Need some help please

Great Britain Smelly_English
Crossbow
ESO: Smelly_English

Need some help please

Post by Smelly_English »

Hi guys, I dont know if Im just in a playing Lull or what but Ive plummeted down from a 2nd lieu to a master sarg. I seem to do ok until late age 2 and completely get distracted in the third age. Any pointers would be great ! Upload me Russia Vs Aztec PC on Expert on Deccan. Bear in mind the pc masses unrealistic amounts of units in age 2 I should of set it to just hard. The Ai is still not that great on here.
Attachments
[RE SP] Smelly_English__[RU] & tra1l_8laz3r[BR] & Just_Win_It[BR] vs jaris[FR] & Swetowww[FR] & Diobáne[GE] - Deccan.age3yrec
(683.42 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
Deccan
Deccan
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Re: Need some help please

Post by site »

I'll watch it when I get home, but best advice I think is play 25-50 unr games against players 3-5 PR above you and ask for advice and tips every game. After those games, you should play like those players more or less.

#OPSTRAT
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Games vs AIs don't let you develop in general, practice as much as you can vs human players, compstomps may only serve you as an offline training of BOs IMO.
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: diarouga

Post by Diarouga »

if I had a better english, I would do some streams to point out people's mistake but unfortunately I don't :P
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

you can become a 1st lt by constantly making villagers, sending a basic, logical card order, and spending decently macroed resources on units and market upgrades, because everyone below this level lacks the above in some regard. As ranks increase from here those skills increase to an extent but at a rate of diminishing returns, and skills such as micro, game sense/knowledge, map awareness, and apm become more important.

This just comes from repition and mindfulness when playing to adhere to the basics like herding, villager production, sending cards, getting market in transition, etc, and a general sense of efficiency (I.e. Making several manors at once with different villagers after collecting 700w instead of having one settler build them all in a row, or, sending villagers in/out of tc).

Hot keying even a few common tasks can make this much easier to accomplish (I.e. Town center + villager, house, selecting barracks/stable, and using control groups.)
Great Britain Smelly_English
Crossbow
ESO: Smelly_English

Post by Smelly_English »

Thanks for the input guys :) Any ideas why the hot key for find market doesnt work CTRL M seems to work once in 1000 !
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Could be something to do with the following settings (paraphrasing their names - don't have game pulled up know them for sure):

"find hotkey centers camera on unit," and, "threshold to snap onto unit" or something like that

Double check also that "find market" is actually ctrl + w in settings

You could also try changing the hotkey. For instance I use shift + (build hotkey) to find my buildings, namely, the market. The shift button is much easier to combine with letter hotkeys than ctrl for me.

*****Also make sure "allow conflicts" is set up on TAD!! This option is not available in the original AoE 3 hotkey settings. With this option enabled you can make similar enough buildings the same hotkey. For instance: stable and aravanserai can both be "s" or I like to have my arsenal, consulate, and firepit all on "f" since no civ has both of those buildings. Barracks and blockhouse are both "a," houses, manor houses, shrines, villages, etc are all "q" and so on...

Hope this helps! I personally use my shift + w to find market all the time so I think it's nice to hotkey it this early.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Smelly_English wrote:Thanks for the input guys :) Any ideas why the hot key for find market doesnt work CTRL M seems to work once in 1000 !

Ι have the same issue lol, just change the hotkey