Looking for some tips: 1 win and 1 loss.

United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Looking for some tips: 1 win and 1 loss.

Post by site »

The first rec is vs a sgt and the second vs a 2nd Lt. I ended up just resigning in the second one because my eco was bad and I was a age behind.
Attachments
[RE SP] site[FR] vs Big_Johnson4[RU] - Unknown.age3yrec
The last game I played <<
(540.52 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Unknown
Unknown
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 20 minutes
[RE SP] site[FR] vs TheGreekOne[IR] - Deccan.age3yrec
(352.25 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Deccan
Deccan
Length: 8 minutes
[RE SP] site[FR] vs solar_wind[RU] - Great Lakes.age3yrec
(420.72 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Great Lakes
Great Lakes
Length: 19 minutes
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Looking for some tips: 1 win and 1 loss.

Post by momuuu »

If you tag me tomorrow i'll have a look
No Flag musketjr
Lancer

Post by musketjr »

site wrote:The first rec is vs a sgt and the second vs a 2nd Lt. I ended up just resigning in the second one because my eco was bad and I was a age behind.

1- in both games you had long time where your town centre was not produce villager. make that priority - to always have town centre building villager

2 - you can be more efficient macro at start of game. in game 2 the map give you extra crates. you had 200+wood spare but didn't built a trade post with it (cost = 200 wood). in game 1 you didn't build a market for hunting dogs, or a trade post early. you can afford to macro in one of them as france. what I mean by 'can afford to macro in one' is you can gather the resources for either and still click to age 2 the same time you do making 14 villager and neither. so it therefore more efficient to make one.

3 - you did the same forward stable start in both games. don't do one thing against everything else - then you are just hoping it works. play to be adaptive. you can be aggressive with forward building but the way you are doing it don't make many sense. especially vs Iroquois and Russia. those civ are stronnk at early game so you would usually need to start defensively.

4 - related to 3. scout. you didn't scout what your enemy doing.

5 - watch record game or video in youtube of high rank player. see how they macro or what kind of adaptations they make after scouting, or how they choose to begin playing in age 2. youll notice for example what I said about strong rush civs like iro and Russia. players start defensive vs them. there's a dynamic all civs bring to the table.

bawse
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

Thanks for the tips @musketjr . I'll work on those on my next few games. I just finished a game where I destroyed another Sgt. It was before I actually read any of these tips but I do feel like I executed my BO a lot better in it. I'll add it to the first post ^^^

PS: It turns into a man hunt towards the end and I just stopped actually trying to build an eco, etc. I knew he was just hiding a single unit somewhere.

And @Jerom , I'd appreciate your tips too! :)
No Flag musketjr
Lancer

Post by musketjr »

don't think about your win.

at your level you are submerged at it were in a great sea of scrubbery. of course, opponent at similar level are in the same place. so if you win, more than likely you won against a form of scrubbery. the point is that you might have made equal or even worse mistakes objectively, but still had a 'good' result
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

I'll check out the recs later, though I'm not a great player, but I'll tell you something now that I've learned. Just watch the recs from the opponents point of view and see what he did an try to analyse why he did everything he did. Then watch it from your point of view again and try to point out everything you did wrong or right, why you did it and how you could do it better. Having other people tell you what to do is nice but sometimes the most valuable stuff you learn will be from yourself.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around