[RE] Forgrin tries to play Brits: Forgrin vs Integer

Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

[RE] Forgrin tries to play Brits: Forgrin vs Integer

Post by forgrin »

GGs. integer is definitely the better player but I pulled out a win in the mirror vs his water lame. I'm really sorry to any Brit players that watch these, I suck at their macro :(

Both the Japan games, integer club rushes me. I know I generally played sloppy here and it probably was holdable, but what's the course of action for Brits if Japan does this? I dunno if the standard lbow really holds it since ashi + club just get in lbow's face too easily. @SirCallen
Attachments
[RE SP] Forgrin[BR] vs integer[JP] - Painted Desert.age3yrec
(455.54 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Painted Desert
Painted Desert
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 15 minutes
[RE SP] Forgrin[BR] vs integer[JP] - Yukon.age3yrec
(390.94 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Yukon
Yukon
Length: 11 minutes
[RE SP] Forgrin[BR] vs integer[BR] - California.age3yrec
(521.68 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
California
California
Length: 32 minutes
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Re: [RE] Forgrin tries to play Brits: Forgrin vs Integer

Post by Jaeger »

LOL integer what an OP name

I think @Jerom should make an account called "Limit"
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

make lbow musk lolz or walls
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

First off, brits can be a hard civ to macro, don't beat yourself up too much. If jap club rushes, I'd probably say musketeers would be preferred over lbows. And do not start pike as there are no shrines to really siege anyways since jap does a low eco build. Longbows are an awkward unit in the fact that they can't kite and they are garbage mode in hand combat which clubs + ashi do a nice job of getting into. Whereas musketeers fair fine vs clubs and can kite nicely. I'd opt for musk, so then add stable and huss later, say 700 or 600w, (he will most likely add yumi, if he doesn't just stick musk as brit musk beat ashis cost effectively especially with cards in later).

You should probably be happy if jap club rushes you as brit, since they will be relatively low eco and you should be able to hold it nicely.

Also idk why the tag didn't work but I have a knack for smelling brit posts and inserting my opinion in them anyways.

A couple notes.

Brit Mirror: You pushed into his base and saw he had no units. No musketeers ever attacked you. I mean I'm 18 min into the game and the other guy still has never built a rax or made a single unit. If you recognize this and just right click tc at 7 min instead of at 13 min, then the game would be over. He shipped 2 caravel super early, this is a wasted shipment, since you have no water presence anyways and it does not defend his town center. You gave him a chance to establish along the coast but still you pulled it out so gg! Nice job establishing tps and tcs and booming on land. Not sure why Integer never shipped schooners lol.

In general: You're aging a vill late as brit. You should, ideally, age with 15 + # of manors = total vills. So this is 16 on a 200w start and 17 if you built 2 manors on a 300w start. Aim for ~2:45 age up. This just comes from age 1 hunt efficiency and will really help things out vs a jap rush because everything will now just be 30 seconds faster. Scouting is key, so you know to prepare for a club rush or not.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

Zhanson10 wrote:make lbow musk lolz or walls

wallz.. and let japan water boom, NOICE
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

What clan is this Forgrin that your in? looks like a really good clan, wonder who made it...
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

sirmusket wrote:
Zhanson10 wrote:make lbow musk lolz or walls

wallz.. and let japan water boom, NOICE

umm so its possible to stop a japan water boom without walls but spending 40w on walls means u lose?
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

deleted_user wrote:First off, brits can be a hard civ to macro, don't beat yourself up too much. If jap club rushes, I'd probably say musketeers would be preferred over lbows. Longbows are an awkward unit in the fact that they can't kite and they are garbage mode in hand combat which clubs + ashi do a nice job of getting into. Whereas musketeers fair fine vs clubs. I'd opt for musk, so then add stable and huss later, say 700 or 600w, (he will most likely yumi, if he doesn't just stick musk as brit musk beat ashis cost effectively especially with cards in later).

You should probably be happy if jap club rushes you as brit, since they will be relatively low eco and you should be able to hold it nicely.

Also idk why the tag didn't work but I have a knack for smelling brit posts and inserting my opinion in them anyways.

Yeah what callen said!