Please give me some feedback.

Scotland grip_of_lron
Crossbow
ESO: I'll tell u later

Please give me some feedback.

Post by grip_of_lron »

Great Plains (me) Brit vs France.

I've never had any feedback about what i do wrong/right on AOE3. I think i could benefit from some tips.

This game was against a 2Lt.

I Wasn't sure whether to push or try and outboom France. I knew the Fortress and 2 falc shipment was coming, and i didn't think i could beat him in aging up, so i didn't want to play into his timing. I dislike having a mass of musks sit in my base.. Was it smart to play defensively in this situation? Should i have thrown in another barracks earlier? Should i have tried to defend my forward barracks?

I'm shit. Thx for reading xoxo.
Attachments
[RE SP] titansblade[BR] vs Eraldo[FR] - Great Plains.age3yrec
(455.48 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Great Plains
Great Plains
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 17 minutes
Australia Timba
Skirmisher
ESO: Timba_

Re: Please give me some feedback.

Post by Timba »

Hey grip_of_Iron, I can give some feedback but I'm not much better than you so don't take it too seriously. The main thing I will say is to spend your resources. Spend the wood that you ship immediately, making manors and another military building (barracks or stable), and other market upgrades. If you can get batches of musketeers (or any other unit) out while still floating resources, then another military building is needed. You had over 3k unspent resources at the end of the game, which could have given you an extra 30+ musketeers or other units to help in the fight.

Another thing is adaptation. Once you saw that the French player had aged, you should be thinking about pushing in with your army before they get their upgrades and shipments in (vet musk, 2 falc). And, after your falcs died (unfortunate positioning), you should be thinking about how to counter the 4 falcs (by making a stable and training huss, as well as shipping 5 huss rather than 1k wood).

I hope this helped and didn't come across as patronising. :flowers:

Here is a link to a guide made by Mitoe on the British civ: /viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12460

Side note: @Dror might be interesting in casting this and giving feedback?
The best moment I've ever seen in AoEIII: youtu.be/LuMcFUjt6zQ?t=12m
Scotland grip_of_lron
Crossbow
ESO: I'll tell u later

Post by grip_of_lron »

Thanks very much for your feedback. Yeah i realised i floated a lot of resources (a ton of wood). Staying 1 rax was probably stupid too, as i couldn't really spend my resources fast enough at 1 rax ? I wanted to mix some hussar but wasn't confident enough to do it. Figured if he keeps spamming musk my huss will be a bit useless, except for raiding.

I also never tend to ship units (excluding falc) unless i don't have any other option. Maybe those 5 huss could have saved me though.

Thanks again.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

@grip_of_lron first off let me say, wow, thanks for asking for feedback. That's very brave of you, you're putting yourself out there and you feel vulnerable because of that.

Overall it was a good game. You did well and believe me when I say that, yes, I definitely watched it.

Because I watched it I can be very sure of what exactly you're doing wrong.

1) herd better
2) always make villagers
3) spend your resources and never take a fight while banking resources
4) be proactive with your army if you can
5) send better cards at better times

Other than that you're well on your way to improving mate!