[RE] French (Gendarme - PR 25) vs Portuguese (kakusama - PR 31) on California

Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

[RE] French (Gendarme - PR 25) vs Portuguese (kakusama - PR 31) on California

Post by Gendarme »

[spoiler=My thoughts]I struggle a lot against Portuguese, even on RE and on non-water maps. I have tried to double rax musk-rush Portuguese successfully before, but I think it is a bad BO. Even though it forces CM (maybe not even that if the guy is good - I don't really know), the switch from double rax spam to teching to Fortress Age feels awkward - and I am not comfortable doing that anyways. I decide that I want to do a hussar semi-FF like I do most of my games.

I checked his deck in Discovery Age and noticed that he was going to water-boom into Fortress Age with no organ guns or cassadors in his deck. A lot of times, my opponent also does a hussar semi-FF, so they also get a batch out when I do, which is why I always go for more than 5 hussars. However, when my first batch of hussars reach his base and see that he still doesn't have a stable up, and I have my third shipment (700c) arriving, I should have realised that additional hussars are unnecessary and cancelled the hussars I had in production and went to Fortress Age quickly. I was contemplating this, but I didn't do it. What's even worse, after the second batch of hussars, I queued one more batch, which was incredibly stupid. I probably just assumed that 5 hussars would pop any moment and I wanted to be able to kill them with ease.

Apart from killing one settler and idling his settlers (while he still has fishing boats), my hussars didn't really do anything useful. To be honest, I never know what I am supposed to do with my cavalry units in the opponent's base.

Continuing, I hit Fortress Age before he does, and with my two trading posts I spam military shipments like a true Chinese - resulting in an insane army advantage (most likely - I haven't actually watched the recording from his perspective, but I can't imagine him having an army). And now comes the part with which I have struggled since the dawn of time - I can't make proper use of my two falconets. To my surprise, the TC has an insane range and rekt my falconet (what the hell is going on?); this has never happened to me before. I think I am over-protective of my falconets, and instead of sitting on them with my skirm/goon army, I should have poked him a lot, and probably even "manually" sieged his TC.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Final battle]I ended up giving him so much free time, that he decided to take the fight to me even with his superior eco. In the final battle, his army still seems somewhat weak, but my positioning was crap and I didn't even realise it, so I got rekt.[/spoiler]
Share your infinite wisdom with me, ESOC.
Attachments
[RE SP] Gendarme[FR] vs kakusama[PT] - California.age3yrec
(466.19 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
California
California
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 18 minutes
Pay more attention to detail.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Re: [RE] French (Gendarme - PR 25) vs Portuguese (kakusama - PR 31) on California

Post by fei123456 »

california is a map that the shore is far way from primary TC. so you can ff/sff, send frigate and cannon, and attack on water first. if you succeed in killing his docks and fishing boats, his land unis are nothing to you.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Re: [RE] French (Gendarme - PR 25) vs Portuguese (kakusama - PR 31) on California

Post by Gendarme »

I don't even include 2 caravels and 1 frigate in any of my decks. Fuck water.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

sirmusket wrote:ego rec

stop spamming your useless posts

I don't think forcing the CM is a win, since it costs only one card, bearing in mind that the Portuguese have one free slot in age 1, and it denies basically your whole aggression, as the TC fire is much more effective and with one MM pop you can use your entire army with an inability to reinforce soon enough due to a low-eco build. I think what Ports struggle the most against are falconets, so in this MU as France I'd just park them in front of the opponent's base and try to protect them as much as possible, while ideally massing goons (with cav combat) not to be surprised by any mamelukes shenanigans.
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

sirmusket wrote:ego rec
ego post
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

pecelot wrote:I think what Ports struggle the most against are falconets, so in this MU as France I'd just park them in front of the opponent's base and try to protect them as much as possible, while ideally massing goons (with cav combat) not to be surprised by any mamelukes shenanigans.

As I mentioned (if you read my thoughts on the game), I don't really understand how to utilize the 2 falcs. Sitting on them while they siege the TC doesn't seem to work. The TC outranges them I think, and it takes forever, so it gives him a lot of time. Perhaps I am supposed to siege with my army as well, and be ready to react as soon as he tries to snipe my falcs with flanking cavalry. Not sure.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

You don't have to siege the TC, you can burn his houses and military building while your superior army may prevent him from gathering, after that you can set your falcs onto the TC to put him on a clock.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Gendarme wrote:I don't even include 2 caravels and 1 frigate in any of my decks. Fuck water.

nope.
to defeat the enemy you have to learn them. you know that ships are some imbalance: 1 frigate=1000 resources, but it actually beat 5000+ resources' land units (except cannons) near the shore.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

Couprider wrote:
Gendarme wrote:I don't even include 2 caravels and 1 frigate in any of my decks. Fuck water.

nope.
to defeat the enemy you have to learn them. you know that ships are some imbalance: 1 frigate=1000 resources, but it actually beat 5000+ resources' land units (except cannons) near the shore.

man.... if some people don't understand that this is a largely reality/history based strategy game.... i just don't get that. i think its actually rather silly that land units can do any damage against warships at alll.... anyway, it is true that warships are probably not expensive enough. When you can make a whole huge ship full of cannons (shipbuilding was even today is no cheap process) for the same price as just over one heavy canon in VS there is probably something imbA about that ... but units doing damage to warships is stupid unless they are canon or grins
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Spieler einz ist op du wohne in brasil
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

adderbrain5 wrote:
Couprider wrote:

nope.

man.... if some people don't understand that this is a largely reality/history based strategy game.... i just don't get that. i think its actually rather silly that land units can do any damage against warships at alll.... anyway, it is true that warships are probably not expensive enough. When you can make a whole huge ship full of cannons (shipbuilding was even today is no cheap process) for the same price as just over one heavy canon in VS there is probably something imbA about that ... but units doing damage to warships is stupid unless they are canon or grins

stop bringing in hostory as a fact to the game.. aztecs never moved to borneo for a foght against sioux.. so just dont, dont bring history up on as a good reason... rather just bring in game experience.. and there are ws too good simply
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

sebnan12 wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

stop bringing in hostory as a fact to the game.. aztecs never moved to borneo for a foght against sioux.. so just dont, dont bring history up on as a good reason... rather just bring in game experience.. and there are ws too good simply

whatever yo. the appeal of the game is history/realism to a lot of people, thats sort of how the game was launched. realism doesnt kill a game it makes it more immersive.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

lol
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

NEED MORE XP
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

its realistic that all civs can build walls and sioux cant? is it realistic that all sioux lived in tepees and were travelers? is it realistic aztec lived in the same time period as napoleon?

NEED MORE XP
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Gendarme wrote:Share your infinite wisdom with me, ESOC.

So much wisdom in this thread. @pecelot u da real mvp so far
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

captaaaiiiin powwerrrr!

On a side note, I have zero clue how to play vs water so sadly I have no input :(
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

brofist
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

@gibson guess what this is
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

sadly not a janrush thread
No Flag wuziqii
Musketeer

Post by wuziqii »

u can land boom,just ignore water