L2Sioux

Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: L2Sioux

Post by spanky4ever »

Thx - very nice games!
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:So basically you're saying you need to straight ff or send atp (hint: bad) to stay competitive?

When I die I want the patch team to carry my coffin and bury me so they can let me down one last time.

The ATP remark was to express my surprise to how ATP instead of 3 villagers still works out, I thought it was too difficult to hold that many TPs. Umeu only did it in one game against a British player on High Plains with a 5 TP-line. It doesn't mean Sioux has to send ATP instead of 3 villagers to be competitive, it just shows you how it can still work out in your favour. "(...)you need to straight ff (...) to stay competitive?" You need to look at it differently: Sioux CAN straight ff, HOLD A TIMING (minute 8-10) and still win in the end! The dominating early game and the lack of houses make it possible + strong units and not too shabby fortress shipments.

I still wonder how the games would've played out if your opponents were to invest 50+ wood into walls to block cavalry raids on the flanks, like in that one game against India on Hudson Bay, if they had put 3 wall segments between the water and their infrastructure the huge raid would've been possible in the fashion shown.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Honestly I didn't watch the recs but going straight ff usually means you're relying on your opponent doing a timing. I only do that vs france, but what if he goes semi-ff? You instantly lose the game.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Honestly I didn't watch the recs but going straight ff usually means you're relying on your opponent doing a timing. I only do that vs france, but what if he goes semi-ff? You instantly lose the game.

It depends, a 4v/700w would win vs a semi-ff, but yea 700g ff would lose :P
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Some good observations by venox.

Also by Bram. But ye the straight ff would probably strugglee vs a semi, but when i did the straight ff vs France i knew he was gonna do a timing. And in Manu mu's you can kinda know what's coming to you by scouting Well and knowing the mu.

In most cases i would do some 4v first ff, With wood or coin 2nd. But That's too slow vs a timing, as Well as too slow vs a rush.

But i Think Sioux is good in quite a few mus, and you have to play different vs them than any other civ. Normale you Think iTS good to trade army vs weak eco civs, but vs Sioux u just gotta sit tight
Sweden leaf4
Dragoon

Post by leaf4 »

nice recs
thebritish wrote: AA>going fortress
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Did you lose a single game?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Not in this rec pack i think. Sioux op, its hard to lose games
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:Not in this rec pack i think. Sioux op, its hard to lose games
really? Iv managed to beat you multiple times in an average of about 1minute while you're playing soiux. Don't seem op to me.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

No idea what ur talking about
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

o rly mr trump
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

umeu wrote:im not sure if atp works :P it kinda seemed awkward when playing it, but it was first time i did it.
the straight ff is indeed great vs timings but not so great vs rushes. semi does better vs rushes but is too slow vs timings mostly i think

In what sense can a good player not scout your straight ff and turn his timing into a rush? That's the important question here I think.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

you can't because you open the same way. 700c comes first whether you prepare to fight colonial vs his timing with BR or wether you fast ff. and you also build the stable and warhut. so he cant know what you do untill its too late. and he cant rush you really because you are up at like 6.45 so if he prepared for a timing, he cant turn it into a rush cuz he will be too late. he can turn his timing into a semi though, which is probably the best answer.
Argentina Sequen
Crossbow

Post by Sequen »

oh , it´s just what i was looking for
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

Sequen wrote:oh , it´s just what i was looking for

Estás aburrido de tanto jugar nilla en GameRanger? :D
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

umeu wrote:you can't because you open the same way. 700c comes first whether you prepare to fight colonial vs his timing with BR or wether you fast ff. and you also build the stable and warhut. so he cant know what you do untill its too late. and he cant rush you really because you are up at like 6.45 so if he prepared for a timing, he cant turn it into a rush cuz he will be too late. he can turn his timing into a semi though, which is probably the best answer.

This is why we need to nerf Sioux.
Pay more attention to detail.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Does this qualify for the strategy wall, @iNcog ? I think it's worth pinning!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

well replays are nice for sure 100% but strategy wall is for write-ups where a guy can just read the OP and work with that
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.