Sir_Musket vs SirCallen // Best of 21 // Battle of the Sirs

United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Sir_Musket vs SirCallen // Best of 21 // Battle of the Sirs

Post by site »

Two knights meet in a series unprecedented in length and in salt. Hailing from down south, Master of the Thuggees, Magistrate of the Manchurias, the troll to end all trolls, the one and only @sirmusket . Hailing from the West, British knowitall, the true MusketeerMicroKing, the one and only @sircallen . Perhaps we will see a one-sided series, 11-0, or perhaps we will see the closest series ever seen, culminated in a grudge match to end all grudge matches. Stay tuned, and stay on the edges of your seats!

All games will be livestreamed by myself at https://www.twitch.tv/esocsite where you can find the highlighted videos, have their recs posted on this topic, and as time permits be edited and put on Youtube.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: Sir_Musket vs SirCallen // Best of 21 // Battle of the Sirs

Post by Gendarme »

I'll tune in for the 21st game.
Pay more attention to detail.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

Cbf posting recs, callen can do them im too lazy, the score is 2-1 Callens way, as of now ..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

when?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Only one rec saved: Azzy vs Ger. Check out the casted VOD here though: https://www.twitch.tv/esocsite/v/107160463 I highly recommend watching. Here are my thoughts on each game...

Game 1 (brit mirror): Needed to delete more vills. Honestly this was too easy.

Game 2 (russia vs china): If I ship CM I win the game; didn't have it in deck. I knew he was going to disciple rush but fucked up the timing in my head and he fb'd before I gathered coin for MM. Also If I had used villagers to finish off low xp units, used my TC fire smarter, and called mm earlier inside the wall triangle I had built (before 8 choks came) I still would have been fine. The build wasn't even that troll. Musket claimed I did this build because I knew I would lose otherwise and it was a means to save face. Indeed; the 9/10 disciple rush is something I'm being very adamant in the EP team to nerf. The rush, hitting an entire 5 whole seconds before a 17/20 disciple rush, is just too good. Too many units too quickly and a powerful eco to support it behind it all. I mean, he could just 700f/700g and age up np gg! Throughout this entire series I'd say my opponent was fiercely in my head.

Game 3 (azzy vs ger): Musket actually knew I would pick Azzy before I actually picked Azzy so suffice to say he must have had a specific counter prepared. Upon aging, I was 5 seconds off from my warhut placement so I couldnt send skull knights there. Oh well, no biggie. Musket had a nice mm + xbow pop but 1 skull knight still took out like half hp on all those xbows. I could have put xplorer in cover mode during this that would have helped. Never even done this rush before but nonetheless I felt very confident. I was quite mis-macro'd at some points due to a lack of herding and marching vills cross map to gather under my fb safely so I wouldn't lose by getting raided (only way I could lose in that situation)

I'm actually hard at work conceptualizing new builds for the future which I hope the masses find just as entertaining. I'm normally a basic standard player with one civ so this should be fun.
Attachments
[RE SP] Sir_Musket[GE] vs SirCallen[AZ] - ESOC Mendocino.age3yrec
(940.54 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
ESOC Mendocino
ESOC Mendocino
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 15 minutes
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

DOWNLOAD ALL RECS
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Which game is which? I'd assume one can match them to each other, but I'd be nicer if you named them properly :!:
Why RE? :O
Callen = Aztecs = mind = blown
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I renamed them, didn't I? With MUs and stuff. Also I've tinkered with Azzy before, not a bad civ.

Nvm only one rec saved. Casted VOD here: https://www.twitch.tv/esocsite/v/107160463
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

oos.

ffs collen, play ep.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

These rec'd are messed up, let me fix

edit: only one of the rec's saved. No worries: check out the casted VOD here: https://www.twitch.tv/esocsite/v/107160463
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

lemmings121 wrote:ffs collen, play ep.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

deleted_user wrote:Only one rec saved: Azzy vs Ger. Check out the casted VOD here though: https://www.twitch.tv/esocsite/v/107160463 I highly recommend

Game 1: Needed to delete more vills. Honestly this was too easy.

