Version: ESOC Patch 2.0
Length: 21 minutes
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: [EP2.0] Jerom (Dutch) vs aligator92 (British) on Mendocino

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

So how is dutch now? I didn't have the time to watch your games.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Undecided. I got rekt this game but then microd myself back into it. The other two recs are vs russia, in which I dont do what I should do, but I think bank wagon 700w colonial militia 600w (ormaybe those inversed) is going to beat russia. You get 4 shipments in colonial if you make like 13 pop of units, so against timing pushes maybe cm can be viable.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Jerom wrote:Undecided. I got rekt this game but then microd myself back into it. The other two recs are vs russia, in which I dont do what I should do, but I think bank wagon 700w colonial militia 600w (ormaybe those inversed) is going to beat russia. You get 4 shipments in colonial if you make like 13 pop of units, so against timing pushes maybe cm can be viable.

What we can wonder though is if some games vs some pr30- guys are meaningful. I remember that I thought that iro was viable because I raped some noobs.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Youre amazing.

But yes I agree although I do know where I stand compared to these players so I can express some sort of feeling. That being said I also said idk. Could you maybe look at this rec some time and tell me how I shouldve played it.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Jerom wrote:Youre amazing.

But yes I agree although I do know where I stand compared to these players so I can express some sort of feeling. That being said I also said idk. Could you maybe look at this rec some time and tell me how I shouldve played it.

I will maybe when I ll have time.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Jerom tier 1
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

+
1) Good macro

2) At 12min that was a good move to try to take a good positioning (sadly, he moved and turned it into a bad fight for you :( ).
-
1) The BO was bad, you basically delayed the bank to build a TP, just delay the TP to build the bank lol, a bank is better than 1 TP (if you want to commit to a TP play, which is bad, build 2 TP while aging, you can't delay the bank just for an earlier TP).

2) You scout VC, a lot of vills on wood and a rax, it's of course going to be a pike semi ff, the counter would be to straigh ff, making huss just delays your age up for nothing.

3) You don't even use your huss, you should of course raid and at least scout him, you would see that he has 2 stables, it's a very important information you can easily gather with 5huss.

4) When you're playing dutch vs brit, you're the one who defends, so going half map just resulted in you wasting some skirms and you would have lose all your skirms if he had 10 huss. You should consider to boom more, like send 1000g after 1000w.

5) The 2nd rax is questionnable. Keep in mind that you have to kill his lb, and how? Not with a skirm/goon clearly. In this situation, you can either build a 2nd stable (if you assume you're better than your opponent and can abuse your mobility to raid etc, and win a fight with your huss), or simply build an artillery foundry, and make some falcs. If he adds culvs that's fine, make sure you have more culvs than him.

6) At 15min, after winning that fight, you decide to push and waste your army. You have a better eco and a lot of resources left, why do you push? Just boom more than him and wait, pushing your opponent's hunts when you don't have a huge army is the best way to take a bad fight.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I got some praise by the god himself :o

I made a thread asking about if you do TP before bank or other way around but nobody responded T.T
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

You of course build a bank before.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:You of course build a bank before.

To give myself some extra credit, this was in the first days from release.

I do wonder if sometimes TP first just smoothens up your build to the point where its worth it. Not sure.

Anyhow in this case youre right yes. How would I succesfully scout virginia company btw?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Well you have 200 extra wood, you should take a TP at some point, but it should not delay your bank boom.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Well you have 200 extra wood, you should take a TP at some point, but it should not delay your bank boom.

Against russia I was experimenting with the TP before bank because you can then sneak in cm and be fine about all russia can think of which is pretty cool.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I dont really get point 4, why am I the one defending? I thought dutch had to make things happen.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Jerom wrote:I dont really get point 4, why am I the one defending? I thought dutch had to make things happen.

Because you have less army?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Jerom wrote:I dont really get point 4, why am I the one defending? I thought dutch had to make things happen.

Because you have less army unless he goes FI?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

so jerom and rouga have finally made up

smooch smooch they're finally over the captain quarrel
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

#friendshiptriumphs
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Jerom wrote:How would I succesfully scout virginia company btw?

You can always check opponents' decks, sometimes it may be enough. If you spot VC and then see them massing manors like crazy, it should be a clear indication the best card in the game has just been sent :flowers:
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

jerom captain
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Jerom captain
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:+
1) Good macro

2) At 12min that was a good move to try to take a good positioning (sadly, he moved and turned it into a bad fight for you :( ).
-
1) The BO was bad, you basically delayed the bank to build a TP, just delay the TP to build the bank lol, a bank is better than 1 TP (if you want to commit to a TP play, which is bad, build 2 TP while aging, you can't delay the bank just for an earlier TP).

2) You scout VC, a lot of vills on wood and a rax, it's of course going to be a pike semi ff, the counter would be to straigh ff, making huss just delays your age up for nothing.

3) You don't even use your huss, you should of course raid and at least scout him, you would see that he has 2 stables, it's a very important information you can easily gather with 5huss.

4) When you're playing dutch vs brit, you're the one who defends, so going half map just resulted in you wasting some skirms and you would have lose all your skirms if he had 10 huss. You should consider to boom more, like send 1000g after 1000w.

5) The 2nd rax is questionnable. Keep in mind that you have to kill his lb, and how? Not with a skirm/goon clearly. In this situation, you can either build a 2nd stable (if you assume you're better than your opponent and can abuse your mobility to raid etc, and win a fight with your huss), or simply build an artillery foundry, and make some falcs. If he adds culvs that's fine, make sure you have more culvs than him.

6) At 15min, after winning that fight, you decide to push and waste your army. You have a better eco and a lot of resources left, why do you push? Just boom more than him and wait, pushing your opponent's hunts when you don't have a huge army is the best way to take a bad fight.

But what if they go colo lb pike, or 10 lb 10 pike semi? They will harras your vills so much, make u can mm for the pike, and u might still lose a house
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

ovi12 wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:+
1) Good macro

-

But what if they go colo lb pike, or 10 lb 10 pike semi? They will harras your vills so much, make u can mm for the pike, and u might still lose a house

He saw that the guy was going for virginia with a late rax, it's pretty obvious.