kthxbai". We've blocked a lot of things, but as AoE3 is a pretty old game, its security model is pretty bad, and there's probably more out there we don't know about.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

musketeer925 wrote:If anyone has knowledge about how the above-mentioned "handicap cheat" works or files associated with it (or any other cheats), please PM them to me here or on Discord.

The EP does have anti-cheating measures, but we can only block things when we know how they work. We can't just tell the game "hey please don't let anyone cheat anymore, kthxbai". We've blocked a lot of things, but as AoE3 is a pretty old game, its security model is pretty bad, and there's probably more out there we don't know about.

The problem is that I don't think anyone is going to show up and say "Hey, look at my great cheats, let me explain how they work". I think to get that you need to find cheater friends james bond 007 style.

I have also another cheating suspect about one other player, like I had about this tinysoda, but it's quite impossible to prove (completely 100%) so I'll just leave it inside my mind and not say it publicly.

However, if admin wants the name I can say it on PM
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Garja wrote:As for the triple shot I just discovered the glitch. It actually takes some skill and it's not even that useful vs strong guardians because you get meeleed anyway.

You can for example use it in an explorer war whenever a treasure guardian is in range and kill the other explo really fast. It's very exploitable. And very easy to do when you set a hotkey.

It should probably be against tourney rules btw. I could just start killing a ton of units sieging my tp just using that glitch, as long as a treasure is nearby.
And if you're iro, you can even do it without a treasure guardian.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Garja wrote:As for the triple shot I just discovered the glitch. It actually takes some skill and it's not even that useful vs strong guardians because you get meeleed anyway.

You can for example use it in an explorer war whenever a treasure guardian is in range and kill the other explo really fast. It's very exploitable. And very easy to do when you set a hotkey.

It should probably be against tourney rules btw. I could just start killing a ton of units sieging my tp just using that glitch, as long as a treasure is nearby.

1v1 now?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

somppukunkku wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:

1v1 now?

I'm eating now
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

somppukunkku wrote:The problem is that I don't think anyone is going to show up and say "Hey, look at my great cheats, let me explain how they work".

This has happened quite a lot, actually. Most cheaters use some files developed by someone else that get shared around, and eventually someone who wants to help gets ahold of them. I have copies of most of the commonly distributed cheat files.

Years ago, I also had a long conversation with moesbar, who helped us identify and patch up a bunch of cheats we didn't have before.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Kaiserklein wrote:

Ye I just thought the exact same. Very exploitable, prob should be included in forbidden glitches. Tho it's really funny ahah.
Image Image Image
No Flag irage
Musketeer

Post by irage »

That noob doesnt even know how to cheat properly, there is no way u can fix cheats , million ways to work around, u can even cheat on recorded games basically , i have said this before once here i guess when ep was released
No Flag dave_12
Skirmisher

Post by dave_12 »

Still don't know how he did the tripple shot. Does he use crackshot but cancels it or something?
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Hopefully this will be patched soon. @Kaiserklein Exploits of any kind are already against the tournament rules, and I sincerely doubt anyone could cheat like this in a tournament series as there's usually more eyes on a tournament series than on a random game.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Well thing is this exploit is very borderline because, while certainly not intended, it is still basically just a micro trick. Honestly the only scenario where it can abused super hard is with the iro war chief, altho even in that case you need to renunce to the special crackshot which is already quite a trade off. Actually I'm not sure it should be banned preemptively until someone really shows how abusable it is.
If anything it could be banned vs opponent units but not against treasure guardians, otherwise I don't the see how the side stepping isn't bug exploit as well.
Image Image Image
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Mind you that I haven't ever seen the bug in question. From the way I'm reading this, it allows you to crackshot more than one enemy within the cooldown. That, in my book, is in line with abusing an exploit and against the tournament rules, no matter how much skill abusing said bug might require.