Game 2: If I ship CM I win the game; didn't have it in deck. I knew he was going to disciple rush but fucked up the timing in my head and he fb'd before I gathered coin for MM. Also If I had used villagers to finish off low xp units, used my TC fire smarter, and called mm earlier inside the wall triangle I had built (before 8 choks came) I still would have been fine. The build wasn't even that troll. Musket claimed I did this build because I knew I would lose otherwise and it was a means to save face. Indeed; the 9/10 disciple rush is something I'm being very adamant in the EP team to nerf. The rush, hitting an entire 5 whole seconds before a 17/20 disciple rush, is just too good. Too many units too quickly and a powerful eco to support it behind it all. I mean, he could just 700f/700g and age up np gg! Throughout this entire series I'd say my opponent was fiercely in my head.

Game 3: Musket actually knew I would pick Azzy before I actually picked Azzy so suffice to say he must have had a specific counter prepared. Upon aging, I was 5 seconds off from my warhut placement so I couldnt send skull knights there. Oh well, no biggie. Musket had a nice mm + xbow pop but 1 skull knight still took out like half hp on all those xbows. I could have put xplorer in cover mode during this that would have helped. Never even done this rush before but nonetheless I felt very confident. I was quite mis-macro'd at some points due to a lack of herding and marching vills cross map to gather under my fb safely so I wouldn't lose by getting raided (only way I could lose in that situation)

I'm actually hard at work conceptualizing new builds for the future which I hope the masses find just as entertaining. I'm normally a basic standard player with one civ so this should be fun.

Game 1: If i didn't push with 16 musk, I'd be fine, really you had 8 huss
Game 2: lol, you wouldnt be fine with CM , I'd just go back ship 700f/700c cuz i had 2 TP and age to 3 and comeback later and kill MM and idle you all game
Game 3: I lost to a 10/10 puma rush, yet i held with bow/mm i dont know what the fuck I did after that seeing I was in a winning position, either way Im glad I knocked out callens top 2 civs with using my shit ones, besides Ger, which was also shit today
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Game 1: Nope

Game 2: But I had 7 sheep and 4 cows don't see how I could lose with that. That's more livestock than you had vills PogChamp

Game 3: This is why you lost: https://clips.twitch.tv/esocsite/StrangeEmuWinWaker
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

deleted_user wrote:Game 1: Nope

Game 2: But I had 7 sheep and 4 cows don't see how I could lose with that. That's more livestock than you had vills PogChamp

Game 3: This is why you lost: https://clips.twitch.tv/esocsite/StrangeEmuWinWaker

Game 1: Sure, its your best civ
Game 2: Who needs vills
Game 3: Shuda 700w rather then 3 dop and win, kinda had that game ezy , OUT
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

haha the salt, it gets better and better
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

Basically Callen your pretty fucked up at this point playing your main civ so easily, when there is another 9+ games to go, Im taking this series dw
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

@site took the liberty of editing/fixing the twitch link :smile: Hope you don't mind :chinese:
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by site »

Octanium wrote:@site took the liberty of editing/fixing the twitch link :smile: Hope you don't mind :chinese:

My hero.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

sirmusket wrote:Basically Callen your pretty fucked up at this point playing your main civ so easily, when there is another 9+ games to go, Im taking this series dw

I'll quote you on that
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

".. what does sirmusket's wall mean? , ohh it points to the better player..." - site
hahaha, that was damn funny :lol:
nice casting btw! :flowers:
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

gh0st wrote:".. what does sirmusket's wall mean? , ohh it points to the better player..." - site

Well I was going to wall hunt, cuz i felt I had pre bad hunt, then decided to kind of abort the mission and just leave a half complete wall, it was pointing to the rock, rebounding back to me :O
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

pecelot wrote:
sirmusket wrote:Basically Callen your pretty fucked up at this point playing your main civ so easily, when there is another 9+ games to go, Im taking this series dw

I'll quote you on that

GOOD
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

sirmusket wrote:
gh0st wrote:".. what does sirmusket's wall mean? , ohh it points to the better player..." - site

Well I was going to wall hunt, cuz i felt I had pre bad hunt, then decided to kind of abort the mission and just leave a half complete wall, it was pointing to the rock, rebounding back to me :O

physics :hmm:
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by site »

Thanks, mate! Glad that my comments are entertaining. :love:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

PogChamp