Can you help me identify my deficiencies and how to address them? 1v1 French vs Japanese

United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Can you help me identify my deficiencies and how to address them? 1v1 French vs Japanese

Post by site »

Hey, guys! I would appreciate it if you could help me identify any deficiencies, problems, stupid stuff, etc... and help me fix it! I appreciate it!

(Yes, I did win - but I'm sure I did a lot wrong...)
Attachments
[RE SP] site[FR] vs snufkin5813[JP] - Great Plains.age3yrec
(438.3 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Great Plains
Great Plains
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 16 minutes
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Re: Can you help me identify my deficiencies and how to address them? 1v1 French vs Japanese

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

- When starting out, get that food crates asap. You should be getting your first vill at around 7s, not like 11. This affects age up. (germans can do it in 6
- You over-gathered food a fuck ton.
- You got housed. This pretty much pauses the game for you
- You should have trained more vills while you had the chance. You had food and pop sitting there.
- While X-Bow pike is good, not so much with the Japanese, as everything they have will demolish the pike. (Though I'm not sure if niganatas will beat them - but they are pretty beefy). Fill up on X-Bows.
- Micro was not the best. You could have avoided some skirms getting killed, and musks were left in melee mode.
- When defending the first attack, don't be afraid to use a few coureurs. They can make it very hard to rush French.
- Don't go for shrines. They don't provide much early game.

dnt listen to meh tho. pretty much 1-4 was my main concern
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Can you help me identify my deficiencies and how to address them? 1v1 French vs Japanese

Post by deleted_user »

Pike semi ff I've played this mu once before I TOTES know what I'm talking about. But really France is supposed to win this mu handily.
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

Well, few things i wanna point out,
> For the best early game macro, put 2 ( you did 3) cdb straight away in tc then on 1 bison, and put remaining cdb so that they are gathering on atleast 2 food crates exactly from start, to get the 1st cdb in que asap. Its quite small thing but every little detail counts.
> Also, with 100w 100c start you can almost always start early market with no idle time, + gp has 2 free coin treasures in start so its makes it even smooth to do hunting dogs early.
> As far as your build is concerned, you did some 700w 600w 4v/3 huss something... which is strat for xbow pike rush, so you have to be aggressive, though you made both rax at home totally defensive. if you try to xbow pike semi, its ok to have defensive rax and do something like 700w 4v 700c. Although japan guy cub ruhsed you so cant go semi there.
> You almost never chopped wood in age 2, although you ship 700w 600w, you still need to chop wood, you just cant put all cdb to food as you did, and had shit tones of food stacked all time :D
> Always keep making vills ^^
>when you were fighting xbow pike with aashi+clubs, you can use pikes in covered mode as it changes their mele resistance into ranged resistance so they soak alot more damage while your xbows or musks still fire from back, and use minutemen if you want, if you dont have coin just sell 100f in market to get mm, coz 1 fight can decide so much, although you were ok their.

Also you dint take vill treasure, which was behind your tc :P , try to take tres like that, coz 1 extra vill from start is huge.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

for one, xbow+pikeis a viable option IMO, pike to siege shrines and xbow to protect them/keep Jap busy, although some huss is recomended to deal with yumi
you can go for a pike semi or musk semi to siege some shrines, make 15 musks in colo + 5 in transition, upgrade them and ship falcs
to be fair, though, I think starting cav is the best here as you can raid his heroes + idle him for a bit, then FF and go for skirm+cuir+falcs, and I'd either go cuir-heavy or cannon-heavy (a culv is nice to kill FA)
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by site »

Thanks for the suggestions guys!
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

It is funny to realize how much I associate an avatar with a person
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by site »

P i k i l i c wrote:It is funny to realize how much I associate an avatar with a person

:lol: I like the seal. Don't club me.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

@musketeer925 grudge BO21 incoming
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

My seal has a hat, and is therefore better.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

dat seal actually looks so ba(l)d!
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by site »

musketeer925 wrote:My seal has a hat, and is therefore better.

Hey, I'm not a corporal anymore. We could do a bo7
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

I'll play a BO7, and if you win I'll make you one with a hat.

I'm keeping my hat though.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Let this seal war begin :uglylol:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

maybe make a separate scheduling thread to... seal the deal :uglylol:
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

This match-up has my seal of approval
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk