British VS Japan - Noob LF advice

No Flag winjhergs
Crossbow

British VS Japan - Noob LF advice

Post by winjhergs »

So I have been trying to play AoE 3 again after a long time. Did this quick game against, Japan.
Any tips on what I could have done better?
(One thing I knew I did wrong was not keeping up the villager queue)
Attachments
[RE SP] winjhergs[BR] vs SportySpinMove[JP] - Siberia.age3yrec
(472.4 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
Siberia
Siberia
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 24 minutes
No Flag fatalimperium
Crossbow

Re: British VS Japan - Noob LF advice

Post by fatalimperium »

I didn't see the whole rec but I saw a few things:

- Don't use the same vill to make the 2 starting manors, use 2 differents vills so you can have that extra villager collecting earlier.

- With 3 manors you can age up with 18 vills perfectly fine, 16 vills is good when you make only one house.

- With brits is good in transition to second age to move almost all your vills to wood, get a market (gangsaw and hunting dogs), 1 or 2 manors and collect 325 extra wood for a barracks and steeltraps. You made a market later but not a single upgrade till several minutes after.

- Always keep in mind what is the cost of the units you're making to balance your macro, musk cost 75 food and 25 gold, so you have to balance your vills in more or less that percentage. After the age up you put more vills in gold than in food even when you aged with the 200 coin with the tower.

- You should queue a single unit, then when is about to finish the batch, complete to five. You made the barrack and queued 9 musk :shock: That way you have "useless" resources invested in things that you can`t use yet, with all that food and gold for 9 musk you could get a lot of market upgrades, still have the same units out at the same time and also a smooth vill production.

- Vs japan is better to go longbow+pike instead of musk.

- And the last thing... I think it's almost impossible to play good brits without having 700w and 600w in deck, you should add those cards to your deck inmediately.

I hope this help, feel free to ask for more detailed things :) gl hf and sorry my english :cry:
No Flag winjhergs
Crossbow

Re: British VS Japan - Noob LF advice

Post by winjhergs »

fatalimperium wrote:I didn't see the whole rec but I saw a few things:

- Don't use the same vill to make the 2 starting manors, use 2 differents vills so you can have that extra villager collecting earlier.

- With 3 manors you can age up with 18 vills perfectly fine, 16 vills is good when you make only one house.

- With brits is good in transition to second age to move almost all your vills to wood, get a market (gangsaw and hunting dogs), 1 or 2 manors and collect 325 extra wood for a barracks and steeltraps. You made a market later but not a single upgrade till several minutes after.

- Always keep in mind what is the cost of the units you're making to balance your macro, musk cost 75 food and 25 gold, so you have to balance your vills in more or less that percentage. After the age up you put more vills in gold than in food even when you aged with the 200 coin with the tower.

- You should queue a single unit, then when is about to finish the batch, complete to five. You made the barrack and queued 9 musk :shock: That way you have "useless" resources invested in things that you can`t use yet, with all that food and gold for 9 musk you could get a lot of market upgrades, still have the same units out at the same time and also a smooth vill production.

- Vs japan is better to go longbow+pike instead of musk.

- And the last thing... I think it's almost impossible to play good brits without having 700w and 600w in deck, you should add those cards to your deck inmediately.

I hope this help, feel free to ask for more detailed things :) gl hf and sorry my english :cry:

Alright, noted :) Thanks for the response!