Japan mirror on ESOC Florida

Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Japan mirror on ESOC Florida

Post by chris1089 »

Hi, this is a Japan mirror on ESOC Florida, no clues from the title, which I played a couple of days ago. I thought it was a pretty close game, and I hope you enjoy watching it. Serious feedback as to how I could improve would be welcome. Thanks
Attachments
[RE SP] chris1089[JP] vs SuZiDo[JP] - ESOC Florida.age3yrec
(476.34 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
ESOC Florida
ESOC Florida
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 24 minutes
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Japan mirror on ESOC Florida

Post by deleted_user »

@chris1089 loved the game. Very refreshing to see your build order, I think it has fallen out of favor at the top levels but I'm not so sure that it should have. Nice decision making and you sure owned that noob! Haha
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Here are the mistakes I saw:
1) You're probably aware of it, but you should make sure that you build your consulate early. In this game you started it at 1 min and thus had to put 3 vills on it, and waste a lot of VS.
2) You overgathered wood. 37 wood is almost 80VS so you're delaying your age up by more than 5sec, which is huge. As a result of these mistakes you start aging at 3:35, while it should be 3:00.
3) At 7min or so you had 800w in bank lol. You should spend it faster: build more shrines (you were on /160), more market upgrades, build TPs if you still have wood. 800w means you could have had 8 more ashis instead.
4) In the current meta, it's good to age up in jap mirrors. Here , instead of sending the daymio it should have been 600c to age. Btw you should scout more. Did you identify the water boom? Because you should have looking at his deck.
5) Put your daymio in defence mode, else he will auto attack and die like in this game. I'd say that at your level you shouldn't send the daymio because you're just going to waste it.
6) Don't send 600w at 14min. There are plenty of better shipments, for instance Chonindo (+8% eco ie 4vills here) or 600c. You had 300w unspent in bank. Also try to replace your shrines, because you should always try to be /200.
7) Put some ashis in hand combat vs naginatas because they have a bonus.
8) Spend your export. You had 400 export at 17min, it could have been units for extra sieging on shrines. Also you forgot your 7 bows at the consulate. They were iddled for like 10min, that's a HUGE mistake.
9) 20% on plantations, come on. Why not 600c or even 5 yumis?

Overall I'd say that your biggest issue (like often at that level) is your macro. You're late on everything: you age late, you get units late, less eco and as a result less units etc.
My advice is that you should watch games of top players executing the jap mirror build, and repeat it vs comp until you get the same timings.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

diarouga clearly did not watch the rec and is just trolling you
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor

Post by chris1089 »

I Barely remember this game now tbh but if I remember correctly diagrouga is probably right on the consulate and macro. I improved my macro quite a lot to improve overall and so his critiques are most likely correct. @deleted_user4 I am glad you appreciated it. Maybe I should post some more recs now I am a bit better.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Please do!
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor

Post by chris1089 »

I'll record more of my games again and post if I get a close one.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor

Post by chris1089 »

I have a feeling I got trolled rather badly
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

the rule with the cons, if you wanna build it with 1vill it has to be started before 30 seconds game time or u get housed
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

It's pretty easy, just task 1 beginning vil to wood and the other 5 to food crates, each vil gathers 20 food at a time from crates, so this way you que your first vil early, after you que your first vil move one vil from food to wood so you have to vils on wood crates and drop the consulate asap on 200w and you'll have it up in plenty of time to build a shrine before you're popped as long as you set it to port cons right when it gets built.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

In general vill micro early on can save you up to 30 secs because it will also affect whether or not you queue another vill before dropping the wonder.
Image Image Image